The thread for small questions, version XXI

Stubby

Right hopefully this hasan't been covered before , I've really only skimmed through this thread .

Jamie's POV in AFFC mentions Rheagar saying " When this battle's done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but...well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken."

I'm curious to know if it's been made clear why he din't do it long ago and specifically why the road was not "taken" or really in general what he was talking about there.

I find it interesting that Rhaegar would confide in Jaime. Does anyone think that part of Jaime's reason to kill the king was to help things along? I doubt that Rhaegar would have ordered his father killed, but how else would he take his place peacefully? The king thought that Tywin was plotting against him, maybe Jaime was involved.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you.

In Bran's first crow dream in Game, there is a giant in armor made of stone who opens his visor and there is nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood. Is it Gregor in his Ser Robert Strong incarnation?

I can't think of anyone else, but I'm also not sure what he has to do with Sansa and Arya. Neither of them are in KL anymore.

Then, the first knight in the dream is The Hound, but why doesn't Bran recognize Jaime in the one, who is armored like the sun, golden and beautiful? Could it be someone else?

It's not going to be really helpful, but when she's wrong, Mel usually says "The flames are not wrong, they can just be misinterpreted".

As an example - from the top of my head - Arya coming to the Wall (when it was really Alys Karstark)

This is an example of what makes me nuts about Mel. She knew she didnt know who the girl was, but knew if it was Arya that would be her preference - she lets her agenda get in the way. She wont admit when she doesnt know until after the fact. No wonder Stannis remains skeptical and Jon is more than skeptical

LifeRuiner, there is an old thread, which covers most ideas I´ve seen. I´m still thinking that the stone giant is the Vale, which is armoured in mountains of stone, the Eyrie has a giants lance and it was without a head since Jon Arryn had died.

But most important Sansa finds out all the black goo that was going on there with Little Finger´s and Lysa´s plotting and it these plots where the biggest danger still hidden / looming at that point. I think the golden knight might have referred to the Lannisters in general not just Jaime.

It's strange how something can be completely not ambiguous to another person, and then very ambiguous to another. I am 100% sure that the three figures from Bran's dream are The Hound, Jaime, and The Mountain. I feel like it's so explicit that GRRM was basically as much as saying that's who they were.

I find it interesting that Rhaegar would confide in Jaime. Does anyone think that part of Jaime's reason to kill the king was to help things along? I doubt that Rhaegar would have ordered his father killed, but how else would he take his place peacefully? The king thought that Tywin was plotting against him, maybe Jaime was involved.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you.

Ser Jon Darry was also present during this conversation between Rhaegar and Jaime (and possibly Selmy).

Tywin did not let very many people in on the plans about the Westerling Snare and the Red Wedding, so it seems unlikely that he somehow got word to Jaime in KL, when Jaime was still, but a boy. And if the Rhaegar coup d'etat theory is correct, he would have locked Aerys away in a tower, not killed him.

I think Jaime acted out of genuine concern for the realm/people.

Dany's last chapter in DwD left me with unanswered questions about her getting her 'moon blood'. I'm not, and have never claimed to be, an expert on female anatomy, but it seems to me that if she would have stopped menstruating when she became infertile? Unless it is some kind of problem with her womb rather than her menstrual cycle.

I was also left wondering that if this is her somehow becoming fertile again, why is she not at all shocked at the sudden return of her moon blood after what, a year or two?

So I suppose it'd make sense if she's just been having it this whole time. Made me wonder though.

Dany's last chapter in DwD left me with unanswered questions about her getting her 'moon blood'. I'm not, and have never claimed to be, an expert on female anatomy, but it seems to me that if she would have stopped menstruating when she became infertile? Unless it is some kind of problem with her womb rather than her menstrual cycle.

I was also left wondering that if this is her somehow becoming fertile again, why is she not at all shocked at the sudden return of her moon blood after what, a year or two?

So I suppose it'd make sense if she's just been having it this whole time. Made me wonder though.

Firstly you have to ask yourself if she really was ever infertile or if it was just Mirri Maz Duur screwing with her.

Secondly, yes you can still menstruate when you are infertile - in fact most women who are infertile don't realise that they are simply because they do menstruate regularly.

Dany has been menstruating since her encounter with MMD. When she is bleeding in the last chapter she thinks back to the last time she bleed - a month ago? two months? possibly three?

It seems as though Dany is having a miscarriage, as it appears she has not had her period for at least 2-3 months and she is now very heavily bleeding from her vagina.

She might have the bloody flux. just because Viserys says they never get sick doesnt mean it isnt true. Or the green berries were toxic. We dont know that it is her vagina. Or Rhaego has been hiding up in there <G>

I don't think she has the flux.

She drank filthy water, ate bad berries. Then she was attacked by ants during the night and got many bites, there could be poisonous ants in the Dothraki Sea.

If she has bloody diarrhea, that defines bloody flux. Filthy water can carry germs but why would it be filthy? Nothing generating real filth up there.

If she has bloody diarrhea, that defines bloody flux. Filthy water can carry germs but why would it be filthy? Nothing generating real filth up there.

Water doesn't need 'filth' to have harmful bacteria in it. Stagnate water is VERY dangerous, as well as a slow running stream. But there are sources of bacteria where she was, there could be dead animals upstream or simply animal waste.

I can't find any reference to septons at Eastwatch-by-the-Sea or the Shadow Tower. So did Cellador do something to get sent to the watch and now he serves as the septon or is there always a septon at Castle Black? (it is mentioned there is a small sept there)

Good question. One that I don't think we can really answer. But I'm sure that the other garrisons have a septon. The majority of the members of the night's watch worship the Seven now.Shadow Tower most certainly does since it is commanded by Ser Denys Mallister, and the Mallisters worship the Seven.

Water doesn't need 'filth' to have harmful bacteria in it. Stagnate water is VERY dangerous, as well as a slow running stream. But there are sources of bacteria where she was, there could be dead animals upstream or simply animal waste.

OK, well to clarify, my main point was that she could have the flux, so you are being a helper :)

Archived