Jaime predictions for WOW

Harald Hard-Ruler

So when we last left Goldenhand the Just he was walking into a BWB trap led by Brienne. What do people think will happen? Is there any realistic way he makes it out alive? Some possibilities I've considered:

1) Brienne leads him to Stoneheart. Stoneheart kills him and surprisingly lets Brienne leave with Pod. Brienne's honor becomes tainted as she has led Jaime to his death but she grows as a character, also because the Lannister forces last saw Jamie leave with her they correctly assume she got him killed and she becomes very much a wanted woman. This forces her to go back East to try to join up forces with Aegon and company.

2) Jaime sees and recognizes Gendry as being a bastard of Robert. Revealing this is enough to keep him alive for the time being. (not really sure what effect this reveal will have on them though, he still isn't legitimate and it's possible that Thoros already knows but has kept it from him).

3) Thoros sees Jaime in his flames as having a role to play in the fight against the great other (Mel has seen Stannis andd Snow, Moquorro has seen Dany, Tyrion and possibly Victarion so it's conceivable that Thoros could see Jaime). And helps free him at the cost to his own life. Thoros seems like he's starting to become pretty disillusioned with the whole R'hllor thing again and I could see him making that sort of sacrifice.

4) Brienne and Jaime turn on the BWB and manage to cut down a few of them and escape. They then realize that there was only about 8 or 9 members present and wonder why that is...turns out the rest of the BWB were at Riverrun massacring the Freys.

Lol, I'm not a writer so all these options might sound a bit dumb. What do you guys think will happen?

I'm thinking ...

1. Jaime is forced to help the Brotherhood take Riverrun. A Riverrun sack — probably during Daven's Frey wedding — is telegraphed a mile away and it needs a POV. So either Jaime or Brienne, and if one of them is there the other one probably will be too.

2. Stoneheart sends Jaime on a suicide mission to kill Cersei. He succeeds but is killed afterward by guards, or commits suicide. Dovetails both the Brienne/Jaime plot and the valonqar.

I'm thinking ...

1. Jaime is forced to help the Brotherhood take Riverrun. A Riverrun sack — probably during Daven's Frey wedding — is telegraphed a mile away and it needs a POV. So either Jaime or Brienne, and if one of them is there the other one probably will be too.

I like this option. I really want Jaime, Brienne and Pod to all survive (at least for another book) but I want a satisfying and somewhat realistic conclusion to the BWB and Lady Catelyn as well.

I'm pretty confident the confrontation with Stoneheart is not the end for Jaime. The valonquar could very well be Jaime, so I imagine that there will have to be some sort of resolution with Cersei at some point. And I do think that Jaime and Brienne might just be inseparable from here on out...

I like #3, there is definitely a rift forming in the BWB now that Stoneheart is in charge, so I could see it happening. Someone has to die in this confrontation, if they don't it will be incredibly anti-climactic. I would be shocked if GRRM killed off Jaime though, for the same reason Jon can't be perma dead either, they still have too much left to do.

Brienne on the other hand, excluding her vow to kill Stannis (not happening), doesn't have any obvious role left in this story anymore. She started Jaime down his path to redemption, so it would make sense that her death, especially if it occurs to save Jaime, would be what compels him to complete his redemption arc.

Like I could see him ignoring every thing happening in KL with Cersei, instead making it his mission to find and rescue Sansa because that is what Brienne would have wanted him to do. Of course I see that ending with Sansa rescuing both of them, an subversion of the Knight rescues maiden trope, which is right up GRRM's alley.

Jaime is forced to help the Brotherhood take Riverrun. A Riverrun sack — probably during Daven's Frey wedding — is telegraphed a mile away and it needs a POV. So either Jaime or Brienne, and if one of them is there the other one probably will be too.

That's my guess as well. I once considered the possibility that Catelyn would hold Brienne hostage while having Jaime run some errand (i.e., saving Sansa, saving Edmure, etc.), but I now think that kind of scenario highly unlikely. Jaime is much too well known and famous to be running around by himself; he's not altogether that handy now that he is a cripple (pun intended); and Catelyn just isn't going to be predisposed to let him out of her sight again, or at least not until she's had her fill of him (which doesn't mean she will necessarily kill him).

