A New Trailer and Behind the Scenes

Westeros

Last night HBO premiered a brand new trailer on its channel, but they’ve very kindly made it available on HBO.com. Titled “Price For Our Sins”—not our favorite line revealed from trailers thus far, we must say—it largely features images we’ve seen before, but there’s a handful of new shots to get excited about.

Season 2 Trailer: Price For Our Sins

Besides that, we’ve forgotten to note that the Making Game of Thrones website has a great little feature on the weapons of the show, featuring the weaponmaster Tommy Dunne. Some really amazing swords and their accoutrements this season, beautifully crafted. Lightbringer and Hearteater are especially impressive!

Making Game of Thrones: Weapons

Visit the Site!

Last night HBO premiered a brand new trailer on its channel, but they’ve very kindly made it available on HBO.com. Titled “Price For Our Sins”—not our favorite line revealed from trailers thus far, we must say—it largely features images we’ve seen before, but there’s a handful of new shots to get excited about.

Season 2 Trailer: Price For Our Sins

Besides that, we’ve forgotten to note that the Making Game of Thrones website has a great little feature on the weapons of the show, featuring the weaponmaster Tommy Dunne. Some really amazing swords and their accoutrements this season, beautifully crafted. Lightbringer and Heartsbane are especially impressive!

Making Game of Thrones: Weapons

Visit the Site!

Where is Heartsbane?

Nothing really remarkable in the new trailer, except the table of Dragonstone, Osha stripping (proving that she'll buy herself this way towards Theon), a mysterious scene of drowning, Gendry fighting (abandoned tower)... and that is all.

Oh, and all the scenes with Joffrey and Sansa do seem amazingly terrible !

The shot of Theon burning the letter is quite excellent too !

it was Balon that threw it in the brazen though... and then Theon reacted "are you fool ?" and Balon snaped ! "I am the Greyjoy!" i will take my crown like urron redhand blah blha

what a great scene to lose :(

Yeah, Balon already had so little to do, seems we'll have even less of him.

But I think they choose Theon to burn the letter to shjoy.ow more of what he really tries to become.

I'm really worried about Theon's arc, I sop hope they'll manage to show why he does all this: to prove himself a real Iron-Born in the eyes of his father, torn between two worlds: Stark and Greyjoy. And not just a simple villain.

and that is all.

Davos at shadowbirthing, Littlefinger seized by Lannister men, Tyrion punching Joffrey, Daenerys confiding in Jorah, poor maester (septon?) of Dragonstone, Theon burning the letter, "We are a free and independent kingdom", Tyrion with a pyromancer, Brienne fighting...

Margaery and Renly stuff are getting old though.

Yeah, Balon already had so little to do, seems we'll have even less of him.

But I think they choose Theon to burn the letter to shjoy.ow more of what he really tries to become.

I'm really worried about Theon's arc, I sop hope they'll manage to show why he does all this: to prove himself a real Iron-Born in the eyes of his father, torn between two worlds: Stark and Greyjoy. And not just a simple villain.

I think the show will do Theon justice. He was more or less in the background in the first book, but the show put a little more spotlight on him in season 1. Hey, he even had his very own Rosexposition scene ;) . Somebody in a different thread (I can't remember who or where) mentioned how they were glad that Theon didn't kick the head of the NW brother that Ned executed in the first episode like he did in the book because it showed Theon as a total asshole, I think it was smart of the show not to do this so viewers aren't immediately put off by Theon. They probably left that out so its easier to show Theon as a little more sympathetic and that he is not a total villain. You can't get in his head in the show like you can in the books, so they will find ways to display both the good and bad parts of who he is.

I do believe that is Maester Cressen talking about Mel and Stannis. I am psyched for the prolouge part because Maester Cressen was a very memorable character. I am also looking forward to see a more badass Dany.

I actually laughed and said "pfffft" upon hearing Melisandre's "sound effects" in this trailer. Seems so fake :D But we'll see...

I thought she was great, personally. I'm warming up to CvH the more I see her scenes with Mel.

I agree with Ran about the Price For Our Sins line, so 'meh'.

I thought she was great, personally. I'm warming up to CvH the more I see her scenes with Mel.

I agree with Ran about the Price For Our Sins line, so 'meh'.

Really? It's one of my favourites. The show has really added to the complexity of Cersei, which was often lacking in the books.

Archived