A Thread for Small Questions XX

Stubby

Good god, if I had a dollar for everytime someone says that Jaime stabbed Aerys in the back! That's from the show, in the books I'm about 99% sure he slit his throat. It drives me nuts!!

Yes - he slew him head on - but all I remember is Aerys loosed his bowels and he stunk. Jaime stepped over his dead body to sit the iron throne.

And what's the deal with Jaime's memories of the armor he wore? He says he wore his golden armor, not the KG white? Please do not laugh - was Tywin planning to claim the iron throne if Ned had not arrived?

Yes - he slew him head on - but all I remember is Aerys loosed his bowels and he stunk. Jaime stepped over his dead body to sit the iron throne.

And what's the deal with Jaime's memories of the armor he wore? He says he wore his golden armor, not the KG white? Please do not laugh - was Tywin planning to claim the iron throne if Ned had not arrived?

I always understood Jaime's choice of armour as a way for him to distance 'the KG's knight' from the 'man who could potentially become a Kingslayer'.

Thank you so much. I am honored to be answered by someone of your stature at Westeros. Now, since I have your attention maybe, why doesn't Ned show some gratitude for Jaime's act?

lol I have no stature, trust me.

I think Ned's lack of appreciation, if you will, has to do with not buying into the distancing Jaime tried to creat with his choice of armour. Does that make any sense? I think that to Ned Jaime should have been, first and foremost, a knight of the KG.

Of course, this is just my interpretation of it. Since Ned never said or thought anything about it that I recall, it's all conjecture.

lol I have no stature, trust me.

I think Ned's lack of appreciation, if you will, has to do with not buying into the distancing Jaime tried to creat with his choice of armour. Does that make any sense? I think that to Ned Jaime should have been, first and foremost, a knight of the KG.

Of course, this is just my interpretation of it. Since Ned never said or thought anything about it that I recall, it's all conjecture.

I know exactly what you mean. I have a theory that Howland Reed has Ned's body in the marshes [albeit without his correct head], and could he have Robb's will as well? I wonder if he will appear to answer some questions about Ned's past in future books. (If Jon is Caesared Ides of Marsh fashion, the Neck would be a good place to recover).

I know exactly what you mean. I have a theory that Howland Reed has Ned's body in the marshes [albeit without his correct head], and could he have Robb's will as well? I wonder if he will appear to answer some questions about Ned's past in future books. (If Jon is Caesared Ides of Marsh fashion, the Neck would be a good place to recover).

Well, Greywater Watch is definitely the place I'd like to see the most, together with the Isle of Faces. :)

As to Robb's will, I don't think Howland has it, nor Maege Mormont or Glover. There is no indication that the will actually went with them when Robb sent them to be found by Howland Reed.

Well, Greywater Watch is definitely the place I'd like to see the most, together with the Isle of Faces. :)

As to Robb's will, I don't think Howland has it, nor Maege Mormont or Glover. There is no indication that the will actually went with them when Robb sent them to be found by Howland Reed.

I thought Rob had sent two men with the will through the Neck, but it could have been someone else. I 'd have to look it up, but I believe you. What do you think happened with Jojen and Meera in Bran's POV? Did Jojen ever reveal his greendream?

I thought Rob had sent two men with the will through the Neck, but it could have been someone else. I 'd have to look it up, but I believe you. What do you think happened with Jojen and Meera in Bran's POV? Did Jojen ever reveal his greendream?

The thing with the will is not a done deal. Robb tells Mormont and Glover he's sending them up the Neck with false intel in case they're captured. The objective is for them to be found by Howland Reed and/or his allies. The will was signed and all, but it's never stated anywhere that Mormont and Glover took the will as well as the false intel they were carrying. Most people assume they have it too. I'm not so sure myself.

Which Bran PoV? And which greendream? I'm not sure to which ones you are referring to.

The thing with the will is not a done deal. Robb tells Mormont and Glover he's sending them up the Neck with false intel in case they're captured. The objective is for them to be found by Howland Reed and/or his allies. The will was signed and all, but it's never stated anywhere that Mormont and Glover took the will as well as the false intel they were carrying. Most people assume they have it too. I'm not so sure myself.

Which Bran PoV? And which greendream? I'm not sure to which ones you are referring to.

Bran's last point of view. Meera and Jojen never returned - or did during Bran's dream. Meera mentions Jojen's greendream with frustration; it's causing him to be restless. I thought maybe they took off.

Bran's last point of view. Meera and Jojen never returned - or did during Bran's dream. Meera mentions Jojen's greendream with frustration; it's causing him to be restless. I thought maybe they took off.

No one knows for sure. There are several threads about it. Here's one:

Do we know anything about Grumkins and Snarks other than they don't exist and Grumkins give three wishes? I like to think of Grumkins as surly, non ginger leprechauns.

I don't think so, but I will laugh so much when/if they finally materialize, like many other Old Nan stories. After all, there are unicorns on Skagos.

Is the surviving wife of a man who went to the Wall eligible for marriage? Would Catelyn have become marriagable if Joffrey and Petyr hadn't interfered with Cersei and Varys's plan to send Ned to the Wall? Would Sansa have become eligible if Tyrion had not been rescued from his cell and instead followed through with Tywin's plan to join the Night's Watch?

Is the surviving wife of a man who went to the Wall eligible for marriage? Would Catelyn have become marriagable if Joffrey and Petyr hadn't interfered with Cersei and Varys's plan to send Ned to the Wall? Would Sansa have become eligible if Tyrion had not been rescued from his cell and instead followed through with Tywin's plan to join the Night's Watch?

I'd guess if he becomes a brother and is no longer judged for anything, the same would apply to her - it would be kind of like a widow. Not enough factual evidence though.

I am still learning about posting and I have not been able to locate an answer to the question I had. When rereading GOT (I have read all through DWD), Ned does not seem to know ther truth about his father and brother's deaths? At least as Jaime describes it in his POV. Thanks for your help.

Dam, I miss this but its is the perfect answer to that question.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/71037-povs-unreliable-narrator-and-you/

Benjen was younger or older than Lyanna? Is it stated somewhere in the books?

Thanks, I really can't remember this.

Younger.

When Jojen tells Bran the story of the Knight of the Laughing Tree he describes Benjen as the 'wolf pup'.

From ASoS:

“A wolf on four legs, or two?”

“Two,” said Meera. “The she-wolf laid into the squires with a tourney sword, scattering them all. The crannogman was bruised and bloodied, so she took him back to her lair to clean his cuts and bind them up with linen. There he met her pack brothers: the wild wolf who led them (Brandon), the quiet wolf beside him (Eddard), and the pup who was youngest of the four (Benjen).

Archived