[Book Spoilers] What is your favorite theory you've seen from non-readers?

sarah.jenice

He truly believed that Mel was a Cercei's spy and killed Davos because he was Stannis most trusted counselor. The magic boat at Blackwater would be some kind of shadow boat. :shocked:

I laughed so much when he said that :rofl: Of course that after I laughed so hard he's now changing his mind in some details but not the Mel being a spy and killing Stannis. I was able to keep a serious expression on that one... lol

On Winter is Coming website, a couple people thought the old White Walker on the dead horse in the final scene was Benjen Stark (same long hair). Someone else thought it looked like Tywin Lannister and perhaps was a demonic double of him.

Me and my daughter thought it was mad King Aerys! And we're readers - so we've no excuse.... ;)

I hate TV Shae much more than book Shae. I absolutely cannot stand her and its baffling how Tyrion has fallen in love with her!

I actually really like TV Shae (as well as many of my non-reader friends), but it makes it all that more baffling how she will pan out like book Shae does...

My TV theory: I have a suspicion that the writers will dumb it down and keep her true to Tyrion; Tywin finally finds out about her, kills her and Tyrion flips.

I actually really like TV Shae (as well as many of my non-reader friends), but it makes it all that more baffling how she will pan out like book Shae does...

My TV theory: I have a suspicion that the writers will dumb it down and keep her true to Tyrion; Tywin finally finds out about her, kills her and Tyrion flips.

I really hope you are wrong on this, but I'm afraid there is a strong possibility you're prediction could be spot on. They kept Arya's hands pretty clean this season compared to the books (where she actually kills a Lannister guard on her way out of Harrenhal). They may choose to do the same with Tyrion...which would be a huge mistake. That scene was so powerful in the books, and brings Tyrion far closer to rock bottom, IMO, than if he just discovers Shae's dead body.

Ugh...that actually sounds like something they might do. And in any other fantasy world other than Martin's it would make complete sense too. I hope they don't do this.

I don't like TVShae, and my non-reader friends loathe her. I find her acting wooden and awkward even though people rave about her abilities as an actress.

I hope and doubt they will. I think they're just setting it up so it's a bigger blow to Tyrion and the viewer. If she remains true to him then that ruins the whole thing with him becoming a bitter bastard who starts to reflect on how Tysha was the only one who truly loved him. If the Tysha plot develops further then this is crucial to it.

I've been kinda thinking this myself. Earlier in the season it wouldn't have been hard to see her going down the same path as book Shae, but after the last two episodes, she's either a very a very gifted actress (which her interaction with Cersei shows that she isn't) or we're going down a path where she truly is genuine.

It actually makes sense though, given the rough edges of Tyrion's past that they chose to avoid regarding his relationship with Tysha, ie the fact that he was ordered to do her last. This is the biggest reason I think they will make the change because I don't think that they want Tyrion to have to kill Shae. Even it it were justified, it would be hard to still bill him as an unfortunate hero after killing a woman in a fit of passion and rage. They've altered other character's stories in similar manners in order to avoid some of the more unsympathetic aspects of their story-arcs.

Stannis will have more "shadow-y whatever they are-s," and many deaths will result.

I've gotten this impression in different ways from non-book readers. They seem to think that the original shadow baby is like a person now and can be used over and over again.

I've gotten this impression in different ways from non-book readers. They seem to think that the original shadow baby is like a person now and can be used over and over again.

EXACTLY!!

Which is funny b/c when I ask the obvious, "Where is it now" the answer is either *shrugs*, IDK, and one friend suggested it simply returned from "whence it came."

Too funny.

from the TVWoP thread.

So, what does Valar Morghulis mean? In Tolkien's works Valar means god and I think "mor" is a prefix that means dark. I don't know if GRR Martin is borrowing from JRR Tolkien on that.

Wouldn't that be breaking copyright? Pretty sure GRRM just made it up (assuming it isn't a TV invention). My guess is that it means "I am an apple" or "My shoe is filled with custard".

I like that the first person is going for the Tolkien aspect of languages and stuff then the next just flattens it out. I ROFL'd, he is pretty close, all men must die, I am an apple, not far off :P

(during the scene when Littlefinger, Tywin, and Arya are at Harrenhal and he doesn't reveal her identity)

Stepmom the non-reader: "I think that Littlefinger is a good guy"

Me: :bang:

Friend is convinced Ned Stark is still alive.

A head on a spike musn't be enough for tv viewers.

Isn't enough for some readers as well.Have you seen the various "Ned's still alive" threads?

(during the scene when Littlefinger, Tywin, and Arya are at Harrenhal and he doesn't reveal her identity)

Stepmom the non-reader: "I think that Littlefinger is a good guy"

Me: :bang:

:lol:

Ok, at times I'm ashamed to know this person...

Jon will be excused from the NW, and head south to join Robb and Catelyn (who is overjoyed to see him, as Ned is dead and Jon has Ned's blood in him... :stillsick: ) Jon runs into Bran and Rickon on the road and takes them south with him. Y'know, because they all have wolves, and wolves have tracking devices for each other or something.

Arya makes it to Riverrun, and is there for Jon's arrival.

LF fulfills his promise to Sansa, taking her (somehow not getting killed in the war that is, y'know, in full swing) by road to Riverrun, and as a result, hooks up with Cat. Sansa gets with Gendry. Arya and Jon play swordfighting, and all the direwolves are united (because Sean Bean didn't really kill Lady!)

The big happy family unite and destroy the Lannisters, apart from Tyrion, because he is friends with Jon, who vouches for him. Tyrion explains what really went down with the whole trying-to-kill-Bran thing, that practically every other Lannister was involved. But not him.

But, oh no, the Others are coming! Dany has sailed to Westeros, her Dragons then toast the others who melt away. The Wildlings now have nothing to run away from and so retreat home. Jon and Dany fall madly in love :ack: and rule together, with Tyrion as Hand (who is happily married to the genuine, kind Shae) and the dragons (sweet giant lizard pets, dontchaknow) live in KL with them. Stannis cooperates because he was practically defeated already. Robb goes happily back to Winterfell with his family, and everyone is happy.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Archived