HBO Confirms Iwan Rheon Casting

Westeros

The "verification process" is really non-existent. What you have is some random IMDB employee seeing a change submitted, where a person writes as explanation "This actor is in Game of Thrones in this role", and they process the change. I've seen it happen way too many times.

Is it "legit" in the sense that it follows IMDB procedure? Yes.

Is it "legit" in the sense that someone at IMDB went ahead and used their contacts to get confirmation from HBO that he's playing Ramsay? No. What IMDB says is not evidence. That's not how it works.

The role should be credited as "Boy", because that's what HBO says it is. Anything else is speculative. I said as much when I submitted the update, pointing to Access Hollywood's article in which they received confirmation straight from HBO that he's credited as "Boy".

There are mistakes, sure; however, it is a legit verification process. They get info from lots of sources, including public and private records for things like age, which is why that woman has a legit suit for privacy breaches and promoting age discrimination. If their process was so lack, they would've been able to dismiss the case.

Plus, Hollywood wouldn't use it as a quasi official source if info was processed by virtue of what the submissions say alone. Having lived in LA for the better part of 10 years and working in the entertainment business, I've seen firsthand how much it's relied on. Again, that's not to say it won't change, but their process is more legit than has been described here.

That Hollywood might rely on it may be true, but the irrationality of Hollywood is well-known.

IMDB saying something is, in any case, not proof of something. IMDB listing Gerard Butler as Stannis or Gillian Anderson as Catelyn was not proof, IMDB listing Iwan Rheon as Ramsay Snow is not proof. :)

Moreover, I'm guessing whether it's right or not it's not supposed to be there, if we assume they're trying to maintain the 'pretend-Reek' essence of the aCoK storyline.

It's really gonna ruin my enjoyment of the arc if he turns out to be just a boy now.

They're not going to cast Iwan Rheon as a "Boy". I'll eat my laptop if he turns out not to be Ramsay.

Plus the girl who watched Allen and Rheon shoot a scene together.

I'll dip my socks in poop, set them on my laptop keyboard, close the laptop, smother poop all over the laptop, and then eat it if he's not Ramsay. :)

It's hard to get someone perfect for the role, but this guy isn't too far off. Ramsay has pink, blotchy skin and is "fleshy." I wouldn't say that about Rheon. This actor has the broad nose though. Pale white isn't pink, but eh.

From the video clip, his personality is NOTHING like Ramsay's. He's got the creepy serial killer attitude, but Ramsay is not like that at all. He's loud, quick to anger, and ferocious. The actor will need a complete character change for this role if he is playing Ramsay.

It's hard to get someone perfect for the role, but this guy isn't too far off. Ramsay has pink, blotchy skin and is "fleshy." I wouldn't say that about Rheon. This actor has the broad nose though. Pale white isn't pink, but eh.

From the video clip, his personality is NOTHING like Ramsay's. He's got the creepy serial killer attitude, but Ramsay is not like that at all. He's loud, quick to anger, and ferocious. The actor will need a complete character change for this role if he is playing Ramsay.

A number of characters in the show don't fully match their book descriptions. E.g. Allen as Theon. The important thing is to convey the character, not merely his looks. And Rheon has the kind of mug that fits a character like Ramsay perfectly, even if it's not 100% compliant with GRRM's descriptions.

As to personality, Ramsay as Reek is exactly the creepy serial killer type. Remember, he enjoys playing with his prey. It is only when he is frustrated that his wild side emerges. In ADWD he is frustrated often so this side is more visible, but in ACOK he was very cool and collected, enjoying his little game.

Personally I have high hopes for Rheon as Ramsay, even though I didn't particularly like his character in Misfits (far too timid for my taste).

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you basing his performace for Ramsay off Simon in Misfits? You think that is the only way he can act or something?

Even then would it matter? So what if there's a minor change, so long as Ramsay is as memorable a villain in the series as he is in the book?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived