HBO First Look Trailer Breakdown

Westeros

For the sake of a season-ending cliffhanger, I can see

Bran and Rickon having just been "killed", still being "dead" as far as the audience is concerned, or the reveal of their being alive in the crypts.

In any of these scenarios the whole situation with Meera and Jojen wouldn't matter and could be brought up in S3.

There's one big problem with Osha being Bran and Hodor's companion as their adventures north begin. Remember,

Osha isn't a greenseer. Jojen is, and that's the reason they go North in the first place, to develop Bran's visions with the CotF.

In the books though he actually really loved her and she loved him too

True, he does love her. But he married her because of honor the day after sleeping with her... I dunno I've always felt he kind of grew to love after he initially married her for fear of getting her pregnant and honor and thinking back to what Jon's situation.

For the sake of a season-ending cliffhanger, I can see

Bran and Rickon having just been "killed", still being "dead" as far as the audience is concerned, or the reveal of their being alive in the crypts.

In any of these scenarios the whole situation with Meera and Jojen wouldn't matter and could be brought up in S3.

There's one big problem with Osha being Bran and Hodor's companion as their adventures north begin. Remember,

Osha isn't a greenseer. Jojen is, and that's the reason they go North in the first place, to develop Bran's visions with the CotF.

What you said in the second spoiler is spot on...

Why else would Bran go north? They will have the Reeds in, it is known.

What you said in the second spoiler is spot on...

Why else would Bran go north? They will have the Reeds in, it is known.

I really don't understand some people taking this stance: in the book,

Bran goes north becuase of Jojen's green dreams? I don't even remember if that's specifically true or not, but if that's the case, why would anybody think it would be hard to replace that? After the razing of Winterfell, Bran's going to have to go somewhere, so all they have to do is use his dreams (which can say whatever the producers' want) combined with Osha's perspective/interpretation of Bran's dreams. Supplying that motivation is pretty easy, if the bar you've set is somebody's dreams.

Colour me disappointed at the lack of Reek being cast as well, and CGI direwolves. Especially the direwolves. If S2 plays out as ACoK does, how can there be no Reek? More reason why I think that's all going to play out in S3. I hope, anyway.

What the hell is Bran's storyline going to include then?

I cannot see his plot moving forward at all without them. And no, Osha can't fill in their shoes. Maybe they'll have Bran get the greenseer dreams instead?

Ugh, dammit. Is there a chance that they were cast and we just don't know about it? I don't want to imagine the alternative.

What the hell is Bran's storyline going to include then?

Probably it'll start with whole Theon/AshaYara backstory, introduce Balon and the other Iron Islanders in general (remember, we haven't seen them yet on-screen), then have it culminate with

Spoiler
Theon taking control of Winterfell. The chase through the forest will ensue and my guess is that S2 will end up with Bran and Rickon being dead with their heads mounted on spikes.
The second half of that story could then ostensibly take place next season. Without M & J and without 'Reek', you're right, there's not much for the l'il guy to do.

Maybe they'll have Bran get the greenseer dreams instead?

"You will go to the Dagobah system...."

The bit with Osha, Bran and Hodor walking through the forest annoyed me a lot. Here's why:

Firstly, why are they walking through the woods, especially at the start of the series when the comet is going through the sky?

Where are the Reeds? Cutting them out will ruin the Bran storyline in the next few seasons. Is he gonna chat to Hodor as they're travelling or something?

Why is Osha saying that the comet means dragons? This implies that dragons will soon be coming to Westeros, when (if they stick to the books, which they should) this won't happen until like Season 7. Also, why would a wildling be wise about dragons and what signals them? Dragons were only in Westeros for a relatively short amount of time, and I'm pretty sure none of them went north of the Wall.

She says "Fire and Blood" in the books. How is this a big change? Why wouldn't Osha know about dragonlore?

The bit with Osha, Bran and Hodor walking through the forest annoyed me a lot. Here's why:

Firstly, why are they walking through the woods, especially at the start of the series when the comet is going through the sky?

Where are the Reeds? Cutting them out will ruin the Bran storyline in the next few seasons. Is he gonna chat to Hodor as they're travelling or something?

Why is Osha saying that the comet means dragons? This implies that dragons will soon be coming to Westeros, when (if they stick to the books, which they should) this won't happen until like Season 7. Also, why would a wildling be wise about dragons and what signals them? Dragons were only in Westeros for a relatively short amount of time, and I'm pretty sure none of them went north of the Wall.

She says "Fire and Blood" in the books. How is this a big change? Why wouldn't Osha know about dragonlore?

1.44 - Please tell me that's not Irri they're killing off :(

Also, who's the guy at 1.45? Halfhand?

I'm hoping she's not killed off too, but I'd rather Irri dies than Doreah.

Anyone else disappointed in the lack of Alton Lannister so far in these trailers? Truly a disappointment.

Well, Alton is not that important, and actually, if he's actually supposed to be Cleos Frey, he will not be that important before next season.

The one I'd love to see is Roose Bolton, and see Balon Greyjoy in action.

But I agree, showing Asha/Yara so soon would be a mistake, hope they'll keep her a secret until her first and cult appearance !

Anyone else disappointed in the lack of Alton Lannister so far in these trailers? Truly a disappointment.
I had to look up to figure who you were talking about... And now that I did, no, I truly don't care. I think his only real purpose was the emphasize the danger of the journey, and I don't think that particular point really needed to be made. He could still be a character as delivering the peace offering, but there's no reason to carry him over another season for the journey.

Millionth time watching the vid and i gotta say stannis looks hotter and hotter each time around! Holy shit is Stannis hot!!!! yeah yeah he's a bit oldddd but so HOT! T_T

Thank R'hllor, I thought I was the only one :blushing: I find his character incredibly attractive (even in the books) and Stephen Dillane seems to be the perfect guy to bring Stannis to life. I love him in all the pictures and the trailers.

Archived