So when we last left Goldenhand the Just he was walking into a BWB trap led by Brienne. What do people think will happen? Is there any realistic way he makes it out alive? Some possibilities I've considered:

1) Brienne leads him to Stoneheart. Stoneheart kills him and surprisingly lets Brienne leave with Pod. Brienne's honor becomes tainted as she has led Jaime to his death but she grows as a character, also because the Lannister forces last saw Jamie leave with her they correctly assume she got him killed and she becomes very much a wanted woman. This forces her to go back East to try to join up forces with Aegon and company.

3) Thoros sees Jaime in his flames as having a role to play in the fight against the great other (Mel has seen Stannis andd Snow, Moquorro has seen Dany, Tyrion and possibly Victarion so it's conceivable that Thoros could see Jaime). And helps free him at the cost to his own life. Thoros seems like he's starting to become pretty disillusioned with the whole R'hllor thing again and I could see him making that sort of sacrifice.

1)- IMHO, would be completly out of character for Brienne betray Jaime. Brienne is innocent, but not stupid, I think that she said sword and went to look for Jaime to buy some time, but I don't think that she is going to let that Uncat kills him. I think that Brienne is betraying Jaime, is what GRRM wants makes us believe. That is why he wrote Kevan saying to Cersei that most likely Jaime is dead.

Again, IMHO, if the Brotherhood kills Jaime would do something very gross and public with his body, like the Frey did with Robb and by the time that Kevan talks to Cersei( I think that he says that Jaime has been missing for weeks), the brotherhood would had done something to everybody know that they killed Jaime.

3) That option would be very interesting and surprising. Thoros saving Jaime.

I'm thinking ...

2. Stoneheart sends Jaime on a suicide mission to kill Cersei. He succeeds but is killed afterward by guards, or commits suicide. Dovetails both the Brienne/Jaime plot and the valonqar.

Love the first one.

Actually, what if we combine two of the options? We have Catelyn forcing Jaime to participate in the massacre at Riverrun followed by forcing Jaime to go kill his sister by holding Brienne hostage.

Actually, what if we combine two of the options? We have Catelyn forcing Jaime to participate in the massacre at Riverrun followed by forcing Jaime to go kill his sister by holding Brienne hostage.

I think that's entirely possible.

At this point I'm about 95% sure that Jaime's the valonqar who's going to kill his sister. So for me it's just a matter of starting with "Jaime kills Cersei," and then working backward to figure out how they might plausibly wind up in that situation.

I can imagine Brienne leading Jamie away from the BwB, basically running away from them and returning to the old situation of her and Jaime in the Riverlands. This is assuming Pod was waiting with her horses or something when Jamie first saw Brienne again. And from there, they can go hunt for Sansa or try and stop the BwB and/or kill Stoneheart. She is clearly not the Lady Catelyn that Brienne swore to obey so Brienne ought to be able to get away.

Lady Stoneheart will undoubtedly declare Jaime guilty, but he will be given the option of trial by combat as his sword hand is gone and the people in the cave aren't like to stand for him, that is except Brienne, who opts to be his champion. She wins, but Stoneheart will let them go on the condition of helping to take Riverrun or see to the safety of Sansa.

I can imagine Brienne leading Jamie away from the BwB, basically running away from them and returning to the old situation of her and Jaime in the Riverlands. This is assuming Pod was waiting with her horses or something when Jamie first saw Brienne again. And from there, they can go hunt for Sansa or try and stop the BwB and/or kill Stoneheart. She is clearly not the Lady Catelyn that Brienne swore to obey so Brienne ought to be able to get away.

I'm betting the BwB is holding Pod hostage.

I agree, Stoneheart lets him go again. This won't be accomplished easily as she is now frozen in the not-so-good mood she was in when she died plus Jaime will have to explain away Roose Bolton's words when he killed Robb. I am thinking Jaime gets Oathkeeper through the heart, Thoros revives him, and he agrees to go off looking for the daughters again, possibly with Gendry in tow as well as Brienne. Combat between Brienne and Jaime is a possible means to sword through heart as she is still sworn to Lady Catelyn after all and he'd go along with it because he'd rather die by the sword and by her sword than Lem's or anyone else. Otherwise Stoneyheart may just kill him, she has practised on Jinglebells. Of course if he is revived he may have his hand back which I think is a tacky idea but...

Archived