A New Trailer and Behind the Scenes

Westeros

Really? It's one of my favourites. The show has really added to the complexity of Cersei, which was often lacking in the books.

Not looking for a fight or anything, but I am not very happy how they are making Cersei (and now Jeyne) wise and bold while Asha looks like a dimwitted peasant girl so far.

Really? It's one of my favourites. The show has really added to the complexity of Cersei, which was often lacking in the books.

I agree. In the books, Cersei comes off to me as some power hungry narcissist who does anything to achieve her goals, even if its incredibly stupid. She is blinded by her ambition and pride where in the show, Cersei is more calculating and collected. She is far more compelling in the show and much more dangerous, imo. Lena Headey can be quite intimidating if she wants to be and this works for Cersei on the show. She comes off as a woman you don't want to mess with. Then every now and then you see the more human, softer side of her, like when she confesses to Ned how hurt she was in the beginning that Robert never gave her a chance because he was too hung up on Lyanna.

Mel's "sound effect" made me chuckle too. Did anyone notice how much bigger Grey Wind was in the trailer?

I'm not opposed to adding a bit more complexity to Cersei, but that line gives the impression of deep remorse, something I cannot imagine book-Cersei to have. It's simply too far removed from the character, imo.

But I guess it very much depends on how you perceived her when you first read the books. I can see how that line must be appealing to others. :)

Good trailer. At least now I can see some of the shots that went by too quickly in past trailers. Getting sick of the ol' Varys quote though. =/

One thing's for sure: we will be getting the Imp Slap v2. on Youtube.

Not looking for a fight or anything, but I am not very happy how they are making Cersei (and now Jeyne) wise and bold while Asha looks like a dimwitted peasant girl so far.

You've judged that from ONE glimpse of Asha? Because "not stereotypically beautiful" equates to "dimwitted peasant", of course.

I'm not opposed to adding a bit more complexity to Cersei, but that line gives the impression of deep remorse, something I cannot imagine book-Cersei to have. It's simply too far removed from the character, imo.

But I guess it very much depends on how you perceived her when you first read the books. I can see how that line must be appealing to others. :)

As I've said, I'm glad about this. Book Cersei often seemed to lack the depth that Martin gave to Jaime and Tyrion.

I love that they decided to put the map-table into the show. I like the trailer, but, as somebody already said, the line from Varys is somehow repeating.

Hey, he even had his very own Rosexposition scene ;) .

But then, most everybody did :laugh: .

I love that they decided to put the map-table into the show. I like the trailer, but, as somebody already said, the line from Varys is somehow repeating.

But then, most everybody did :laugh: .

Lol. True, very true. Even Maester Pycelle :ack: .

Character Profile: Robb Stark was just released and it features a glimpse at Roose Bolton.

What minute is Roose Bolton at, please? I never catch anything on my own.

And not a big fan of movie Jeyne so far. Looks like she's gone from demure to schooling Robb.

What minute is Roose Bolton at, please? I never catch anything on my own.

And not a big fan of movie Jeyne so far. Looks like she's gone from demure to schooling Robb.

I'm sorry for the backwardness, he is at 0:48

So you figure it is Roose who talks about for everyone of ours 5 Lannisters are slain?

Yes, puse at 0:48 and thenlook at this Michael MacElhatton picture.

http://www.imdb.com/...67360/nm0568385

It doesnt seem to be Jeyne Westerling but a small folk Jeyne, which would render the humilation to the Frey even bigger !

We also have our first look at Cleon Lannister there.

You've judged that from ONE glimpse of Asha? Because "not stereotypically beautiful" equates to "dimwitted peasant", of course.

Yes, all I care about is Asha's beauty :P The books say to us that she is fierce, daring and physical. The girl in the trailer looks like she is more used to sitting around in her dress. I agree that it is a lot to say only after one glimpse, but I was rather commenting on the tendency that women were changed up a lot one way or another. And if they are queens, they are beautiful and fierce, if they are not then they are common throughout :dunno:

Why don't people like the 'Price for our sins' line, I don't get it.

The self-examination, regret, etc. implied by the line doesn't jive with the books' characterization of Cersei.

Put me in the camp of those who are fine with this change. GoT Cersei seems to be a more interesting character than book Cersei, who sometimes borders on cartoon villain.

Davos at shadowbirthing, Littlefinger seized by Lannister men, Tyrion punching Joffrey, Daenerys confiding in Jorah, poor maester (septon?) of Dragonstone, Theon burning the letter, "We are a free and independent kingdom", Tyrion with a pyromancer, Brienne fighting...

Margaery and Renly stuff are getting old though.

And we get to see Stannis and Lightbringer and a sense of Stannis' stance towards everyone, not just his brother.

I liked the "free and independent kingdom" bit; makes me think that D&D are borrowing from historical sources, since that phrase was part of Scottish nationalist texts/speeches since at least the 18th century.

It doesnt seem to be Jeyne Westerling but a small folk Jeyne, which would render the humilation to the Frey even bigger !

Regarding Jeyne, I think they have to make changes to her character for several reasons. Firstly, unlike in the book when we could rely on Catelyn to explain the meaning of Robb and Jeyne's relationship, here we have to see it happening in order for the relationship to bear the dramatic weight it has to. Secondly, this means that Jeyne's character has to be unpacked; in the book, she's more of a cipher because we don't get her POV or really get to see her that much. In other words, she can't just be a sweet yet rather stupid girl because people will react to her negatively from the off so they won't react right when the payoff comes; we have to have a Jeyne who shows us through her dialogue, acting, and actions why Robb would find her so alluring.

Personally, I think it's a good change.

In regards to who she is, I think the prevailing theory

that she's actually a Lannister cousin in disguise makes sense dramatically. It has the same effect as the Westerling heritage without having to sit down the audience and explain lineage charts.

Character Profile: Robb Stark was just released and it features a glimpse at Roose Bolton.

Does that leave Jaqen H'ghar the only 'major' new character we have not seen in an HBO preview?

We have that still of him, but I don't know who that was credited to.

George's H'ghar is a marvelous creation, if Wlaschiha does a good job, then gone almost for good, and he does net even get killed!

Archived