Upcoming Cover Art IV

RedEyedGhost

Most people seem to think that Desert Spear was better than Painted Man. At least that is the impression I got reading online comments/reviews.

Personally, both books had their own strengths and weaknesses, things one book did better than the other and vice versa. For me, it evened out til neither one was better than the other.

Personally, both books had their own strengths and weaknesses, things one book did better than the other and vice versa. For me, it evened out til neither one was better than the other.

That's a fair point. I liked them both a great deal. In fact, I was quite nervous about The Desert Spear not living up to the high expectations The Painted Man set for me so perhaps that contributed to my enjoyment of book 2.

That's a fair point. I liked them both a great deal. In fact, I was quite nervous about The Desert Spear not living up to the high expectations The Painted Man set for me so perhaps that contributed to my enjoyment of book 2.

Really? The Painted Man was pretty good, but it was still only a better-than-averagely-executed-standard-fantasy-novel. It didn't feel like it was really attempting anything interesting like, say, Gardens of the Moon and Darkness That Came Before did.

Yeah, really. What I liked about it was how it embraced some of the fantasy standards. Sometimes you want a really tasty cheeseburger with just the cheese, bun, and burger, and when you get that, you (or at least I) am very happy.

Archived