War is Coming… to Blu-ray and DVD Prices

Westeros

I got screwed by Best Buy. I pre-ordered the STARK BLU-RAY and paid for expatiated shipping a week ago. Now my the status of my order today is BACK-ORDER. did this happen to anyone else. I called Best Buy and they say they got overflowed with orders. But they already took my money.

I got screwed by Best Buy. I pre-ordered the STARK BLU-RAY and paid for expatiated shipping a week ago. Now my the status of my order today is BACK-ORDER. did this happen to anyone else. I called Best Buy and they say they got overflowed with orders. But they already took my money.

It's never a fantastic idea to order from Best Lie.

I ordered from Amazon back when it was $52.99. They automatically took the lowest price of the item ($34.99) since I ordered it and charged me that. It is out for delivery at the moment.

I did the same only mine still hasn't shipped. :bang:

Has anyone in Europe bought the blu-ray set and found it doesn't play on their blu ray player? I bought it on amazon.co.uk and they say it's supposed to be region-free (i.e. it should play anywhere), but apparently my player only plays Region 2 blu rays).... it seems the only UK version available is 'region-free' so I think I have to return it and buy the French edition, which doesn't have all the cool extra features and only has French subtitles (so I guess the Dothraki scenes will be subtitled in French!). Seriously pissed off.

Has anyone in Europe bought the blu-ray set and found it doesn't play on their blu ray player? I bought it on amazon.co.uk and they say it's supposed to be region-free (i.e. it should play anywhere), but apparently my player only plays Region 2 blu rays).... it seems the only UK version available is 'region-free' so I think I have to return it and buy the French edition, which doesn't have all the cool extra features and only has French subtitles (so I guess the Dothraki scenes will be subtitled in French!). Seriously pissed off.

Blu-ray only has three regions. Europe is entirely (including France and the UK) region B. So if you bought the UK version, it shouldn't even be relevant if it's region free since you're in the same region. Maybe your player needs a firmware update?

I didn't bother to pre-order but I did make sure I got to Best Buy first thing Tuesday morning. I of course had to get one with the Stark cover, there was no price difference for that version, the Targaryen version or the plain ol boxed set. I did see that Target has the Game of Thrones dvd also on sale for $29.99 this week as well.

My Amazon order came in the mail today !!!! Not only was the set much less expensive than I was expecting, but it came FIVE days early !!!!!! I am incredibly happy right now, and I am celebrating by deleting the series off my DVR finally. It is a really nice looking set.

Picked up my Blu-Ray from Bestbuy with the Targaryen Three Headed Sigil Art Box Cover.

The box itself is impressive with beautiful photographs. The commentaries are great and I get the sense that the actors aren't just paying lip service to the series, but really do love this fantasy world. Especially Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who seems to really know his stuff regading the books.

Archived