ADWD 36: Jon 7

New recruits make vows

AFFC 46: Samwell 5

23/09/300

ADWD 37: Daenerys 6

AFFC 35: Cat Of The Canals

ADWD 38: The Prince of Winterfell

“Bael”arrives at Winterfell. Ramsay marries Jeyne/’Arya”

The books converge when ADWD chapters all begin continuing storylines which ended in AFFC

A Feast for Crows

A Dance with Dragons

Possible date

ADWD 39: The Watcher

ADWD 40: Jon 8

Sends Val out

ADWD 41: Tyrion 9

ADWD 42: The Turncloak

ADWD 43: The King's Prize

30 days since she left Deepwood Motte. Arrive at village

ADWD 44: Daenerys 7

ADWD 45: Jon 9

Selyse arrives at Castle Black. Tycho Nahaaris mentions Lannister failure to pay debts. Alys Karstark arrives, warns of Karstark uncle’s betrayal

ADWD 46: The Blind Girl

ADWD 47: A Ghost In Winterfell

Final scene within a day of chapter 52.

ADWD 48: Tyrion 10

ADWD 62: The Griffin Reborn

ADWD 49: Jaime

Roslin’s child not born. Learns that the siege of Raventree Hall has gone on for half a year. It must have begun by ASOS 72: Jaime 9 12/01/300. Since that’s when Lord Bracken was pardoned.

ADWD 50: Jon 10

Alys marries Sigorn. Tormund and Val return

ADWD 51: Daenerys 8

ADWD 52: Theon

Perhaps 3 days before chapter 63/last Asha chapter

ADWD 53: Daenerys 9

ADWD 54: Jon 11

Flints and Norrey’s arrive

ADWD 55: Cersei 1

Rumours of Jon Connington

ADWD 56: The Queensguard

ADWD 57: The Iron Suitor

ADWD 58: Tyrion 11

ADWD 59: Jon 12

Wildling hostages, Cotter Pyke stranded at Hardhome

ADWD 60: The Discarded Knight

ADWD 61: The Spurned Suitor

ADWD 63: The Sacrifice

Stranded for 19 days at village. Approximately 3 days since chapter 52

ADWD 64: Victarion

ADWD 65: The Ugly Little Girl

ADWD 66: Cersei 2

ADWD 67: Tyrion 12

ADWD 69: The Dragontamer

ADWD 68: The Kingbreaker

ADWD 70: Jon 13

Receives Pink letter

ADWD 71: The Queen's Hand

ADWD 72: Daenerys 10

ADWD 73: Epilogue

<snip>

Sam arriving in Oldtown definitely happened first. (AFFC ended halfway through ADWD.) Arya getting pretty face happened last. (Her timeline is ahead of everybody else.)

I'm not sure about the rest. I've heard there is a timeline for all books at Tower of the Hand, but I can't find it.

There wasn't any white raven to herald the winter at the Wall yet, though.

It's probably a question about how the white ravens work, if they are send at the same time or send in a way that they arrive more or less at the same time. I found timeline for the first four books but not dance.

Thanks everyone!

snip

I have a little problem with that. The quote from the Blind girl: Her nights were lit by distant stars and the shimmer of moonlight on snow, but every dawn she woke to darkness.

Jaime I ADwD The ground was bare and muddy, and dotted here and there with drifts of melting snow.

It seems like snow ceased to melt in Riverlands in time of the Blind girl chapter, while it is still a little warmer in Jaime I.

Ice Turtle, I will not guarantee the correctness of the timeline, but I think voodooqueen126 did a great job and I haven´t found any grave errors.

Are there hints where Nymeria and her pack are when Arya has these dreams? Maybe the snow falls at night and melts in the day at some places south of the Trident, like Raventree Hall. And I´m not completely certain how the time of the Blind Girl chapter was established (she was blinded right after she killed Dareon after Sam attacked him and was thrown out of the brothel, right?), but Jaime in Dance seems sound.

ETA: Another timeline.

From the description it is hard for me to tell who died first. How did you figure this out?

In Game, Eddard, I: Brandon had been twenty when he died [...] His father had been forced to watch him die.

I think I read somewhere on here that GRRM originally intended for Catelyn to survive the Red Wedding and to be among the hostages at the Twins. Does anyone have the reference to where that info comes from or know more about why he changed his mind?

Could Sansa's marriage be annulled on the grounds it was never consummated?

DEFINITELY!

What was the last event of the books? Jon's assassination, Kevan's murder, Sam arriving to Oldtown or Arya getting a new pretty face?

Pretty sure Kevan's assassination was the last event, but I'm not 100% sure.

ETA: should have kept reading, plenty of people answered you, my bad.

In Game, Eddard, I: Brandon had been twenty when he died [...] His father had been forced to watch him die.

That's from a POV. If he was in hot armor it is hard to tell objectively what happened first unless Rickard was hopping around.

That's from a POV. If he was in hot armor it is hard to tell objectively what happened first unless Rickard was hopping around.

it's consistent with jaime's description - "in the end, Brandon strangled himself" trying to save his father. If Rickard was dead, there's no reason to try. And Jaime then goes on to describe Rickard's burning and uses the phrase "in the end," there as well, implying that Rickard's death came after Brandon's.

it's consistent with jaime's description - "in the end, Brandon strangled himself" trying to save his father. If Rickard was dead, there's no reason to try. And Jaime then goes on to describe Rickard's burning and uses the phrase "in the end," there as well, implying that Rickard's death came after Brandon's.

My only issue is how could anyone tell when RIckard died - him being enclosed in armor and all.

My only issue is how could anyone tell when RIckard died - him being enclosed in armor and all.

His face wasn't enclosed in armor, was it? Jaime seems to describe it as if he could tell. It's in his Catelyn's POV in ACOK where she has that long conversation with him in the cells.

I would imagine his screams would be a good indicator that he's dead. It wasn't mentioned that he did scream, but let's face it, if he wasn't screaming because of the agony he was screaming because he just watched his son die a cruel death.

Archived