Boarders you want to meet. (I just met my first boarder)

Howdyphillip

motherfucker. you hide out until someone mentions how much they like your donkey ass. i hope you have a good reason for vanishing.

A fair point, even if it is crudely...uh...pointed. I find it necessary to get away from this place from time to time. So I've been on a Board Holiday for the last few months. I've been lurking a bit recently (and trying to figure out why I couldn't log in to my account) until I saw that Commisioner naz was shining the old Donkey Signal high over the streets of Gotham.

I missed you too, Chef.

A fair point, even if it is crudely...uh...pointed. I find it necessary to get away from this place from time to time. So I've been on a Board Holiday for the last few months. I've been lurking a bit recently (and trying to figure out why I couldn't log in to my account) until I saw that Commisioner naz was shining the old Donkey Signal high over the streets of Gotham.

I missed you too, Chef.

you know i missed you, donkey boy.

don't confuse my blunt and honest way of conveying my thoughts as anything but love...unless it is hate...in which case it is certainly not.

but, you vanished on all variants of the internet.

funny, the dear wife and i were just talking of you in our home last night. and here you should show yourself.

I'm seriously thinking of going to the London Worldcon :P There are lots of awesome people I'd like to meet from this board.

Go go!! do it, it'll be fun. I'd go if I didn't have the cafe!!

funny, the dear wife and i were just talking of you in our home last night. and here you should show yourself.

What's funny about this? I am not normally the subject of the evening chatter in your home?

Our little AZ chapter kinda fizzled (haven't seen Ztemhead or Watcher or Blauerdragon in forever).

I'm sorry for disappearing like that. I went off the rails on a crazy train and ended up doing 1.5 years of hard times in Charlotte, NC before quitting my job and banishing myself to the abyss that is SouthEast New Mexico. I may find a way to make it back out to AZ after a while, provided that I am able to find a job here first.

All that said, there are still quite a few of you that I'd like to, er... meet.

ETA: I just read through all 17 pages of this... and now I have a psycho in the back of my brain quietly singing "Stabbity Stab Stab" and I am left with no means of shutting him up.

I remember being pretty nervous my first time meeting up with boarders.

Nervous? I was terrified. I thought it was an ambush for sure... so much so that I got my creepy, overly friendly, wierd-o neighbor (who I was half certain wanted to kill me and make a me suit out of my skin) to go with me "just in case". Had I only known, I'd have left the freak at home and called my job to tell them I'd be calling out hungover the next day.

I won't axe murder you until at least the second time we hang out.

It was a really good time :) I'm still shocked there aren't more Texans active here. It's kind of a big state.

In my experience, they don't have that many people that can read (per capita). B)

Just bought my membership :P

Good, now, when you get there, hug everyone for me!

Yay!

Oh, yes, you two are going as well, aren;t you/ Thats good, now i know Theda will have fun!

I'd love to meet Gillio. She seems like a maniac. (which is good, BTW.) :P

I nearly said, "me, too"., but I meant I'd love to meet you too!.

I suppose that proves part 2 :)

You know, most places I go, it takes a while before they "get" my sense of humour! not here, though!

judging from this thread...I think it's better I not meet boarders anymore. I think I am better at on-Board interaction than real-life interaction...real life confuses me. I've met some truly awesome, incredible, amazing Boarders...and I honestly don't think I was anywhere near thankful enough in-person for those meetings, though I've really cherished all of them. Many Board folk have been so incredible to me on my journeys, and I think I owe them all so much more than they can ever know :(

You know who you are, special people - In Manila, Korea, NYC, Israel...you are all fantastic people and I love you dearly. And I am sorry that I've not been able to adequately express that sentiment.

I've said it before (I think in this thread, although I don't want to go back and read it), but I would have like to have met FLOW. I don't think he comes around any more.

He comes and goes.

(don't all men?)

Gillio rocks. It is known.

Awww Thanks Stubby :wub:

Guys, when we first met Stubby, Tom pulled out his phone, and called up the dedication from ADWD, just to confirm he met the same Stubby!!

I would love to meet Gillio, Odie, Lord_Tyrion and Honeyed Chicken.

LITA! That is awesome that you are going to New Orleans!

Hopefully, I will meet more of you at ConCarolinas. I really loved meeting people up at CapClave. XRay is the bomb! And Lady Q and Lily are the greatest :love:

Archived