A Thread for Small Questions XX

Stubby

OK - off topic, but now I understand why people think Ghost makes noise - the HBO series. You know, cutting the wolf's whining would have been possible with all their CGI techniques?

Does anyone know if HBO used the CGI werewolves from the Twilight movies for the Stark Direwolves?

Are we allowed to post pictures? Robb's direwolf in season 2, when he threatens Jaime Lannister, looks just like a werewolf from Twilight?

Also, this is part of another post, but you people are nice and give good answers: [from DWD Theon POV]

In the crypt, Theon recalls “Lord Beron Stark, who made common cause with Casterly Rock to war against Dagon Greyjoy, Lord of Pyke, in the days when the seven kingdoms were ruled in all but name by the bastard sorcerer men called Bloodraven” (546).

Before their descent, Dustin calls for “Beron, the light.” Supposedly her serjeant with the light is called Beron? Is that ironic? A coincidence? Does she need light and Beron to work her magic? Is she in the crypts to awaken the stone men? – and the connection with Bloodraven? – I am not sure. Is she an agent? Is she opening the crypts for the arrival of someone? Or to release something?

There seems to always be a reason people have exactly the same name. This makes me wonder. However it may just be a way to show the connection of the Starks with Dustin. They are very close - see the battle at the T o J. Lady Dustin isnt a fan now - altho she was happy enough to bang Brandon and fall in love with him.

There seems to always be a reason people have exactly the same name. This makes me wonder. However it may just be a way to show the connection of the Starks with Dustin. They are very close - see the battle at the T o J. Lady Dustin isnt a fan now - altho she was happy enough to bang Brandon and fall in love with him.

The reason could simply be that certain names tend to be repeated, especially within a certain region, just as irl.

Why does Stannis look for kings blood... what prophesy is that from... and what prophesy is the 'one true king' line from???

It's Melisandre who mentions that it takes kings blood to wake the dragon. I think it's fair to assume it has to do with something she read about either Azor Ahai Reborn, or the Prince that was Promised or both if they are the same, as she assumes.

"Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first, and then the son, so that both die kings."

Whatever that means. She also says that king's blood have power, referring to magical properties. So she and Stannis is at least as it seems hunting for king's blood to help their cause. She wanted to sacrifice Edric Storm (Robers Baratheon's bastard son) so that she could use his king's blood for some magical related stuff.

So just for gaining power I suppose, the magic kind.

*The one true king* though, I don't remember it mentioned, who says it in the text? If it's Mel, I assume it's about AAR.

"Two kings to wake the dragon. The father first, and then the son, so that both die kings."

Whatever that means. So just for gaining power I suppose, the magic kind.

It means that it takes the blood of two kings to work the magic. You kill the first one, the second becomes king, then kill him.

It means that it takes the blood of two kings to work the magic. You kill the first one, the second becomes king, then kill him.

Actually, I think it just means that is what Melisandre believes (or says).

Um, thanks, but I do know what it means literally.

What I was referring to is the "to wake the dragon" part. What dragon? A literal dragon? A Targaryen prince? Some dragon other than a fire dragon? The stone dragon? What and where is the stone dragon? Was the stone dragons the eggs that had turned into stone? In that case what is Mel trying to do, does she have dragon eggs lying about that we have not been shown? Why are her flames not showing Dany and her dragons if that is what she is supposed to rally to? Mel is unaware of Dany and the dragons, or so it seems.

Actually, I think it just means that is what Melisandre believes (or says).

And this. She thinks this is how you wake a dragon, but she and we don't know exactly what waking a dragon means. And we don't know if Mel knows what she is talking about, or if she is truthful about what she knows and intends.

@Arctic Cowboy, you´ve been in the right thread already. This thread is to answer questions, but not speculate on or discuss things we cannot know yet. You can ask wether anyone knows about a thread where your question is discussed.

I think the most vital thing to uphold the Wall is the magic that went into it, so you could also look for threads discussing the horn of Joramun.

@Davos´fingertip, all people (and some animals) who died north of the Wall can be resurected as wights and the Others seem to be able to controll them as we see in the White Walker who rides a wight horse before he kills Small Paul.

We´ve only seen two people being killed directly by White Walkers up to now, Ser Waymar Royce and Small Paul.

@Arctic Cowboy, you´ve been in the right thread already. This thread is to answer questions, but not speculate on or discuss things we cannot know yet. You can ask wether anyone knows about a thread where your question is discussed.

I think the most vital thing to uphold the Wall is the magic that went into it, so you could also look for threads discussing the horn of Joramun.

thanks, lykos. i'll be sure to remember that.

pardon me, noob here. :-)

^ the Others will break it, and the others don't really melt things, so i think it will be a bunch of ice falling down.

i get that when White Walkers kill someone, they reanimate them as wights. But what happens when a wight kills a person? is that person reanimated or not?

It's my personal opinion that the dead not killed by wights can become wights but the Others have to be in the area. Otherwise all the dead at the battle of the Wall would have caused some problems.

At the fist one NW asked another about the Fist and it was stated that a lot of battles were fought there. It is my take that this is where those wights came from. Although, the Others seem to be able to march wights in a general direction. Otherwise there is no explanation why there is a pack of wights outside the cave of Brynden

Aren’t Roose and Ramsay and their wedding guests violating the laws of hospitality by taking up residence in a castle with no living Stark in Winterfell? Fake ones do not count unless they are the real ones in disguise. Neither does ravens and weirwood faces.

Archived