A New Trailer and Behind the Scenes

Westeros

yeah..i kinna felt she was pretty bored of delivering them..seemed pretty flat..hope it's just the moment and that as a whole scene the feeling is ok

I wouldn't make too much of the line delivery in these preview trailers. Odds are (judging from the previews we saw before last season) they contain little or no post-production overdubbing of dialogue.

Seriously, don't see the complaints about Stannis... I think that Dillane was an inspired choice and am chomping at the bit to see him in action. Also, I'm a fan of new Jeyne because I find book Jeyne to be lacking personality.

She was timid and unimpressive for a reason.

We don't need more strong, defiant, fierce female characters, we have a ton already in Cersei (in a way), Catelyn, Brienne, Asha, Daenerys...pretty much every female character fits this archetype. Molding Jeyne into that same type of character is just an annoying change on the part of the producers. We get it, we are being shown Robb and Jeyne in the show unlike in the book. But that doesn't mean they needed to toy with Jeyne and her storyline so much.

I don't like it one bit.

As for Stannis, I definitely like him more than Mel so far. While he seems whiny and weak in some instances, he also had some good bits of dialogue from the trailers... "Joffrey, Renly, Robb Stark...they're all thieves" was delivered well and sounded just. like. STANNIS!

However... "The Iron Throne is ... mine! By right!" sounded like a little whining kid.

In fact, one could argue Renly's "No one wants you for their king, brother." sounds more like Stannis than Stannis himself.

The "Cold Winds" Teaser we saw a while back actually had a perfect Stannis vibe to it. His voice sounded threatening, stoic, cold, calculating, and rock solid.

Sorry to over analyze. Just saying what I think so far.

If the Jeyne we keep seeing in these trailers is Jeyne Westerling (though I'm still hoping they haven't released her full name yet for a reason) I'm pretty dissapointed. I liked her in the books because she was more,well....mellow as opposed to the major female characters, it was a nice change.

And why isn't Renly eating the peach? :dunce:

The "Cold Winds" Teaser we saw a while back actually had a perfect Stannis vibe to it. His voice sounded threatening, stoic, cold, calculating, and rock solid.

Agreed. That Stannis was done awesomely, from the moment the Trailer started you just got the whole feeling of the character.

I think Dillane and Cunningham are pitch perfect as the characters they play.

Same here! Stephen Dillane is not how I pictured Stannis physically, but he's a gift! He's a chameleon & a great actor so I'm not even worried about the acting.

Though there are some things that worry me, I think I'll just wait & see the show first ..

She was timid and unimpressive for a reason.

We don't need more strong, defiant, fierce female characters, we have a ton already in Cersei (in a way), Catelyn, Brienne, Asha, Daenerys...pretty much every female character fits this archetype. Molding Jeyne into that same type of character is just an annoying change on the part of the producers. We get it, we are being shown Robb and Jeyne in the show unlike in the book. But that doesn't mean they needed to toy with Jeyne and her storyline so much.

I don't like it one bit.

Agreed on all points. This new Jeyne does not strike me as a welcome change based on what we've seen thus far.

As to the varying quality of Stannis's voice, again this is something that can be fixed in post production. Remember that he was delivering that line outdoors, from horseback, presumably a fair distance from the boom mikes, so the actor may have pitched his voice up there out of necessity.

And why isn't Renly eating the peach? :dunce:

I'll be sorely disappointed if there's no peach. Even with the changes made to Renly's personality for the TV version, they could still find a way to work that in.

Leaked final scene? Wut?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The characters and location involved in the final scene were leaked.

Bran, Rickon, Luwin, Hodor, and Osha. In Winterfell. Strongly suggests that the last scene in this season mirrors the last scene in the book.

Definitely looks like a few things are going to be changed from the books, certainly looks like they're going for a bit more of a sympathetic portrayal of Cersei. I'm witholding judgement on whether this is a good or a bad thing till I see how it works on the show.

Now I just have to try and work out why Littlefinger is being grabbed by what look like a load of Lannister guards ... It doesn't happen in the books, from what I recall, any ideas on what that will be linked into?

Looking great. Still not feeling this Renly (and he has a beard while his brother doesn´t? okay), but seems like Dillane is going to nail it.

Regarding Littlefinger, I guess he´s grabbed by the guards because he gets mad at Tyrion after finding out he was fooled with the letters...? I can´t think of any other scenario. Edit: oh, the bastards and whores slaughter makes sense too.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. The characters and location involved in the final scene were leaked.

Bran, Rickon, Luwin, Hodor, and Osha. In Winterfell. Strongly suggests that the last scene in this season mirrors the last scene in the book.

Thank the lord! Please let Bran say: 'The stone is strong, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. It was not dead, just broken. Like me. I’m not dead either.' Him looking at Winterfell, as he says that, it would be heartbreaking. By the way, what's your source?

It's almost definitely when they come to kill one of his whores and/or Robert's bastards.

I thought this was most likely too. I wonder if it is that he is in trouble for sheltering them in the first place rather than that he was standing up for them (which doesn't seem very Littlefinger).

Thank the lord! Please let Bran say: 'The stone is strong, the roots of the trees go deep, and under the ground the Kings of Winter sit their thrones. It was not dead, just broken. Like me. I’m not dead either.' Him looking at Winterfell, as he says that, it would be heartbreaking. By the way, what's your source?

From this thread... http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/60555-book-spoilers-jojen-and-meera-reid-in-season-2/

And now that I look at the thread I realize it doesn't say anything about Luwin, even though I swear I remember him mentioned.

And I would be happy about it if it weren't for the fact that any chance of Reeds/Reek/Ramsay showing up is nil, where if they moved that storyline into season three there still would have been a chance.

Agreed on all points. This new Jeyne does not strike me as a welcome change based on what we've seen thus far.

I suppose the logic is, if you are going to have more of Jeyne, you might as well make her interesting. Otherwise, what is the point? She was always pretty, even in the books.

Archived