TTTNE 351 - the accidental win

the maid of woodlynne

I'm letting my hair grow, and I want it to grow faster!

I had long pretty hair before but cut it really short a few years ago and kept it short since. I feel it's time to have it back now.

i miss my long hair too, My hair was so long I had to shift my braid before I sat down not to squeeze it. But I'm working on it and now my hair is just below my waist (well if I had one).

i miss my long hair too, My hair was so long I had to shift my braid before I sat down not to squeeze it. But I'm working on it and now my hair is just below my waist (well if I had one).

Oh wow, I never had that long hair! Almost to my waist is the longest I've had IIRC. And that was a long time ago. I aim to get it to grow down past the shoulders, about halfway to the waist. This moment its almost to the shoulders so I have a few years to go...

Oh wow, I never had that long hair! Almost to my waist is the longest I've had IIRC. And that was a long time ago. I aim to get it to grow down past the shoulders, about halfway to the waist. This moment its almost to the shoulders so I have a few years to go...

I find it practical with long hair since you don't really have to do anything with it, just braid it or put it in a bun. When I cut mine to the shoulders my hair became lightly curly, kind of like a bad 80's perm :tantrum: Not fun and a lot of work.

The biggest problem with my hair is that it is typically Scandinavian quality.

Morning thread

Congrats on the win Maid, very casual way to do it.

Thanks for the kind words about the programme. Of course it only works if we get the Game of Thrones guests and one of our "definitely maybes" just turned into a "shaky ground sort of maybe". This is the worst part of the process for us, the part where we get excited and think we're going to get someone and then the schedule changes and they're out. So frustrating. Fingers crossed it will all work out in the end....

Uh insomnia sucks! I know how you feel all too well... This thread seems full of people with the same issues really.

I wonder if there is some correlation between insomnia - awesomeness :lol:

This is what I tell myself when I can't sleep. Since you also think that, it must be true. :)

Lol, after seeing your picture, Elder Sister, I am determined never to post mine! All those beautiful people in the BWB. I just don't fit in. Ah well.

I am going to drive to Canada and slap you and demand cake. Stop with the crazy talk, FB. You are insanely cool, mega kind, and plus you are a fantastic baker. I cannot wait to see the pic of my new fabulous friend if you decide to post it. And hopefully one day we will meet and eat cake for real. :)

I'm letting my hair grow, and I want it to grow faster!

I had long pretty hair before but cut it really short a few years ago and kept it short since. I feel it's time to have it back now.

I'm trying to grow my hair for the first time in over 20 years. It's mainly been short, very short, or very very short. Right now it's at a really ugly stage, where I am sorely tempted to cut it all off because it's so ugly. My ears are covered for the first time in at least 20 years. But at this stage, my hair as this sort of wavy curl to it, which can only be suppressed with careful blow drying, gel and hair spray. And then if the day gets warm and humid, boing, the curl comes out again.

Newsun: you were an adorable child!

That pic of you is adorable! You are so cute.

Can I be you spamauntie too? Or perhaps spamolder cousin?

Or annoying spamneighbour?

Spam cousin it is! I already have about 60 cousins, so one more cant hurt!

I'm trying to grow my hair for the first time in over 20 years. It's mainly been short, very short, or very very short. Right now it's at a really ugly stage, where I am sorely tempted to cut it all off because it's so ugly. My ears are covered for the first time in at least 20 years. But at this stage, my hair as this sort of wavy curl to it, which can only be suppressed with careful blow drying, gel and hair spray. And then if the day gets warm and humid, boing, the curl comes out again.

:lol:

The feared halflength is very discouraging... I too get a weird wave when it grows down to my shoulders. My solution is to wear it in a ponytale until it's grown a bit more, but the stage before it's possible to do it looks awful unless treated with something.

One thing that also works for me is flattening it, that usually holds even for damp weather together with mousse or something similar. But I'm too lazy to bother with that mostly.

I've realised that when living in a windy city, it's sooooo much better to have long hair that can be bound up somehow. It took me a few years to admit this :D

Yay!

I only have six first cousins (but a lot of second cousins), so I can do with a lot more :)

I have 34 first cousins (soon to be 35) and those first cousins have roughly 33 kids (first cousins once removed?).

So make that almost 70 close cousins... Eek!

I have so many cuz my dad had kids relatively later in life compared to his siblings, and most of his siblings are older than him. My dad doesn't have grand kids yet and his younger sister is a great grandma O_o.

:lol:

The feared halflength is very discouraging... I too get a weird wave when it grows down to my shoulders. My solution is to wear it in a ponytale until it's grown a bit more, but the stage before it's possible to do it looks awful unless treated with something.

One thing that also works for me is flattening it, that usually holds even for damp weather together with mousse or something similar. But I'm too lazy to bother with that mostly.

I've realised that when living in a windy city, it's sooooo much better to have long hair that can be bound up somehow. It took me a few years to admit this :D

You guys are not alone with the crazy hair. If I go above a certain length, I look exactly like the serial killer from one of the Dirty Harry movies. We have the same exact hair. He's the guy that kidnaps the bus full of kids. :)

So, spam family, this is who you're related to. You're welcome. :)

Archived