[Book Spoilers] Pre-airing Discussion

Ran

There will likely only be one Kettleblack on the show and he won't be introduced until season 3.

Osmund + Osfryd + Osney = Osfrundy Kettleblack!

I changed my mind on this a lot of times, but I'm sure a certain armoured dude, with the flayed man on his chest, will kill Rodrik and his men. Theon sees this and lets him inside Winterfell. The flayed man will take over Winterfell and burn it down. Screen fades to black, and everyone thinks the season is over. But then, instead of the credits, a door opens and Bran and Rickon show up again!

Taking the last trailer into consideration I think Roose->Winterfell is very likely.

Cat/Robb/Roose have a conversation which somehow results in Robb saying to Roose, "I'll take his head myself."

This is obviously a response to Roose suggesting someone other than Robb deal with the Ironmen in Winterfell, VERY likely himself.

Or it could be

Roose: I'm sending my bastard son to drive the ironborn pigdogs out and put Theon's head on a spike.

Robb: I'll take his head myself.

The logistics of Roose going north don't work and both Roose and Ramsay play major roles in the North starting next seasonish.

First post so it might seem a bit crackpot but:

The old gods and the new:

This leads me to believe a decent portion of the episode could be dedicated to Robb and Cat. While Cat has the 7, Robb still worships the old gods as his father did, and means to prove it. I think Bolton's raven brought news from Winterfell, news that troops had been sent to secure the north but nothing else.

The Vault:

In film when a Vault is introduced, and then proclaimed unbreakable it means only one thing, a heist. The Dothraki were shown and claimed to be best at two things, stealing and killing. In the preview we see bodies, presumably collateral damage from a theft of some sort. The Vault was claimed to be Valyrian Stone, whatever the hell that is, but if it's Valyrian, and its stone, maybe the dothraki find it susceptible to dragon fire.

Myrcella and the riot:

How they will fit Tyrion/Cersei/ Tyrion/Joff Joff/Sansa Sansa/The Hound in is difficult. But it's as good a cast as you could ask to work with.

I'll Have His Head:

Since the series started it's taken a max of 2 weeks to travel anywhere. Last time we saw Alton Lannister he was leaving Kings Landing. This episode he should arrive to Robb's camp, and perhaps be murdered by a Karstark. Robb doesn't permit this, episode ends just like ep 9 of season one, only this time the king of the north is striking the sword.

sorry to be too canon but Moat Calin was already taken by the ironborn under Victarion + Asha/Yara in the tv show at this time and no northsmen could go back unless by sea or by bypassing Moat with help from the reeds

Robb before the red wedding was elaborating a plan to attack Moat Calin from 3 directions so he could go back north by foot wich is one of the main reasons he agreed with the red wedding and forced his uncle to take a Frey wife and passing the twins again

Regarding Roose:

I agree with thise who say that the show is merging Roose and Ramsay in a single character. And while we lose "something" (it always happen, in an adaptation), it's doable and still works.

The logistics of Roose going north don't work and both Roose and Ramsay play major roles in the North starting next seasonish.

Why? Last season Catelyn went from Winterfell to King's Landing and then to the Eyre in three episodes. Why can't Roose reach Winterfell by episode 10 if Robb sends him ther in episode 6?

So Roose won’t be at the Red Wedding, then. Hm.

Why not? After he sacks Winterfell (and says he arrived to late to save the castle but took revenge on the ironborn), he can return to the South to continue fighting. In fact, you could have him unseen all season 3 and just show him as a guest in the wedding, having just come from the North.

Sending Roose north seriously screws up Arya's plotline, doesn't it? And it'll also seriously screw up Jaime's plotline next season.

Arya is made Roose's cupbearer in ACOK, but in the show she has been made Tywin's cupbearer. That's significant enough, I think. Without the Brave Companions, I don't know how the weasel soup plot would work anyway. So either they have something else in mind for the third wish and Harrehal will remain in Lannister hands, or some other Northern lord wil take care of it, or I even could see the "Brotherhood" taking the castle.

Regarding Jaime, they'll have to invent many new scenes for him anyway (given that S3 starts with him in freedom, and must end before he arribes at KL). I don't think it's difficult to invent ways to have him captured by whoever rules Harrenhal at this moment, have him lose his hand, and leave him free. The books and the show will diverge more and more with each seaon. It is known.

Regarding Thorne:

Lord Commander said to Jon last season that Ser Allistair was going to KL .

Owen Teale was cast in Sky 1's comedy Stella as a regular, appearing in all episodes airing from January to March 2012. That might have caused a schedule conflict, and I can see how Teale would not refuse a main cast role for appearing in what would be just a single one minute scene where he is mocked by the council.

His friends just call him Ozzie.

Ozzie Kettleblack ! I want this character! =D

Moat Cailin was mentionned just once, and from Balon plans, he didnt involve it at all...

My guess is that the road to North is still open yet, but next season, we will see Victarion take Moat Cailin.

They also could bring the red wedding in episode 10, so Bolton can kill Robb and let him sack Winterfell afterwards

That is definitely a no-go. It would totally ruin any character-development and basically all the plots.

That is definitely a no-go. It would totally ruin any character-development and basically all the plots.

Why? They move fast forward with Robb and Jeyne and If Cat realised Jaime in episode 7, it could be possible

They also could bring the red wedding in episode 10, so Bolton can kill Robb and let him sack Winterfell afterwards

That is surely not going to happen. It would be an absolute travesty if it did. There has been no character development of Jeyne, I mean, she hasn't even been introduced properly yet. Sorry but that isn't going to happen.

Leaving out Reek will change Theon's storyline quite a bit though, saw someone else mention it but he becomes the character you love to hate after the purple wedding. I could see them turning Roose into Ramsey but another deviation from the books :dunce:

Well.

What if Roose dispenses his bastard to take back Winterfell, who promptly gets captured by the Lannisters/taken to Harrenhal on the way... and is released by Arya and her Weasel Soup, in the place of Robett Glover? Wouldn't that just be deliciously ironic, if Ramsay Snow is the northern leader freed, an episode or two before he shows up to trash Winterfell?

I know I'm grasping, but merging Roose and Ramsay into one character just seems so bad to me. :(

Moat Cailin was mentionned just once, and from Balon plans, he didnt involve it at all...

My guess is that the road to North is still open yet, but next season, we will see Victarion take Moat Cailin.

that means Balon is a poor strategist as it will be like attacking the north with no chance of holding it

his main objective is moat cailin as it is the gate to the neck and the north

i understand that TV viewers don't care a bit about the strategy and geography but i think that it would ruin this for us

i would like that the Bran/Theon / Ramsay line will end with the "death" of the stark boys and leave the rest for next season including Ramsay than no Ramsay at all

Ramsay is pure evil not just a psychotic bratt like Jeoffrey

Archived