[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Larry's reviews at OtakuAssemble.

Arkash

I just hope he's still around for the RW given his response to Ned's demise.

I think he was spolied but am not sure. It could still come as surprise.

Being a victim is a bad thing because bad things happen to them, not because they're bad people.

Of course, i never said that victims are bad people; they are not. That goes without saying, hopefully. But I think some people are missing Larry's point about 'not glorifying victims'. It just means that there is nothing glorious about being a victim either. It does not make you bad, it does not make you glorious, it just makes you a victim. It definitely makes whoever is victimising you bad, of course, and it is wrong, of course, and you are morally right when you don't want to be victim.

ETA:spoiler tags

ETA:

Some people were put off by Larry's claim of 'not glorifying a victim'. But that claim does not in any way disrespects victims. Concept of 'not glorifying victims' has it roots in concept of 'glorifying victims' - which is bad for various reasons, explained in this article.

I think Larry already knows about the red wedding, its why he closed comments on his videos. People spoiled that part of the books to him. But he said he doesnt know "why" it happens, and currently thinks Theon has something to do with it, heh.

I think Larry already knows about the red wedding, its why he closed comments on his videos. People spoiled that part of the books to him. But he said he doesnt know "why" it happens, and currently thinks Theon has something to do with it, heh.

It'll probably turn out for the best for him tbh. If he'd gone into the RW unspoilered I reckon he would have given up on the series. Now he's had a bit of time to prepare it'll still be a shock but not as harsh.

I like his reviews especially when he predicts things and me knowing that he's way off (a la his season 2 predictions). I do sympathize with him with regards to people constantly spoiling things to him and judging him on his opinions of characters because he doesn't know how the story ends up.

I hope not. His GoT reviews get 20 times more views than anything else he does, so I imagine he'd be reluctant to stop, even when faced with relentless Sansa fans.

Anyway, looking forward to this weeks. Hopefully it's up soon.

I've sort of taken it for granted that his reviews are up quickly. It's somewhat of a routine for me; watch a late repeat of the show after the kid is asleep then go see what Larry thought of it. Last night felt strangely incomplete :lol:

Hope he wasn't hit by a bus or something.

No he doesn't, but it's fun to hear the thoughts and predictions of an ignorant person. I already know mostly everything about the show, and the stuff I don't know, I read on the forums. I have no interest in those kind of reviews.

He's also good for gauging how well HBO is doing at keeping the show coherent for non-readers.

I really don't understand why people like his reviews. He doesn't really understand the characters or the story very well. i assume people like his personality more than his understanding of the tv show.

Most people who just watches the show don't even know the characters name yet. I swear, I guy I work with calls Ned ''Richard'' 9 times out of 10. He calls Dany the ''princess''. When I tell him he doesn't have the right names he gives me confused looks. It makes me grind my teeth...

One of my friends thought Dany's name was "Khaleesi". ^^

Anyway, I like his reviews, already said it, just hope he will calm down with Sansa... but if people continue to bitch about his Sansa opinion, he will never change his mind when she'll become interesting...

Anyway, hope his review for TOGATN is coming soon !

I like to think after TOGatN he's totally come around on Sansa and feels so repentant that he can't face the camera, lol. I hope he hasn't given up though and posts a review soon. Love his reviews, especially the Sansa hate, it's the exact feelings you get from reading the books and it's remarkable that HBO can bring those same emotions home.

I'm pretty sure he's still a student, and I know this is prime exam time for a lot of schools. It looks like he hasn't posted any videos in a week, which is unusual for him. I'm guessing he's bogged down with finals and we'll hopefully be hearing from him soon. Hope he's ok.

Archived