It's a Nice Day For A...

Westeros

Everyone loves a wedding. ;) Considering that they are devoting two weeks to the filming of the Red Wedding, I hope that they're able to pull it off.

Speaking of RW, Maisie recently tweeted that she has "night shoots" the rest of the week and is then done with season 3. Could this be Arya's scene as she arrives at the Twins?

Everyone loves a wedding. ;) Considering that they are devoting two weeks to the filming of the Red Wedding, I hope that they're able to pull it off.

Speaking of RW, Maisie recently tweeted that she has "night shoots" the rest of the week and is then done with season 3. Could this be Arya's scene as she arrives at the Twins?

I suppose. But would they really leave her fate ambiguous?

I know plenty of people thought it was obvious, but I literally skipped pages to find out if she was still alive. They should totally make it ambiguous imo.

I thought she was death until I reached her next chapter (thougth the same about Bran and Rickon in Clash, I know, stupid).

I bought Bran and Rickon's death, but didn't buy Arya's at all.

Keep in mind that they don't necessarily shoot scenes in order. Who knows how much of post-RW Arya they'll include, but this info doesn't necessarily tell us anything. The RW is such a massive event that it's scheduling is likely almost entirely dictate by schedules and other production concerns and not really it's place in the story.

If the RW happens in episode nine, it's possible that our very last shot of Arya will be the Hound taking an axe to her head. I imagine the viewer would find out that she's alright in the season finale.

But because George mentioned that there would be some fallout, that leads me to believe that the RW might happen in episode ten.

But because George mentioned that there would be some fallout, that leads me to believe that the RW might happen in episode ten.

If the RW was in E10, it would surely be at the end of the episode and then we'd see no fall out in S3? So it has to be earlier?

I think we were at least supposed to let it cross our minds because she takes an axe to the head...a friggin axe!

Yeah, and it took quite a while before we got another Arya chapter. So I'm sure it was intended.

I don't think many just watching the show bought into Bran and Rickon's death, so I doubt anyone will seriously worry about Arya. I will admit, though, that the Stark boys death was easier to pull off in print than on screen. An axe to the head is much more visceral. People will probably worry about how badly she was hurt, but not if she's flat out dead. Although coupled with the Red Wedding, they might not be in a state to outguess their instincts before it's resolved the next week.

Both season one and two had their climax in episode nine, and episode ten was the cool off and transition towards the next season. This leads me to believe we will have the RW in nine.

Though I could be wrong, of course...

Today Oona Chaplin said on Twitter this would be a day she'll never forger and neither will we. Now I'm really starting to think Talisa will die at the RW. Or she will not die and will be revealed as a Lannister spy. Or maybe she just watched the scene after it was shot without having participated on it. I think any of these options would work. I'd prefer the last option as D&D wouldn't be experimenting anything with changes, and it would be a safer route. But part of me would also like one of the other options. Anyhow, I think any would work for me if done properly.

Archived