Football #25

Renasko

Pretty gutted we dropped out of the UEFA Cup in the end. Was kind of hoping we'd win the thing as I'm of the "Win everything" persuasion. Still, can't fault our second half performance. Joe Hart came so close to becoming a true club legend with that header...

Bring on Chelsea at the weekend. Team spirit from those geriatrics will only get them so far at the Etihad...

UEFA Champions League Draw:

QF1) APOEL v. Real Madrid

QF2) Marseille v. Bayern Munich

QF3) Benfica v. Chelsea

QF4) AC Milan v. Barcelona

Shame the winner of the Chelsea tie faces Milan or Barcelona. I would've liked to see Jose return to Stamford Bridge as the opposition manager in the semi-finals of the CL.

No matter, maybe there'll be a couple of surprises and that'll be the final game.

Damn. Watching the FA Cup match between Tottenham and Bolton -- and it looks like it might be called off. Players off the pitch, etc. I didn't see the incident (was temporarily distracted), but apparently Fabrice Muamba had some kind of fit or attack -- paramedics out there on the pitch trying to revive him, etc. The looks on the faces in the crowd is really awful to behold.

ESPN's reporter in the White Hart Lane tunnel says Fabrice Muamba was not breathing when the Bolton midfielder was carried past him. Medical staff were still attempting to resuscitate him and a defibillator had been used.

From the BBC live text

The latest statement says he is in intensive care in the hospital's heart attack centre. Sounds bad, but at least he's still fighting. I really hope he pulls through.

You could see how shaken all the other players were when he collapsed. No one would wish that on their worst enemy.

Archived