[BOOK AND TV SPOILERS] Larry's reviews at OtakuAssemble.

Arkash

I've been watching him since the beginning, and throughout the first season, he had tons of passion about the series. After Ned died, though, he lost a little bit of that excitement that he would usually bring to his recaps. Season 2, he stayed passionate, but now, I think he's losing interest. Or at least I thought that until he did his review of "And Now his Watch Is Ended." He seemed to really like that episode, and I could see some of the old Larry shining through.

I hope he gets back into the show, like he used to be.

I always get frustrated by his Game of Thrones reviews in one way or another so I try to stay away from them. But I watch his other reviews of shows like Vikings, Boardwalk Empire etc, they're still pretty entertaining and interesting. It's just his Game of Thrones reviews that I can't stand.

I don't often watch his reviews, but when I do I like them well enough. He says some funny things from time to time.

On Sansa...It's easy to understand where he's coming from. After AGOT and ACOK were there many people who really liked Sansa? She comes across as a spoiled brat. She has worn on me over time, and while I like her now I was also frustrated by her seeming lack of action or defiance. In the show she's 15, so I imagine the scared little bird act is wearing even thinner for Larry.

Are people actually writing hate mail? That's pathetic.

Oh I also have to add Comicbookgirl19 as part of my repertoire. She's awesome.

I hate the bloody MTV style editing job on those videos ... wtf is it with the picture flickering off and on after every other sentence? I can't stand to watch the videos, I find them terribly annoying just for that reason.

I hate the bloody MTV style editing job on those videos ... wtf is it with the picture flickering off and on after every other sentence? I can't stand to watch the videos, I find them terribly annoying just for that reason.

I don't actually watch his reviews, I just listen to them. I treat them more like a podcast, and have it running in the background while I do work. I find it much less annoying to listen to than to watch.

I don't often watch his reviews, but when I do I like them well enough. He says some funny things from time to time.

On Sansa...It's easy to understand where he's coming from. After AGOT and ACOK were there many people who really liked Sansa? She comes across as a spoiled brat. She has worn on me over time, and while I like her now I was also frustrated by her seeming lack of action or defiance. In the show she's 15, so I imagine the scared little bird act is wearing even thinner for Larry.

Are people actually writing hate mail? That's pathetic.

I enjoy Larry's reviews. Can't understand why anyone would send hate mail to a reviewer of TV shows; unless the reviewer is insulting people left and right (which Larry is not).

As for TV-Sansa; when she did defy the Lannisters (when Joffrey took her to see her father's severed head), she was beaten. I can see why she'd keep her mouth shut after that; especially with guards around her . And having her fiance threaten her with a crossbow would make most girls scared, especially since Sansa couldn't exactly get up and take a train back to Winterfell (not to mention being attacked and nearly raped when she was alone in King's Landing during the riot). Sansa was pretty much stuck in deep water alone without a life jacket, and treading water as best she could.

TV-Sansa was written to be more obnoxious than book-Sansa; book-Sansa would not have dreamed of being so rude to her Septa; book Sansa was and is, above all, courteous, to a fault sometimes.

I can't believe how oblivious Larry is of the Boltons plot. He doesn't even metion Roose and only talks 2 minutes of Theon being tortured but he doesn't care who the "boy" is.

Let's just hope that the average viewer is slightly more interested than him. Because if they aren't, the RW will be a completely WTF and not in the good way.

No offense, I didn't even get it while I was reading the book.

Maybe, because I barely knew who Roose was.

Personally, I feel the RW should be a WTF!

If it's too predictable then it'll suck. And a lot of people are predicting it. Mostly because it hasn't even effin' mentioned that guest right is sacred.

I really recommend checking out the GOT reviews of whattheflick. It is probably among the most entertaining recaps the show has anywhere on the net. Each episode is reviewed by 3-4 people, most of them have not read the books, one of the guys on the panel is a book reader though. Its just awesome seeing the passion they have for the show and hilarious seeing the facial expressions of the book guy to some of their guesses. I used to like Larrys reviews but I find his reviews to be way to bland and boring, lacking the passion he used to have.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whattheflickshow/videos?view=0

I really recommend checking out the GOT reviews of whattheflick. It is probably among the most entertaining recaps the show has anywhere on the net. Each episode is reviewed by 3-4 people, most of them have not read the books, one of the guys on the panel is a book reader though. Its just awesome seeing the passion they have for the show and hilarious seeing the facial expressions of the book guy to some of their guesses. I used to like Larrys reviews but I find his reviews to be way to bland and boring, lacking the passion he used to have.

http://www.youtube.c...w/videos?view=0

Interesting. These guys actually called Jon uniting the Nightswatch and the Wildlings.

Just started watching whattheflick about 4 weeks ago. I personally enjoy them more when the lady panellist (sorry I'm drawing a blank on the name) isn't on and it's just the guys. Nothing against her. I just feel it takes away from the flow of the discussion when she has a "I don't get it" moment. Then somehow still doesn't display understanding once she has gotten a few explanations. Something I feel sometimes should be handled off camera before hand. Otherwise I enjoy the heck out of it.

Anyway I have a list of other reviewers I watch as well as Larry. All spoiler free.

Friend of Larry's and Book reader

- The audio can be a bit quiet. But she has great thoughts. She does reflect on the books. But doesn't get spoilery.

Watch With Poppy - I have only just stumbled across her. She has not read the books. And displays a great understanding of the show material. Is positive and energetic. I wish I had of found her sooner.

- Among other reviews they have done GoT reviews from season 1. One book reader one show only watcher.

- I have recently unsubbed because of the huge amount of content they put out daily. When all I'm really interested in is the GoT reviews and sometimes the Movies and game reviews. Again one book reader one show watcher. One of the reviewers did the GoT Think Hero reviews for previous seasons. So now she can be found here.

- Has a podcast like discussion. in that you don't see them but they do draw themselves and parts of the show. Nothing fancy. But can be amusing.

Oh, yeah I ran across the whattheflick reviews this past weekend and went back and watched the past 3 reviews. They really do a great job. Probably my favorite this season. It was pretty funny listening to that guy on the right getting all excited about Robb taking Casterly Rock. The book reader does a good job of not spoiling anything and just provides the others with some guidance when they are confused about something.

Archived