Robert Strong

Reread the description of Loras's injuries. He is doused in boiling oil, hit by arrows, and basically went through more pain and damage than a wight could go through. I find something fishy. I believe Loras struck a deal. Dragonstone could send ships to the Wall with obsidian for Stannis, and Dragonstone would be surrendered to Lannister forces so Loras could go fight off the Ironborn. The injuries just are far too painful and incapacitating for it to be true, but they would disarm any suspicion as to why Loras was not back.

It being Robert Baratheon's head would make for the best story considering his and Cersei's relationship.

Could possibly be why Robert Strong treated Cersei well after her walk of shame. Robert would have had lingering regrets about how he treated his wife.

Guys. Sir Robert Strong is the Undead Sir Gregor. There is little doubt about it. The man is as muscled and as tall as Sir Gregor was. Why does Qyburn need a head to complete Ser Gregor? The book tells of wights with faces smashed and brains being eaten by crows. The dwarf's head being sent to Dorne instead seems pointless. Also, this will be the end of Sandor's redeeming arc.

Guys. Sir Robert Strong is the Undead Sir Gregor. There is little doubt about it. The man is as muscled and as tall as Sir Gregor was. Why does Qyburn need a head to complete Ser Gregor? The book tells of wights with faces smashed and brains being eaten by crows. The dwarf's head being sent to Dorne instead seems pointless. Also, this will be the end of Sandor's redeeming arc.

So what? How do you know that Qyburn's creation doesn't need a head? It is not a wight.

Qyburn didn't create the wights, and he probably never encountered a wight. They don't need heads but his creation might need one. Possibly Qyburn's creation doesn't need a head, either - but Qyburn may not know that, yet. As far as I know, Robert Strong is Qyburns first creation of this magnitude. Cersei would have been really sad if he had cut off Gregor's head and then realized that his creation still needs it...

And there is another reason for a head to complete Robert Strong. The helmet. He is wearing one. If there is no head, how do you make sure that the helmet doesn't suddenly fall off of Robert Strong's shoulders?

ETA: If they actually sent Gregor Clegane's head to Dorne, why did they remove all the flesh first? Why not just send it in whatever condition it was in?

So what? How do you know that Qyburn's creation doesn't need a head? It is not a wight.

Qyburn didn't create the wights, and he probably never encountered a wight. They don't need heads but his creation might need one. Possibly Qyburn's creation doesn't need a head, either - but Qyburn may not know that, yet. As far as I know, Robert Strong is Qyburns first creation of this magnitude. Cersei would have been really sad if he had cut off Gregor's head and then realized that his creation still needs it...

And there is another reason for a head to complete Robert Strong. The helmet. He is wearing one. If there is no head, how do you make sure that the helmet doesn't suddenly fall of Robert Strong's shoulders?

How do you bring a dead body back to life and make him serve you? But its keeping the helmet attached that bothers you? How about bolting it down?

How do you bring a dead body back to life and make him serve you? But its keeping the helmet attached that bothers you? How about bolting it down?

Yes, the helmet bothers me. I am not sure that Ser Robert was ever completely dead to start with. When Qyburn got hold of him, he still lived.

How do you bolt the helmet down so that nobody notices that it is bolted down? People notice that Robert Strong doesn't speak, doesn't eat, doesn't shit. That he never takes off his helmet. Even if they don't see the bolts, wouldn't they also comment that he never moves his helmet head?

Yes, the helmet bothers me. I am not sure that Ser Robert was ever completely dead to start with. When Qyburn got hold of him, he still lived.

How do you bolt the helmet down so that nobody notices that it is bolted down? People notice that Robert Strong doesn't speak, doesn't eat, doesn't shit. That he never takes off his helmet. Even if they don't see the bolts, wouldn't they also comment that he never moves his helmet head?

Well he doesn't eat or shit any more, so its really academic whether he was alive or not. I'd argue the opposite- he never takes his helmet off, eats, sleeps, etc. Not moving his head in heavy armor (that doesnt provide for much range of movement anyway) is more trivial than any of those that people have noticed.

Does he have a head? I'm not saying for sure he does not- but I am saying there is nothing to definitively prove he must have a head. Particularly i'm saying arguing its impossible to animate a body without a head is an odd argument, given that its impossible to animate a body period. Its clearly magic, and we don't know of any rules one way or another.

I also agree that Gregor has at least his skull. GRRM frequently has Tyrion speak of his overly large head IIRC. We also know that Cersei has no shortage of dwarf heads coming in with the bounty on Tyrion. Doran and the snakes would assume a large head goes with a large body knowing Gregor's size. They also, likely, knew about the poison spear and wouldn't see the need for treachery until Robert Strong shows up with all his hulking size.

I believe that Tyrion has an overly large head for a dwarf, in proportion to his body. It's pretty unlikely that Tyrion has a skull as large as a man who is a few times larger than him.

As for Ungregor, if he really was brought back through necromancy, I believe there is a possibility that he could be killed by a warrior of the faith. Cleansing and such.

I believe that Tyrion has an overly large head for a dwarf, in proportion to his body. It's pretty unlikely that Tyrion has a skull as large as a man who is a few times larger than him.

As for Ungregor, if he really was brought back through necromancy, I believe there is a possibility that he could be killed by a warrior of the faith. Cleansing and such.

Lancel? Damn, that would be ironic.

I just can't buy that a dwarf three and a half feet tall to four foot tall has a head as big as a guy that is eight feet tall, seems like a stretch, a damn long stretch.

You're right but the head wouldn't need to be exactly the same size, etc. It would only need to be larger than average or whatever. After all, it was reduced to just the skull (suspicious, eh?) and, of course, the Martells or anyone else would not be able to tell the difference after that. I still believe the skull sent to Dorne was a fake (dwarf's skull) because I think that's the "easiest" explanation. So that's what I'm sticking with...for now ;)

Reread the description of Loras's injuries. He is doused in boiling oil, hit by arrows, and basically went through more pain and damage than a wight could go through. I find something fishy. I believe Loras struck a deal. Dragonstone could send ships to the Wall with obsidian for Stannis, and Dragonstone would be surrendered to Lannister forces so Loras could go fight off the Ironborn. The injuries just are far too painful and incapacitating for it to be true, but they would disarm any suspicion as to why Loras was not back.

As far as I am concerned, you don't have a choice in the pain you endure, ask the vets from the Vietnam war.

Archived