New Trailer: The More You Love

Westeros

You know nothing... Jon Snow. That'd be Ygritte you're looking for. And while still young Arya is not going to be an ugly teen/woman. And of course there's always Dany, definitely fierce and pretty.

Ygritte will die on the spot, Arya is a girl and Daenerys is always always shaking on the brink of hysterical insanity (on TV).

But, yes, at least we'll have Ygritte for a while.

Theon had the hots for her and he barely knew her so it's not like her personality immediatley after meeting him could shine through.

Did you re-read Theon's chapter where he meets Asha before you posted that? You sound so sure of yourself, yet it doesn't seem to be particularly accurate.

I mean they must have chose that shot for a reason.

Actually, maybe not. D&D were shocked when they found that the Mad Aerys scene was included in a trailer. It was a blink and you miss it scene. Same as this one. A lot of these trailers are just randon scenes that are thrown together. They probably only put any thought into scenes where people actually speak.

Yara's looks are not particularly important. Although, given how people complain so much about how Hollywood makes everyone look pretty, I would find it refreshing if they did decide to choose somebody that doesn't look gorgeous while swinging an axe. OTOH, if I had to guess, I imagine she will look fairly attractive, when we see her for real. And it would be astounding if they changed her personality. To what exactly?

Nah. This strikes me as people getting over-excited about a bare glimpse of somebody.

It's Ygritte! For all of your opinions about what you're seeing is not what you imagined from the books, I'm surprised you keep botching such a prominent character name.

Sorry, I've read the first three books in French, and in French, she is called Ygrid.

But I was thinking:

Do we know for sure this Yara is Theon's sister.

Since we wont see Asha before season 4/5, maybe, like for Victarion, Aeron, Edmure and Brynden, they didnt want to cast her yet, since she has not so much to do yet and this Yara is someone else, like a cousin, or who the heck knows ?

Well, the cousin part is not really accurate since neither Victarion, Euron or Aeron has fathered children...

Except if they say she is the (fully invented, like Ros) daughter Victarion had with his wife he had to kill, but that would be too much.

Actually, maybe not. D&D were shocked when they found that the Mad Aerys scene was included in a trailer. It was a blink and you miss it scene. Same as this one. A lot of these trailers are just randon scenes that are thrown together. They probably only put any thought into scenes where people actually speak.

Yara's looks are not particularly important. Although, given how people complain so much about how Hollywood makes everyone look pretty, I would find it refreshing if they did decide to choose somebody that doesn't look gorgeous while swinging an axe. OTOH, if I had to guess, I imagine she will look fairly attractive, when we see her for real. And it would be astounding if they changed her personality. To what exactly?

Hmm the Aerys thing is interesting, I'd never heard that. I've always assumed they meticulously choose the scenes. And yeah it doesn't really matter to me how attractive asha/yara is provided she has the swagger and attitude she has in the books, although I do have an image in my mind of what she looks like, most characters in the show don't match how I imagine them so it wouldn't bother me if she looks less attractive or different as well.

Actually, maybe not. D&D were shocked when they found that the Mad Aerys scene was included in a trailer. It was a blink and you miss it scene. Same as this one.

Which trailer and what scene exactly?

Can someone elaborate on this for me please?

Margaery might as well be a different character. Surprised HBO haven't added a Renly/Loras/Marg threesome.

See, I don't think it's that far-fetched. Keep in mind, this was a girl that Renly and Loras were planning to slip into the bed of King Robert, so she's already based off of Anne Boleyn to an extent. Her character is somewhat hard to figure out, because the POVs we had didn't really get us that close - and keep in mind, this was a character who was consciously acting in most public occasions (either to charm a bridegroom or to defend herself on trial), who was tangentially involved in the murder of King Joffrey, and who is a good if not stellar player of the game when it comes to turning Tommen against his mother. She's not a Sansa, however much she's good at appearing to be one.

So who knows? Maybe she was in on being Renly's beard, maybe she did get into a threeway; judging from the livejournal threads, there's plenty of fans who might be into that.

I was wondering... the shot of Shae on the balcony; I wonder if that is in the Tower of the Hand? (Does Shae ever visit the tower in the book?)

In the show in season 1 Tyrion tells Shae he's going to take her to court, which didn't make it sound like they were going to do the whole thing with him trying to hide her.

What the hell does Jorah say? 'hubblelugubbuble, I still can't believe you are real'?

Yeah, I couldn't make that out either. Anytime I watched the trailer.

Funny, because like Sebly, I heard it clearly the first time around, and the line stuck with me afterward (it just says so much about Jorah's feelings for Dany). Transcribed:

"You have a gentle heart. There are times when I look at you and I still can't believe you're real."

In the show in season 1 Tyrion tells Shae he's going to take her to court, which didn't make it sound like they were going to do the whole thing with him trying to hide her.

Remember Tyrion's line about having to kill someone over Shae. Their relationship won't be public.

Did you re-read Theon's chapter where he meets Asha before you posted that? You sound so sure of yourself, yet it doesn't seem to be particularly accurate.

Yes. And I quote "Theon turned to giver her an appraising glance. He liked what he saw. Ironborn, he knew at a glance' lean and long-legged, with black hair cut short, wind=chafed skin, strong sure hands, a dirk at her belt. Her nose was too big and too sharp for her thin face, but her smile made up for it." Theon talks about her breasts and how she walks with boldness and how while her breasts were pretty small they felt good in his hands. When he learns of Asha's identity he thinks that he had two images in his head of her. One was how she looked when she was young (pretty ugly by all accounts) and then he imagined she would look like his mother...which she doesn't. In AFFC Tris remarks at how she was beautiful she is and the fact that she grew up to be a beautiful woman. Victorian describes her as tall for a woman and he gets an erection looking at her.

Nah. This strikes me as people getting over-excited about a bare glimpse of somebody.

Sure I may be overreacting but I don't care. Asha is one of my favorite characters and I'm not a fan of the fact that she looks nothing like how she was described in the books. I realize that I'm judging this all on one screen shot but I'm not impressed. To earn the respect of the Ironborn Asha had to be more than the daughter of Balon Greyjoy. She had to harden and she certainly has a "I'm tougher than all you mother fuckers" and she seemed to have earned the respect of many men especially her crew. While it seems in the book that there are plenty of women who defy gender roles none o fthem were quite like Asha in my opinion. The respect she gets from some of the most misogynistic assholes in the whole series is pretty impressive. I just want her to leave a huge impression on the audience and IMO her look does play a role.

I've done a shot by shot break down and page to screen analysis of this trailer for anyone interested:

http://opark77.blogs...e-you-love.html

I would really appreciate the thoughts of others on some of my speculation.

I think Gemma Whelan is attractive. I saw her in an episode of Threesome last week and she was very funny playing a ladette character.

This single shot of her with Theon seemed likely to be from A Clash of Kings chapter 25 Theon II. She poses as a common girl named Esgred and flirts with Theon before revealing that she is his long estranged sister. Given that she is deliberately pretending to be someone else I don't think much stock should be put in her body language in a single short clip. I'll reserve judgement on the casting until I actually get to see her playing the character for a few scenes.

Well, Esgred charmed Theon with Asha's gestures and way of being.

And I agree with Jack's Total Lack of Surprise ( ;) ), Asha is supposed to be hot, really.

But like I said above, on a previous post, we dont even know for sure if Yara Greyjoy is supposed to be Asha.

I just wanna add my voice here to the others who are asking "What Mad Aerys scene?"

I missed it... I don't think I've ever seen a Mad Aerys scene and I'd love to go back and find it! Musta blinked at the wrong moment :-)

TIA!

Archived