Newest whatcha drinkin thread

TheLoneliestMonk

Very cheap plonk until the hour is respectable enough to drink excessively expensive whisky.

Noon?

In time for my birthday my uncle sent me some home-made rakija, to help me bring out the slavic fiestyness for these last few weeks before exams. Or something. I am resisting the urge to folk-dance whilst drinking it.

Just home from the Blue monkey where I enjoyed the hell out of the Rogue Hazelnut Brown Ale. It was wonderful, and I snagged the last pint as the tap kicked...

Smooth, hazelnut nose with a rich malty body. Everything I love in a beer. :)

We are still talking about beer right? :huh:

Having a Sam Adams Irish Red. Nothing to do with St. Paddy's rather it has just been sitting in the back of fridge.

According to the receipt I found in my pocket, last night it was:

1 Old Fashioned

1 "Cherry Bomb" Old Fashioned

2 Sidecars

1 Manhattan

1 Pisco Mule

1 Blood and Sand

And then, later on,

1 Chocolate McShake

So, almost nailed the Mad Men homage to get ready for tomorrow night.

This morning it is Sulawesi coffee, black, to recover from last night's unexpected reunion with an old friend. Which included two drinks with both vodka and chambord that I absolutely need to recreate.

Mr. X, I went to the bar we discussed a couple of months ago and had a bacon-flavored beer. I didn't know that was a thing. What're you doing next Friday afternoon?

I didn't know that was a thing either. Much to the surprise of anyone who knows me, I'm not sure that's actually a good thing.

I think Brooklyn Brewery did something once where they used bacon in the brewing process, but I don't remember the details. And the Schlenkerla rauchbiers certainly have a baconesque character from the smoked malt.

I will be far, far away from Manhattan this Friday. Mayhap the middle of the month?

Been finding Abita beer absolutely delicious recently. I dunno what's changed. Think my subconscious is hearkening back to nights of delerium in New Orleans.

• 1 month later...

i am having a nice glass of pritchard's double barreled bourbon.

i find it to have a vanilla laden caramel nose. it is very nice to smell. the taste begins with a sweetness that fades into wood and herb. it is a bit on the hot side, but it is a pleasing warmth that fades a touch too quickly. you remedy this loss of warmth by another sip.

Archived