HBO First Look Trailer Breakdown

Westeros

Beautiful trailer.... but I am worried about 2 things, we see Osha with Bran and Hodor.... no Reeds of course, but also no Rickon?? waiting to see what's upt with this story arc.....

Wtf, Rickon isn't in the 2 or 3 seconds we see of Bran so you're worried he's not in the whole season?

The kid had about a minute screen time in season 1. He is a super minor character at this stage.

There are things that they seem to have advanced in the story and I don't think we will see the Reeds at all. When Catelyn tells Robb about "Jeyne" that is in Storm of Swords clear as day . . it seems they will be moving fast with this series because of costs.

Also, I do like they have adapted things for television. TV series are different for books.

We learn about the Jeyne thing in ASOS, yes, but it happened during ACOK. So, adding it to season 2 is quite logical, they don't have the PoV issue.

Wtf, Rickon isn't in the 2 or 3 seconds we see of Bran so you're worried he's not in the whole season?

The kid had about a minute screen time in season 1. He is a super minor character at this stage.

I am not worried about him showing or not, lol, I am worried what it means for the entire story, if he is separated from Osha!!! wright?? of course, that scene is hopefully before they run from Winterfell, just strolling through the wood.... but if it's after, well, who would Bran trust enough to give them Rickon??? to agree to separate from him?? from who we know from the show, only maester Luwin... maybe also Rodrik Cassel, but he is a too powerfull character, a leader in the North to run to Skagos

I got the feeling that the whole Bran / Hodor / Osha samples came from the same scene: so with the comet, and the comet is gone from the sky when they live Winterfell, so this whole scene is still in Winterfell.

I am not worried about him showing or not, lol, I am worried what it means for the entire story, if he is separated from Osha!!! wright?? of course, that scene is hopefully before they run from Winterfell, just strolling through the wood.... but if it's after, well, who would Bran trust enough to give them Rickon??? to agree to separate from him?? from who we know from the show, only maester Luwin... maybe also Rodrik Cassel, but he is a too powerfull character, a leader in the North to run to Skagos

Do we know if the actor playing Rickon in Season 1 has been cast for Season 2? The show could either send Rickon with Bran, Hodor and Asha Osha or kill him and Shaggydog. They may see a need for an important and shocking death in Season 2 and some economical and plot reasons.

Mind you, I hope they won't do this. Because it would be a sign that GRRM in book 6 or 7 has no important role for Rickon. Getting Rickon killed off in the show in Season 2 would ruin a lot for the readers of the cycle.

My only problem is that: how is Dany aware of the situation in Westeros, how did the news reach her ?

Probably the same way news would reach her in the books, and in the first season. In the first book, she learns of Robert's promise of a lordship for anyone who kills Viserys, and it was either the first or the second book that she learned of Robert's death, I think. I can't blame them for wanting even a little more information to find its way to Dany in the show, because it's a problem with her storyline being too unrelated to the rest of the story. It looked like she was probably in Qarth when she was having that conversation with Jorah in the trailer, so there would at least be avenues for news to reach her, and I can see the producers' point of view if they want her to have at least a general idea of the war going on in Westeros (which is definitely the type of news that would get around).

Beautiful trailer.... but I am worried about 2 things, we see Osha with Bran and Hodor.... no Reeds of course, but also no Rickon?? waiting to see what's upt with this story arc.....

and I do hope that those boats aren't the fleet in the Blackwater Bay.... of course, a lot of people could die and burn in small boats as well.... but what would be the point of Davos as a captain??? And of course, we would lose from the genius of Tyrion and his huge chain. Also I hope they don't cut the death of his 4 sons. We don't need to see it, just that it happens, it is very important for the story of Davos.

They could just not kill off Maester Luwin, and have Rickon go with him.

and I do hope that those boats aren't the fleet in the Blackwater Bay.... of course, a lot of people could die and burn in small boats as well.... but what would be the point of Davos as a captain??? And of course, we would lose from the genius of Tyrion and his huge chain. Also I hope they don't cut the death of his 4 sons. We don't need to see it, just that it happens, it is very important for the story of Davos.

People in full armor on the boats, it coul be an iron born raid.

Not stupid this idea of an Iron Born raid, but they are not stupid to wear full armors on boats, no ?

Yes, in general. Davos comments on this in his POV. Knights in full plate tend to sink very easily to the bottom of deep water, drowning to death.

Could be Battle of the Blackwater, as well. Davos mentioned the shiny knights on those boats in his POV for that part of ACoK.

Boy everybody must have better eyes than me for CGI , can't see the VFX work on the dire wolf.

The Osha, Hodor, Bran, comet thing kind of confuses me, but maybe indeed they are still in Winterfell?

Sure are stubborn about the Ironborn scenario, I wonder if that's worked into episode 1, lot cover in the first few episodes.

I have the impression the teleplay scripting has rearranged some things and maybe narrative too? Well they have a mighty task.

For me, it's obvious they are still in Winterfell.

And trust me, when you work in the cinema industry all day, you really spot the CGI in a second, which is sad because I am never impressed by special effects, except in really minor occasions, like Pirates of the Carribean II and III, District 9 and few others...

I am guessing, that like most productions soundtrack scoring is done late.

So nothing new by Ramin Djawadi yet, a little bit from the first season has shown up.

For me , first time I watched episode 1 ,first season , the opening credits, I was sold down the creek, by the music first and the CGI 'map' work next.

Seems odd they don't use a little of the main theme in any of the promotional stuff so far.

Maybe it's a contract thing?

Archived