A Thread for Small Questions XX

Stubby

Are there any unnaturally tall women other than Brienne? Someone really ladylike but super tall..

There's also the woman that Dunk saved in The Hedge Knight. I can't remember her name but her nickname was 'Too-Tall' and Dunk was very taken with her. He always referred to her as 'not too-tall for me'. She was supposed to be attractive and more ladylike. But she was a commoner and I get the feeling you were looking for more of a highborn lady.

There's also the woman that Dunk saved in The Hedge Knight. I can't remember her name but her nickname was 'Too-Tall' and Dunk was very taken with her. He always referred to her as 'not too-tall for me'. She was supposed to be attractive and more ladylike. But she was a commoner and I get the feeling you were looking for more of a highborn lady.

Tanselle Too-Tall was her name

There is Selyse Baratheon, who is described as being as tall as her husband, Stannis, who is a tall man.

Tanselle Too-Tall was her name

There is Selyse Baratheon, who is described as being as tall as her husband, Stannis, who is a tall man.

Thanks! It was gonna drive me nuts not thinking of her name

Just checking something,,, when you warg into an animal and your body is killed, you can only be an animal warg, right??? No more man wargs?

It's more like a part of you lives on in your animal

The books state that there are "lizard-lions" (I assume this means alligators / crocodiles) living in the swamps of The Neck.

It may be the southern edge of the North, but still probably prone to cool summers and cold winters. How do such creatures survive there ?

The books state that there are "lizard-lions" (I assume this means alligators / crocodiles) living in the swamps of The Neck.

It may be the southern edge of the North, but still probably prone to cool summers and cold winters. How do such creatures survive there ?

The American alligator, the Chinese alligator, and the broad-snouted caiman live in temperate climates, and can tolerate occasional frost or freezing. There are records of alligators surviving beneath ice as long as they can continue to breathe. Of course, alligators normally become quiescent in cold weather anyway. They dig deep burrows into the banks of rivers and lakes and retire to them. They don't hibernate in the strict sense, because they don't reduce their metabolism down close to zero. But they're able to tolerate low temperature quite well.

I'm not sure if Brienne is 'unnaturally' tall. Wasn't Pretty Meris described as a tall woman?

ETA Yep. It's in ADWD The Windblown. "Just a thumb under six feet".

I think Brienne is meant to be unnaturally tall for a woman - somewhere I thought I read that she's close to Robert's height, and slightly taller than Renly and Jaime, who are both tall.

Dacey Mormont was around six feet wasn't she? She got the bonus - tall and pretty. Too bad she didn't get to enjoy it longer. Poor Dacey.

Why can't Jon request a maester from the Citadel? Why do the maesters of the Nights Watch have to be members of the Watch?

He should request a maestar at least for the time while Sam is forging his chain.

Why can't Jon request a maester from the Citadel? Why do the maesters of the Nights Watch have to be members of the Watch?

He should request a maestar at least for the time while Sam is forging his chain.

He is requesting - more than one I think - but at least one

I'm not positive, but I don't think they HAVE to be members of the watch. Aemon did just to finally put an end to his claim to the throne. I'm not sure about the other maesters though.

I'm not positive, but I don't think they HAVE to be members of the watch. Aemon did just to finally put an end to his claim to the throne. I'm not sure about the other maesters though.

As a maester, he already puts an end to his claim.

As a maester, he already puts an end to his claim.

But maesters can become ex-maesters, as we have seen with Qyburn. Night's Watchmen don't become ex-Night's Watchmen, they just become dead.

But maesters can become ex-maesters, as we have seen with Qyburn. Night's Watchmen don't become ex-Night's Watchmen, they just become dead.

Cersei spoke of putting one of the Kettleblacks on the Wall to lead 100 men up there including some saboteurs - and then having the LC release him with a big bribe.

Cersei spoke of putting one of the Kettleblacks on the Wall to lead 100 men up there including some saboteurs - and then having the LC release him with a big bribe.

But this has never been done. Cersei thinks she can so whatever she wants with no consequences. She is learning (slowly) that she cannot.

Archived