Robert Strong

firstly i think gregor has someone else's head or no head at all.

secondly i think that sarella/alleras will play a part of robert strong's undoing! she has the freedom, the knowledge (she is at the citadel) and possibly the will, oberyn was her father after all. which could be the person in the golden armour like the sun! she disables the undead thing allowing sandor to seemingly destroy the body. crackpot i know.

Really nothing is crackpot in this story, my one question tho is why Sarella and not one of the sandsnakes Doran has sent to Kingslanding?

why sarella? well she has been at the citadel training under the mastiff, i would like to think she has learnt enough to be able to thwart what qyburn is doing.

Hmmm, i suppose, maybe I am bias in my own opinions. But I see Sarella being exposed by sam with Jaqen, and that line of story not going back to kingslanding.

I think Loras is a strong suspect for the golden figure. I imagine the Tyrells have just about had enough out of Cersei at this point, and they're likely to miscalculate and assume Loras can beat just about anyone, not quite realizing what's in that armor defending Cersei.

Cersei's champion is from the KG. Loras is gravely wounded from 3rd degree burns. He couldn't fight even if he wanted to do to his condition. The KG won't fight a KG member in a trial by combat. The champion would be from the faith. Robert Strong is going to win in the end because Cersei is going to die by her volanqar... a la Jaime.

Cersei's champion is from the KG. Loras is gravely wounded from 3rd degree burns. He couldn't fight even if he wanted to do to his condition. The KG won't fight a KG member in a trial by combat. The champion would be from the faith. Robert Strong is going to win in the end because Cersei is going to die by her volanqar... a la Jaime.

The reports of Loras injuries may be gravely exagerated Ms Moneypenny.

Here is the the quote from the book, of Brans vision:

He saw Sansa crying herself to sleep at night, and he saw Arya watching in silence and holding her secrets hard in her heart. There were shadows all around them. One shadow was as dark as ash, with the terrible face of a hound. Another was armored like the sun, golden and beautiful. Over them both loomed a giant in armor made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.

Maybe I am being way too litteral here, but I connect the vision to Sansa and Arya because in the vision, the shadows are being described as being all around them. We know for a fact that the Hound have a connection to both Sansa and Arya, so I therefor presume that the two other shadows probably have a connection to the girls all well.

Being very litteral again, Jaime Lannister are being described as beautiful at countless occations, with the golden hair and armor. The sun could also be another way to the describe his golden and fair complexions. The gold is also a color that is connected to the Lannisters.

Jaime is also the one that I see have a connection with the girls, not Oberyn Martell.

I have presumed that the shadows in the vision have a connection to Sansa and Arya, or else why the reason for seeing the other shadow all around them?

It is understandable that it would be Oberyn Martell, if the the two other shadows would not have any connection to Sansa and Arya, because of their final battle. But I don`t get it why they are seen in a vision as shadows that are all around the Stark girls.

I am being litteral again when I think that the Mountain looms over everybody else as both inclined to his massive size and perhaps as being a threat. He is a big and mean killing machine, well known for his hatred and cruelties.

Have you ever considered that maybe the giant wearing armor made of stone is the Titan of Braavos? He (or Braavos, which he may symbolize) seems to be figuring heavily in Arya's story, at least.

Since buckets of boiling oil poured over someone who is wearing armor that would create a container for the liquid to stick to the body would never gravely injure anyone....

I am not saying that people who have that happen wouldnt be gravely injured....mearly that that fact hasn't been backed up by any physical evidence...only hearsay.

I am not saying that people who have that happen wouldnt be gravely injured....mearly that that fact hasn't been backed up by any physical evidence...only hearsay.

Yes, heresay of his own sister and Loras's men. He is gravely injured. Even the ASOIAF app says so.

Apart from that, Margaery's reaction is irrelevant as proof regarding if he's gravely injured or not. All we have to go on is the unconfirmed word of one messenger who might be playing along with a ruse, believing (rightly) that The Lion Queen may be shorn.

My thoughts exactly....but i still think Margery proves herself in court...not in the combat circle

• 3 months later...

