Robyn Arryn will be in season 3

tyrions sliced nose

I was actually thinking the other day if viewers of the show would remember who Robin and Lysa are 3 years after their last appearance, so I think it's pretty good they'll reintroduce them a year early.

• 9 months later...

This is starting to become more questionable. Anyone heard anything more on this subject?

I think in one of the Behind the Scenes videos they interviewed a guy; in the background you could see something that looked suspiciously like the staircase at the Eyrie. I can't remember what the video was so I can't link, maybe someone else can?

Anyway, with one episode still to go they may want to remind viewers that Lysa still exists, given the role that she'll play in Season 4, added to which a lot of people will want a clue as to what Littlefinger is up to. I'm confident we'll see Lysa and Robin next episode.

I think in one of the Behind the Scenes videos they interviewed a guy; in the background you could see something that looked suspiciously like the staircase at the Eyrie. I can't remember what the video was so I can't link, maybe someone else can?

Anyway, with one episode still to go they may want to remind viewers that Lysa still exists, given the role that she'll play in Season 4, added to which a lot of people will want a clue as to what Littlefinger is up to. I'm confident we'll see Lysa and Robin next episode.

I'd really like to see this. Do you think it was one of the HBO videos for season 3? Yes, I hope we see Lysa's reaction to the RW, too.

She's such a whack-a-doo!

I'd really like to see this. Do you think it was one of the HBO videos for season 3? Yes, I hope we see Lysa's reaction to the RW, too.

She's such a whack-a-doo!

I remember seeing it in a video, because someone on this forum commented that it was the Eyrie staircase in the background and I specifically went looking for it. I wish I could remember which one so I could link it, but I'm pretty sure that I saw it. It would make sense if they had Lysa and Robin in now, if only to jog casual viewers' memories.

I heard somewhere that they had torn down the Eyrie-set to make room for the Sept of Baelor. So they might have filmed all their season 4 scenes there already.

It wouldn't be doable. We've seen how Sophie Turner grows between seasons. They'd have the season starts with a Sansa noticeably older than it ends.

The likeliest explanation is that their scene has been cut.

I could be wrong, but I thought the Baelor sept had been built in that new annex to the Paint Hall, not the main building? That's why they only built a chunk of it and used CGI and reverse angles to fill in the rest.

The Eyrie set is quite large, and after Season 1 was left standing in the Paint Hall. They may be using it for storage (not the set itself, obviously, but the internal space) or simply as a backdrop for filming those behind-the-scenes bits. I don't think they can tear it down because the set is way too elaborate for them to afford to put up again easily (it's a feature film-quality set, built for the movie Your Highness). With potentially two massive battles to film next season (depending on if they handle Meereen differently), it's a cost they can avoid. Hell, I'd have suggested just not having the Sept of Baelor in that case as it's not 100% necessary for the series.

It seems a lot of scenes were cut. The Eyrie scenes, and also the Tywin-Pycelle scene at the beach.

Pycelle's actor said in a video pre-season that he has a nice scene with Tywin, where he is asked why he pretends to be decrepit. Shame that was cut, hopefully it'll crop up in season 4.

It seems a lot of scenes were cut. The Eyrie scenes, and also the Tywin-Pycelle scene at the beach.

There was also a scene between Mance and Jon that was shown in one of the making of videos, where Mance is saying "When the Long Night comes, North of the Wall becomes the kingdom of the dead". Ciarán Hinds also said there he'd have a scene in episode 10 with Tormund talking about Jon's escape. A shame they cut them, because Mance had so little screen time this season.

I think they cut scenes from Episode 9 aswell, since it was only 50:49(which includes the 2minute long opening, and minute long closing) and Wendel Manderly was casted, but showed up in a brief second in Epiosde 9 as opposed to having a couple scenes.

Also there was a clear scene when Coldhands had a murder of ravens coming out of his cloak, but that scene was gone completely. Id imagine they felt it was too late to introduce a new character, but that still sucks. Maybe hell show up right out of the Night forts gate in Season 4 ready to lead Bran?

Archived