[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Larry's reviews at OtakuAssemble.

Arkash

Here's what he recently posted to his YouTube channel:

"UPDATE: Due to technical issues (my DVR was unplugged), I'll only be able to review THIS week's episodes of ThunderCats & Legend of Korra, which will be up later tonight. As for GOT, I'll review both episodes 6 & 7 in tomorrow's review." -- May 12, 2012

"Guess who's back, "Larry Williams," back again, Larry's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back, na na na. (Eminem head bobbing)!!!!!!" -- May 12, 2012

His friend trolled him so bad with regards to Bran and Rickon lol!

I don't know if Larry's friend was intentionally trolling him, or if that friend was trying not to spoil anything, but ended up giving Larry the completely wrong idea, or maybe that friend had absolutely no idea what they were talikng about at all.

Oh, well. All the better when Larry finds out that Bran, Rickon (and their direwolves) are alive and well. Hopefully the reveal of them still being alive is kept either the same or similar to the book. Wonder what he's gonna do when he finds out that his friend basically lied to him?

Yeah, I was amused by the confusion between Rattleshirt and Mance !

And yeah, that whole 5 minutes about Bran and Rickon dead was... well, glad he did state in his review (he add a little banner on it) that he's aware he's been lied to !

I don't think he has Rattleshirt confused with Mance. Based on the show so far, it seems logical that the wildlings would take Jon straight to Mance Rayder. Rattleshirt hasn't even been mentioned yet.

However I will say it's odd that he thinks he got a "brief glimpse" of Mance Rayder in the first episode. I think he reckons the white walker is Mance!

It's a pretty damning commentary on the writers when a non-reader (Otaku) can pick out and recognize an added character (Ros), notice immediately that said character's scenes add very little if anything to the story, and sense that the story arc is coming to an end. They wasted a lot of time on Ros throughout the series, and if her story ends like it's promising to end...what was the point? They could have used HALF of her total screen time to introduce and develop a sympathetic 'Shae imposter'.

Pacing has been quite poor and inconsistent through out this season.

However I didn't understand his comments about plot not advancing. By his definition it seems nothing apart from, like, birth of dragons is enough. :/

His reviews have been a little disappointment this season. The latest was worst.

For all of his complaints about the season so far, Larry's reviews have been the biggest disappointment. I really enjoyed them last year but this year they are shorter and just not nearly as interesting. He will go entire episodes without addressing certain plotlines and he has wasted the equivalent of about a full review complaining about pacing and Sansa.

While, yes, he's pretty spot on about pacing, I think Larry exposed himself as a fraud with this review and shouldn't be taken seriously anymore. Not that he ever should have to begin with because, until last night, he's never actually REVIEWED/CRITIQUED anything, only recapped. And now we know why: cuz he's a bit of a clown.

1) What he said about Ros was purely bandwagon jumping/parroting other people's opinions. Say what you will about her, that's fine, but last night's scene was NOT about ROS, it was about Tyrion and Cersei's relationship, but because Ros was in it, this idiot wants to say the scene was unnecessary? That's just reactionary B.S.

2) I'm not feeling the Talisa/Robb stuff, but this guy... asks what it has to do with the plot? If I'm not mistaken HE HASN'T READ THE BOOKS AND DOESN'T KNOW THE PLOT, SO WHAT AUTHORITY DOES HE HAVE TO ASK THIS QUESTION?

3) Catelyn releasing Jamie. At first I was upset that that they changed her motivation, but in hindsight it makes sense: someone was going to kill Jamie if she didn't release him and that puts her daughters lives in jeopardy... And Larry wants to call her stupid and let it ruin the entire episode for him? Give me a break. I think his hatred for this is motivated by the fact that Sansa won't die now.

Archived