Newest whatcha drinkin thread

TheLoneliestMonk

I hope to learn much about teas, coffees, beverages and booze I should try. I never post in the morning, but recently my morning poison has been Deadman's Reach coffee brewed in an aeropress.

Right now I'm drinking 2011 Ommegang Three Philosophers. It's been growing on me since I poured my first glass, but I can't shake the feeling that it is exactly what I imagine the dark leffe beer tastes like. I am enjoying it, but other Ommegang beers I've had were far better.

Two Buck Chuck. That's right. It gets the job done. (Colorado folks...I am sorry that you do not know what this is)

Your reign of terror is coming to an end.

Trader Joe's is planning to come to Colorado this year, and a source close to the situation said the California grocer is "most likely" coming to Boulder's Twenty Ninth Street shopping center.

OK - What is it w/ this stuff? I had never heard of it until The Atlantic had some piece about it (that was largely lauditory). They claimed that while it's Italian, it's huge in Argentina and the city of San Francisco.

I tried it and was just "meh," but I'm not a liquor guy really.

Stay away, it's the devil's drink! Fernet has been responsible for a number of nights gone bad, even as far back as USD. It's vile and it kicks your ass! Drink Averna instead, much tastier and less evil!

Haha - Somehow I'd never heard of it until recently.

You're better off for it!

One time at Nicks (iirc) in PB, some chicks in bikinis walked around promoting the stuff. It did not taste any better served by hot chicks in almost no clothes...

Fernet Branca is a wonderful herb liqueur. The first time I had it was in a bar in Malta where a Maltese man tried to describe it to me by explaining that it was made with plants, though he had to resort to what was essentially drunk charades to do so.

The second time I had it was in San Francisco, while staying with a former housemate from college.

The most recent time I've enjoyed Fernet was two weeks ago at a local restaurant, where they make their creme brulee with Fernet and serve a shot of it on the side with the dessert.

Fernet is bitter and complex, and definitely worth trying as a digestif. You're perfectly welcome to hate it, but you should do so from personal experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived