Upcoming Cover Art IV

RedEyedGhost

Horrible cover

I love how the first line there under the cover is how pleased he is they haven't oversexualized her, the clad only in transparent scarves and strategically positioned glowy magic spheres, orientalist naked chick.

BUT! That doesn't really bother me all that much. What bothers me is that it's hideous and I cant figure out how various bits of her body are attached to eachother. It reminds me of this cover, and surely you never want anything to remind you of that cover, becuase when that happens you're probably in the middle of a really bad, mass casualty, multiple vehicle pileup.

The Daylight War cover is one that has been made a big deal of the last months, what with competitions and everything.

This is one extremely disappointing final conclusion. The dominant red colour coupled to a sensual looking woman on the cover very much makes it seem like a book for women.

Annoying really. This is actually the sort of book that I would be embarrassed to be seen reading on the subway. I guess the UK edition will have the same cover, so it's unavoidable that I have to get a book with this cover.

LoL, thought I would reply to Peter Brett on his site, where he is gushing about what a fantastic cover he got for his new book, and OMGGGGG it's the greatest cover in the series yet. So I replied with a somewhat less elated response, and it has been refused. The blog post now only shows 7 people responding, all of whom love the cover. Guess I know now why it looks unbalanced, as the cover has caused highly divided opinions elsewhere.

Yamada Monogatari: Demon Hunter by Richard Parks (Prime Books) -

http://www.prime-boo.../Yamada-450.jpg

Well, I suppose we may be grateful there don't appear to be any cherry blossoms...Not bad, per say, just bland and predictable. Look, Japanese (based? inspired? influenced?) book is Japanese!

LoL, thought I would reply to Peter Brett on his site, where he is gushing about what a fantastic cover he got for his new book, and OMGGGGG it's the greatest cover in the series yet. So I replied with a somewhat less elated response, and it has been refused. The blog post now only shows 7 people responding, all of whom love the cover. Guess I know now why it looks unbalanced, as the cover has caused highly divided opinions elsewhere.

Interesting. If The Daylight War is even half as rape-happy as The Desert Spear, that'll make the presence of such a cover even more awkward. Should be interesting.

Interesting. If The Daylight War is even half as rape-happy as The Desert Spear, that'll make the presence of such a cover even more awkward. Should be interesting.

I have to admit I'm surprised people are bothering with this after Desert Spear. The characterization was so haphazard it that, not to mention the demons getting hokey.

I have to admit I'm surprised people are bothering with this after Desert Spear. The characterization was so haphazard it that, not to mention the demons getting hokey.

The Painted Man was pretty decent and very well-paced. The Desert Spear was not so much (when your first book contains roughly 5 times as much plot and character development as your second despite being shorter, something's gone seriously wrong somewhere), though with occasional flashes of competence. I guess people are hoping for a return to form of the first novel.

Archived