NFL Regular Season: The 2012 Edition

Mexal

I wouldn't worry about the Browns. They've got a younger up-and-comer on their bench named Colt McCoy who just killed it in college. If old man Weeden can't get it done, I say throw in the kid and see what he can do.

no he cant throw the ball more then 20 yards, without losing 70% of his accuracy and cant throw the ball more then 40 yards period, doesnt have the arm stregnth.

Weeden played very bad, very bad, i will give him another week, if he plays good or better at least, we chalk game one up to him being nervous for his first ever NFL start, if he plays bad we have a problem, and it will cost every member of our front office their jobs.

And who cares if Richardson plays great in 3 years

its not going to take 3 years, its going to take 1-2 weeks.

im going to assume u didnt see the game, u didnt see that Def that was out there for the Browns, they where playing insane, held the crazy potent Off of the eagles to 17, and if the Off can stay on the field and give the D some rest, the yards per game will go down, also top 10 in Yards allowed Per Play, 4 picks and 3 forced fumbles, one of which was recovered. The Eagles had 88 offensive plays, thats fuckin insane.

the big deal here is the Eagles, they should of blown the Browns out.

They looked bad and i would argue they wont make the playoffs.

Browns can win, as long as the QB doesnt turn the ball over, Pound the Ball and Play good Def. Will they make the playoff, no they wont, are they a bottom 5 team in the league no, no their not.

they where playing insane, held the crazy potent Off of the eagles to 17, and if the Off can stay on the field and give the D some rest, the yards per game will go down, also top 10 in Yards allowed Per Play, 4 picks and 3 forced fumbles, one of which was recovered. The Eagles had 88 offensive plays, thats fuckin insane.

the big deal here is the Eagles, they should of blown the Browns out.

They looked bad and i would argue they wont make the playoffs.

Browns can win, as long as the QB doesnt turn the ball over, Pound the Ball and Play good Def. Will they make the playoff, no they wont, are they a bottom 5 team in the league no, no their not.

That was painful to read. If your insight is as keen as your English, look for the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

I'm hesitant to draw too many conclusions from just one game, but what I saw of Weedon didn't just make me think he wasn't going to be good. It had me questioning what Cleveland possibly saw in him that made him worth spending a first round pick on.

Hey, at least he threw for over 100 yards, and knows what division he's in, right?

english isnt my first or 3rd language

Is it your 5th? 7th? I'm wondering if you were implying it was your 2nd, but I couldn't disregard the possibility that your were counting prime numbers...

Is it your 5th? 7th? I'm wondering if you were implying it was your 2nd, but I couldn't disregard the possibility that your were counting prime numbers...

Really, Sivin? Dude lets you know he's communicating in non-native language and you take issue with how he writes that?

Mex...does this mean Simmons was right about something? Didn't he claim Flacco was going to take off this year?

Mex...does this mean Simmons was right about something? Didn't he claim Flacco was going to take off this year?

Could be. I mean, the Bengals are helping him out a bit but he has made some money throws. Can't say I haven't been impressed with him so far this game.

Digging what I've seen from Flacco so far, but gonna wait to get super excited until I see how he does once the Bengals can make some halftime adjustments or how other teams do when there is film on this no-huddle stuff.

This is pretty tantalizing, though. This is like the Baltimore fan's wet dream of what the last couple of years might have been like without vanilla Cam Cameron play-calling. Coming out of the chute with a deep bomb - I mean, great move. Talk about sending a message. These ain't the Ravens you remember. Hope that message keeps being sent!

Have to say, Bengals are moving the ball quite well. They might only have 3 points but I like what I've seen so far from the offensive line and the running game, not to mention Dalton's ability to diagnose a blitz. If we can score a TD here, we're back in the game with the ball at the beginning of the 2nd half.

but where is the raven's famed defense?

The Ravens have secretly not had much of a pass rush for the past couple of seasons. I don't see why that would change with Suggs out to start the year. I've been worried about the defense all offseason - main reason to hope Flacco steps up, 'cause they will probably need the offense to finally shoulder some more weight around here.

I also doubt if there's anybody that really feels good about their team's secondary.

I've not been too terribly impressed with the Ravens D since Rex left. Still a good D, no doubt, but not nearly as tough and nasty as they used to be.

In the latter days of Rex they were tough, nasty and aggressive to such a comical level that it actually hurt them. Rex was so wrapped up in the clever schemes that he outsmarted himself with blitzes with regularity. That's not to even get into the permanently-pumped-up mindset that led to so many stupid penalties - which have been reduced seriously since Rex and Bart Scott went to the Jets.

This is a really frustrating game to watch. The PI was one of the worst calls I've seen in awhile but I guess that's to be expected. The Bengals defense cannot help themselves. They have dropped 3 potential INTs. It's clear they miss Dunlap and that their secondary is barely mediocre.

Archived