Poll

greygnarl

Yes.

Incidentally, I think readers on this forum should not base their opinions on how they feel about a potential plot development. Such a silly way to look at things.

Now at the end, after overcoming this and reaching the level that he reaches completely on his own will and fortitude, GRRM is going to pull the wool over our eyes and say "Jon really has kings blood in him!" Screw that! I could give two squirrel farts about whether he is Targaryen or not. Being a Targaryen has nothing to do with who Jon is, or who Jon represents to me.

Jon would have king's blood in him even if he were Ned's son since the Stark's descend from Kings. He's had King's blood since book one.

But, I think the point will be that being of the blood of Rhaegar will have nothing to do with who Jon is. It won't redefine his character. The knowledge of his true parentage won't change the core of him. It's sort of a nature vs. nuture debate.

Yes.

Incidentally, I think readers on this forum should not base their opinions on how they feel about a potential plot development. Such a silly way to look at things.

I don't mean to offend you, but I have to disagree. The fact that people have such emotional reactions to the characters and plot lines is part of the reason that this forum is so entertaining. I love reading about different theories and how people feel about certain characters, etc.

This, basically. Mysteries are meant to be solved. You don't get bonus points for coming up with the biggest "fuck you" shock value twist ending.

And the thing about it being too obvious flummoxes me and makes me wonder if people even know what obvious means. Uh, no. No it's not "too obvious." You know what is too obvious? That Jon's mother is Wylla or Ashara or a fisherman's daughter. Those are actually obvious because they, you know, have explicitly been mentioned in the books. You know what hasn't ever been explicitly mentioned as a possibility in the books? Jon being Lyanna and Rhaegar's son.

Thank you for calling my intelligence into the argument, thats real mature. But on that note, I begin to wonder if you understand what obvious means. I could sit here and quote a couple dozen times where it is hinted at that Jon is the son of Rhaegar. But I wont waste your time, all I am saying is GRRM likes to throw curve balls. I mean look at Quentyn, he created a character and you got invested in his story line and than boom he is a pile of charred flesh. Did his storyline contribute to the story? Sure, but the outcome was the same, its shocked people. Am I saying that George will go out of his way to shock us no, but if his readers are all barking up the wrong tree and in the end they were all wrong, I can sure as hell see him getting a giggle out of that.

Yes, but I really, REALLY hope Rhaegar and Lyanna did not get married. True born heir to the Targaryen dynasty raised as an emo bastard so he can learn humility? JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL that would be too much. I've read that story a thousand times; I don't want to read it again.

i think yes, but agree that by the time he finds out, if he does, it wont matter to Jon.

BTW, this is the question that brought me here, and many others

Archived