It's a Nice Day For A...

Westeros

It's a reference to a quote from Martin. "George has apparently told people that it was a mistake."

Apparently being the key word. There's still no evidence that Martin has said that aside from some random forum posters saying it without a reference. It could easily be a lie someone made up to discredit a theory they didn't agree with. Until I see an actual quote from Martin I'm seeing it as a hint.

There's no reason all stories have to be wrapped up in episode 10 - they could start winding some down in 9 (or even 8) and have more time for the really important ones in 10.

It is constrained by the story though. I think most people will agree that the Blackwater deserved 1 full episode. And if other story's suffered, I think that's worth the sacrifice. I don't think the end of the Blackwater would have been a great way to end the season since, while you could wind up some storylines early, you couldn't wind up all but the KL one before E10.

Anyhow, if the unsatisfaction with the way the season ends is in reaction to S2, then I wouldn't worry since the Blackwater might be a once off. D&D may not have to face the same issues again. And if they did, they can indeed learn from S2 and wrap up some plots in E8 as you say. While they are doing a great job, i'm sure D&D are learning all the time. (Personally i'd love if the RW got 1 full episode also).

Blackwater isn't really comparable to Ned dying is it? An entire episode dedicated to a battle and one incredibly suprising scene... I'd say the latter is really climactic while Blackwater is more of a coming together of storylines.

Anyway, putting the weight of the season in the penultimate episode is only predictable if you overanalyze it, like we all do on these boards. If you're just casually reading or watching a well-written story, the impact will still be felt. Remember when you first read about the RW or Ned's death? Were you counting the pages and thinking to yourself "I bet shit will go down in this specific chapter"? I wasn't and I enjoyed the ride because of it.

There's no chance that this mysterious King's Landing filming in Morocco is the Purple Wedding is it? For some reason, that thought struck me this morning, even though it seemed to have become clear that the PW wouldn't happen until Season 4. It would be an interesting way to keep it secret, since news obviously leaks out of Belfast - we all know they've filmed Tyrion/Sansa and the RW. On the other hand, finding appropriate extras could be an issue. I don't really think it is, but I'm just wondering a little.

There's no chance that this mysterious King's Landing filming in Morocco is the Purple Wedding is it? For some reason, that thought struck me this morning, even though it seemed to have become clear that the PW wouldn't happen until Season 4. It would be an interesting way to keep it secret, since news obviously leaks out of Belfast - we all know they've filmed Tyrion/Sansa and the RW. On the other hand, finding appropriate extras could be an issue. I don't really think it is, but I'm just wondering a little.

If the PW is happening on S3, I'm sure it's been recorded already. KL interior scenes are all shot in Northern Ireland AFAIK.

But won't it be a little odd to have exterior shots of a Moroccan city mixed with exterior shots of Dubrovnik, a coastal town in Eastern Europe? It just seems very weird to me. And it seems like they've been filming the King's landing stuff already, based on reports, and yet none of the actual photos/videos have any King's landing material - it's all Dany's story. This is driving me crazy; I'm really curious about what the KL stuff is and why they would do it specifically in Morocco.

Im sure that if they recorded the PW, will be a secret. They know that most of the fans knows that the RW will be in this season and that most of the speculation is if the pw will be in season 3 or 4. With no spoilers, most of the fans are sure that PW will be in season 4.

So, if they want to surprise the fans, they keep the secret and in the season finale, when the fans and viewrs are recovering from the RW and are waiting from a light season finale, knowing from previous seasons that episode 9 is/was the strong one, they put the PW.

Anyway, is just my theory about why they could keep the pw as asecret.

Anyway, is just my theory about why they could keep the pw as asecret.

That's grand in theory but there is no chance they could get away with that. They certainly wouldn't spend money on doing it in Morocco, when it can be done easily inside the Paint Hall in Belfast.

But won't it be a little odd to have exterior shots of a Moroccan city mixed with exterior shots of Dubrovnik, a coastal town in Eastern Europe?

Not really no. Even if they those city parts did look very different from each, most cities have parts that look very different from each other. One part built 500 years ago, another 200 years ago. Same for KL. One part built when the city was founded. Another 100 years ago. Or whatever.

But more likely, we wouldn't be able to differentiate parts shot in Morocco from Croatia. Not like people really appreciated that KL was set in Malta in S1 but Dubrovnik in S2.

I don't think it is any great mystery. They shot some of the Dothraki sea scenes in N Ireland. As well as Malta. They just use whatever works.

Blackwater isn't really comparable to Ned dying is it? An entire episode dedicated to a battle and one incredibly suprising scene... I'd say the latter is really climactic while Blackwater is more of a coming together of storylines.

Its a different sort of climax but all of S1 was leading to Ned's death. A major part of S2 was leading to the Blackwater. So they are similar in that way (the culmination of plots). But obviously, the Blackwater was one full episode v one big scene.

But won't it be a little odd to have exterior shots of a Moroccan city mixed with exterior shots of Dubrovnik, a coastal town in Eastern Europe? It just seems very weird to me. And it seems like they've been filming the King's landing stuff already, based on reports, and yet none of the actual photos/videos have any King's landing material - it's all Dany's story. This is driving me crazy; I'm really curious about what the KL stuff is and why they would do it specifically in Morocco.

If I had to guess, I'd say that they're using Morocco for Flea Bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think the RW would take place until the 4th season...I really hope they include it in SEASON 3!!

Is anyone else excited about Catelyn being killed? She is so annoying!

Only because she comes back even more bad-ass than she already was. Her death was more upsetting to me than Robb's.

Agreed. I seemed to be in the minority of readers who grew attached to Cat during her chapters.

I'm with you. Catelyn was one of my favorite characters, I was also more upset by her death than by Robb's.

Archived