I always wondered about the name, Robert Strong, why Robert strong? Is there a hint here as to the identity of the head or was Robert really the coolest name Qyburn could come up with for his undead killing machine? Lets pretend for a minute there is a hint, leaving aside the fact that the following heads would look quite small on Gregor's body, as would any head really. Here's the two obvious choices. Robert Baratheon or Robb Stark.

Lets start with Rob B. His head is sure to be lying somewhere in Qyburn's reach. I can't remember if he's in the crypts under the keep of if Cersei had him mounted over the fireplace, but how ironic if her champion turned out to be her late-beloved Robert.

Then of course, Robb Stark had his head removed and Greywind's sown in place according to some reports of the red wedding. Was Robb's head returned to King's Landing to be fitted for a spike? If so Qyburn could have gotten his hands on it easily enough. I can only vaguely remember Qyburn's boast about Robert Strong being 'undefeated' or something like that, but if that is what he said then Robb Stark did die undefeated in battle.

Of course, Greywind's head could have an outside chance here too and I wonder which of the two Arya would rather face if she had to go through Robert Strong to get to Cersei someday? In this regard Lord Eddard would make another interesting choice, but that would mean the bones Cat recieved in Riverrun were not Ned's, not to mention how long Ned's been dead and how long his head spent on a spike. That would not be a good look, even for a frankenstein's monster type of guy like Rob Strong.

I think we would be very foolish to disregard the name Robert strong as a clue to the indentities of the parts donors. I did initially assume

the head would be Robert Baratheons but now i feel that it would of been a step too far for anyone to take the head off their dead king especially as it was Roberts wish that his body be sent back to stormsend were im assuming his kin and subjects would of inspected his corpse before burial, so by default im

left with the opinion it must be Robb starks head on Gregor Cleaganes body. This would open alot of possibilities and questions could bran or Robb himself take control over this undead warrior and use him to kill someone ie Tommen or cersei in an act of revenge.

I have always believed Robert Strong is, in fact, what's left of Gregor Clegane (made that way by Qyburn). I also believe that he still has his head and that the skull sent to Dorne was faked (i.e. someone else's skull). I've also always believed that the warriors described in Bran's vision are the Hound (I make a distinction between the Hound and Sandor), Oberyn Martell, and Robert Strong. The reason for this is that the "giant armored in stone" is said to "loom over" them both. Both the Hound and Oberyn absolutely lived for revenge on Gregor. Also, House Martell is definitely associated with the sun (matching the description of being "golden and beautiful like the sun"). In addition, I just don't see how Gregor Clegane can be thought to "loom over" either Jaime Lannister or Loras Tyrell. If anything, Gregor was a servant of the Lannisters.

Gregor definitely has a head:

Cersei I (Ch 54, ADWD), Cersei thinks to herself:

My champion will need a new name as well as a new face.

This isn't because she has reason to believe he doesn't have a head, but because his name and face would be recognized.

Sure, this is before she sees him in his "new form," where in Cersei II (Ch 65, ADWD), she observes:

A greathelm hid his face.

I think - without a head - what's being suggested is that some sort of magic holds his helmet in place?

However, Cersei IV, (Ch 17, AFFC) provides proof that Cersei was aware that a head was being cleaned, where her observation about Gregor's head in the initial citation is that it's still attached:

"Have you attended to that little task I sent you?"

"I have, Your Grace. I am sorry that it took so long. Such a large head. It took the beetles many hours to clean the flesh. By way of pardon, I have lined a box of ebony and silver felt, to make a fitting presentation for the skull."

Therefore, we can be certain Doran received a substitute head, because Cersei knows a substitute head was cleaned or else wouldn't be concerned about people recognizing Gregor's face.

Swish.

My initial thought, when I heard Ser Loras was gravely wounded, was that it would be Loras's head on Gregor's body (possibly with Jaime's sword hand--great suggestion!). But Loras appears to have pulled through... scratch that theory.

Last I knew Ser Loras was on the edge of death from his assault on Dragonstone I think. No one knows yet if he is going to live or die unless I missed something, please tell me if I am.

IMO Robert Strong is headless Gregor resurrected by Qyburn. Whether Qyburn is pulling his strings or not I know not. We have not seen anything like that before. Everyone else besides maybe the wights seem to have free will when reanimated.

Archived