Boarders you want to meet. (I just met my first boarder)

Howdyphillip

Can't think of a single boarder that I've met who hasn't been awesome.

I second this statement... except the Sydney ones those guys are terrible :p

I'll also second the disappointment at managing to completely miss Drac - next time I'm over that way you shall not escape!

Sooner or later I'm going to make it over to the US and impose myself on a whole bunch of you and drunkenly flirt with lily & drag emberling out for shopping and hugs (hugs being the price of my company).

I don't know if anyone was in KC for Planet Comicon, but I would have met up. I will be at Conquest to see GRRM in May, anyone heading to KC for that, let me know!

Here's a pic form KC this weekend- Robbie Amell from The Flash showed up at the after party I was at and held up this lovely sign I made for my daughter.

https://instagram.com/p/0O82Slnuay/

I know I want to meet HP, because he shares a love of country gold with me.

Merle and George and Waylon and Willie rule.

ETA: would also like to meet Trisk. because he appreciates the finer qualities of Dan Halen.

Yeah, I forgot about you locals, though you're in a 'different' country. I hope we're cool after that World Cup thread(if you remember that) where I was way too excited about Croatias chances/squad. Still, I'd like to meet you all too.

To be honest, I don't even remember what you're talking about. :D

Either way, I would never hold excessive World Cup enthusiasm against anyone.

We all lose our grip on reality when our national team(s) are concerned and no offense but Croatians usually lose a bit more than the rest of us. ;)

HP is good people. I like almost everyone I've met from the board. Like 99% of you :-) lol

Now everybody is wondering who is the 1 % and, in the case of those who have met you, whether they are ... ;)

We all lose our grip on reality when our national team(s) are concerned and no offense but Croatians usually lose a bit more than the rest of us. ;)

Is this not part of the reason why this board has developed the habit of assigning random countries to root for during the World Cup? To remind everybody that it is all a game and prevent any crazy incidents?

The lords and ladies on my friends list.

Okay, I already have met a few boardeners (of my list). And I wasn't disappointed at all - I really spent nice hours with them.

And I do hope to meet them again.

I'm always interested getting to know new people.

I guessed you wouldn't, but still... at least our team goes out in style? Right?

Anyway, if you wish, you can PM me where you live, I'll do the same, maybe we can discuss a meetup(other locals too...)... though, that would all still be hypothetical to me, since I don't have the money, I'm studying and trying to find a job to get a place to myself(because my family situation is shit, but don't make me elaborate)... maybe then? I have a passport anyhow, so...

Is this not part of the reason why this board has developed the habit of assigning random countries to root for during the World Cup? To remind everybody that it is all a game and prevent any crazy incidents?

I was not unreasonable on the whole, it was just that my first post there was, like I said, much too excited. Though I did tone it down in later posts. One poster, if I remember/paraphrase correctly, said that others of my nationality on the board that have posted sometimes were not able to go past their love(and sometimes, knowing them, extremism) for the time to see their teams shortcomings.

And I got Spain when they assigned a country to me. I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay toooo feed up with them to truthfully cheer for them. So I turned to Costa Rica :D

Anyway, if you wish, you can PM me where you live, I'll do the same, maybe we can discuss a meetup(other locals too...)... though, that would all still be hypothetical to me, since I don't have the money, I'm studying and trying to find a job to get a place to myself(because my family situation is shit, but don't make me elaborate)... maybe then? I have a passport anyhow, so...

Since this thread is all about meeting fellow boarders, I don't think it would be inappropriate to share that I live in Belgrade.

If you or any other boarders ever step into this neck of the woods, I would be more than happy to at the very least show you around town and share a drink or two.

My schedule can be a bit tight at times, but usually it's ok.

Where are you from in Croatia?

I have some family in Šibenik, Zagreb and Split but I haven't visited them in quite a long time.

Since this thread is all about meeting fellow boarders, I don't think it would be inappropriate to share that I live in Belgrade.

If you or any other boarders ever step into this neck of the woods, I would be more than happy to at the very least show you around town and share a drink or two.

My schedule can be a bit tight at times, but usually it's ok.

Where are you from in Croatia?

I have some family in Šibenik, Zagreb and Split but I haven't visited them in quite a long time.

I am from Sinj, and if you've heard of Alka, you probably know where the place is(near Split, anyway). Since you have family here, you might get to go here first. The same offer as yours stands, though there's not much to see here. And I'll probably move to Split soon.

Archived