So, they cast Coldhands (unconfirmed)

OberynBlackfyre

I dont really see Coldhands as an incredible minor character, especially for what his role could be in the TV series.

He would appear in the final third or quarter of this season. Probably the entirety of season 4 and maybe early season 5.

He will also be a big hit with fans, easily remembered and talked about a lot because of his appearance and the mystery around him. I see why an actor of Burn's ability might be interested, they may also change his appearance a little to use Burn's face (as he has quite an unusual one).

Werthead is the man!

I think Coldhands is actually a pretty cool character that an actor would like to play, in response to polarbear's suggestion that a good actor wouldn't want to play him. If done right, he could be the Boba Fett of Game of Thrones.

Darkstar is the Boba Fett of the series.

Having a different actor play him from who played Benjen in series 1 means nothing. They have cast a different actor to play Berric than previously, and Gregor changed between series 1 and 2. Casting decisions do not tell you anything about the plot, and the plot of the show isn't identical to the books. Benjen might be Coldhands in the books but not in the show, or vice versa, or both, or neither.

Not to mention the fact that Coldhands is a character whose face is supposed to be hidden (or not clearly seen anyway)... it doesn't really matter one (piece of?...) moose shit if it's Benjen Stark's actor or just some guy with with a deep, indistinguishable voice who plays him, it could still turn out to be Benjen Stark in the end. I mean, why would they cast the same actor for scenes where his face isn't even seen? It's just implausible. So this really confirms nothing.

Having a different actor play him from who played Benjen in series 1 means nothing. They have cast a different actor to play Berric than previously, and Gregor changed between series 1 and 2. Casting decisions do not tell you anything about the plot, and the plot of the show isn't identical to the books. Benjen might be Coldhands in the books but not in the show, or vice versa, or both, or neither.

Wow I had no idea they changed Gregors actor from S1 to S2. God damn thats awful IMO. Conan Stevens (s1) was the perfect Gregor Clegane.. Fuck!

Perhaps they will bring back Conan for the Mountain Vs Oberyn fight in the end of S4. I sure hope so.

• 3 months later...

Burn's character was in Craster's house during the last episode, so if he ever turns out to be Coldhands he can't be Benjen. I think Burn will likely end up being one of the commanders Jon goes up against while being elected LC.

why? coldhands is a cool character but incredibly minor and will serve no purpose to the overall story. he just rides a moose, takes bran and co. to the 3 eyed crow all while having about 4 lines. why not have him be a character the audience would remember from the 1st season? i think it would be a good change if they did it.

He doesn’t ride a moose. He rides an elk:

It had been twelve days since the
elk
had collapsed for the third and final time, since Coldhands had knelt beside it in the snowbank and murmured a blessing in some strange tongue as he slit its throat.

Burn Gorman is playing a brother of the nights watch. He was in episode 3 last week. It showed him looking around at Craester's wives. He's not playing cold hands. I think he's just in there so that there can be more nights watchmen with dialoge during the mutiny. My guess is he'll be the one who does the deed... Sunday will be a sad day

I know this might be a little old news, but they casted the part of Coldhands finally, and it is not the guy who plays Benjen, or anyone we have seen thus far in the series.

That being said, with this hopefully dispelling Benjen believers, I believe that this means very well that Coldhands is a Stark, and the Nightking.

what are you guys' thoughts?

Those are my thoughts exactly.

And I can't wait to see Coldhands on the screen, either!

It was a theory that had legs prior to ADwD being released. Anyone who read that book and still thinks that's the case is deluding themselves.

A certain Leaf possibly debunks the theory that Coldhands is Benjen much later in the series. I will not reveal further details so as to avoid spoilers.

So it makes sense if they cast a new actor

Um, not saying one way or another but what you're both referring to doesn't necessarily have as much importance as you think it does. It might, it might not...time will tell ;)

He may not be Coldhands, and I don't know whether he's got a bigger role or if he was just cast to be the "guy who stabs Craster", but as far as minor minor characters go he's been one of the most awesome so far. His final insult to Craster was epic!

Archived