Charlize Theron.

Arkash

I think it possible to have A-Listers on the show, but they are going to have to be cameos that let them meet their other contractual obligations which usually involve more money. Not that a 60 to 70 million dollar production can't make a reasonable offer... but I bet , I have even heard, there are A list actors who like the show and would do a even a bit of a lengthy cameo for a reasonable price. We shall just have to see.

She needs to be on GoT, to make up for that pile of dung she was just on called "Prometheus". What an underwhelming joke of a plot. I know that has nothing to do with her. I am just venting lol. Seriously though, what character would she play?

It is impossible, that is how the actors market works, you can sometimes work for quite nothing, but in most cases, it is a bad thing for the finances when a bankable actor works for quite free.

It is impossible, that is how the actors market works, you can sometimes work for quite nothing, but in most cases, it is a bad thing for the finances when a bankable actor works for quite free.

I just read an article how Nicole Kidman (obviously an A-lister) went to great lengths to get a part in a recent film, only to be told by the director 'we can't afford you, this is a low-budget movie, you'll have to do your own make-up' and she did. So it is possible.

She is way too much of an A-lister to be in GoT. Unless she's willing to take a massive paycut I just can't see it happening. Besides, I don't see how she could free up her schedule to do a tv show when she normally does movies.

I just read an article how Nicole Kidman (obviously an A-lister) went to great lengths to get a part in a recent film, only to be told by the director 'we can't afford you, this is a low-budget movie, you'll have to do your own make-up' and she did. So it is possible.

you shouldn't assume that charlize theron is like nicole kidman in terms of how willing she'd go to get a role even if it doesn't pay much.

Well she went from winning an Oscar for Monster to doing a guest spot on Arrested Development simply because she had the chance and liked the show so much.

Yeah but that's a thing now, the A-lister doing a role simply because they like it, and on a comedy no one really cares.

If I was to see Charlize Theron in Westeros I would think; "Hey, that's Charlize Theron!". Not Val or whoever. There's a reason most of the cast are if not unknown, huge stars in America.

And then you have to worry about how you write her. Is she going to have an ego and want a bigger role?Is she going to mesh with the bigger stars despite the messed up dynamic?

I think she'd make a fantastic Taena Marrywaether. She'd only get a couple scenes in season 4, then come season 5 she'll have a lot more to do.

She can't be Cersei, but I think she'd do really well playing of Cersei.

Plus, there is alway "that" scene to look forward

Excellent idea. since HBO tends to give a lot of focus to the sex scenes, I think they would greatly expand the role of Taena in the 5th season, and maybe even introduce her in season 4

Well, Lena Headey has a non-nudity clause in her contract, so we shall not expect too much of "that" scene, maybe a few things but nothing more...

Hm, I didn't know that. But seeing as this is HBO she was probably right to be wary.

Dreams forever crushed :(

That's not an uncommon things these days, a good role in a modest to underfunded film can be a lure for any A-Lister.

I get the impression that any A-lister around will work for Terrence Malick these days no matter the budget.

Well, Lena Headey has a non-nudity clause in her contract, so we shall not expect too much of "that" scene, maybe a few things but nothing more...

first of all, where did you read that Headey has a no-nudity clause? I thought the only reason she hasnt been naked yet is because it would be too much trouble to cover her tattoos... but when her nudity is vital to the story (there comes a time later on, and I'm not talking about her scenes with Taena), why would Headey refuse to do them? She seems like a very bohemian gal, and she's been nude on screen before

Second of all, you could make a scene very sexy and even explicity without showing the body parts of both actors. They could focus a lot on Taena's body (think how GRRM describes Taena's breasts and nipples from Cersei's perspective in the books), and just show Headey's back, side boobage etc

LOL, now I feel like Mr. Skin, if you know who that is.

It's one thing for her to say she'd be willing to appear on the show; it's entirely another thing for her to commit to the show for multiple seasons, possibly forfeiting other roles during filming. That leaves either a small walk-on role (which would frankly be a distraction), or having to either recast a larger role in the case of a future scheduling conflict, or bending the shoot to accommodate her.

That's the reality of a production like this; as great as I think she'd be, it really doesn't work to anyone's benefit for it to happen.

Is this true or just hearsay? I wonder how they'll deal with the Walk of Shame if that's true....

Keep the camera close to her face and have a double do her back or something? Or she could possibly do it, I don't know if she is against all nudity or just gratuitous HBO nudity.

Archived