Jaime predictions for WOW

Harald Hard-Ruler

I always thought Jaime's 'goodwork' at Riverrun being undone by the Brotherhood was about the only story he had left. Good suggestion that Jaime ends up providing that pov.

He's not finding the Stark girls. Their survival instincts trump his half-hearted vow (Though, in a fan fic world, I'd love to see Jaime come face to face with assassin in training Arya, she'd eat him up and spit him out, a shame it won't happen).

Jaime would not agree to participate in RW2. He could possibly get dragged there as some kind of hostage but that's about all. I think Stoneheart will try to use him to get what she wants (her daughters or her son's bones) and if she can't she will at least have revenge on him. Its possible she will prove herself not completely a new hard Catelyn and let him go again, thats what I would like to read about, but I think there could well be more magical things going on.

I am horribly of the mind that the presence of the fancy sword made from Ice, the Baratheon smith Gendry, Thoros who has actually already created a fiery sword (beric's), a lion and a beloved is a fatal fantasy combination, because I'd rather see my beloved Jaime and gauche Brienne stumbling along in a human world.

There is a recent thread on the general forum proposing that Thoros is the Prince who was promised and that Beric represents the sword tempered in fire (Beric's red hair, his house sigil); Stoneheart the sword tempered in water (Tully=water) which was brittle & broke; Jaime will be the sword tempered in the Lion; and Brienne the sword tempered in Nissa Nissa. ie the flame is being passed along to a succession of undead people.

Jaime could pass the flame on to Brienne when she is fatally injured, as Beric did to Catelyn. Brienne will be the last and will actually accomplish the confrontation with the Others.

I am not an insane devotee of this idea but I do think the Inn at the Crossroads and the BWB cave are very crucial places where important stuff will happen.

I think Brienne will bring Jaime back to the BWB to find a disagreement going on, due to the arrival with the BWB of Brynden Blackfish Tully - who would prefer Jaime as a living hostage, rather than dead. Result being, Catelyn Stoneheart wants Jaime's death, Blackfish kills her and takes over the BWB despite the potential stigma of being called a kinslayer. Brienne, Podrick and Hyle would probably be released, or manage to get away, and Jaime held hostage while Blackfish does more plotting towards the downfall of the Freys and possibly the release of Edmure, Roslin and maybe Jeyne Westerling.

The BWB's policy of hanging any Freys they come across, of course, would not change...

But being kept alive as a hostage allows Jaime the subsequent chance to escape.

I've been wondering this lately, too... it is commonly assumed that Brienne is lying to Jaime to get him to come with her into LS's trap.

I don't think she sees it as trap. Just because she kicks ass with a sword doesn't mean she's not as woollyheaded as Sansa when it comes to concepts of chivalry and such. She knows Jaime isn't as bad as people think and that he has changed for the better, and she is sure that she can convince Lady Stoneheart of that once LS actually meets Jaime again and sees him with her, Brienne's, eyes.

She'll be in for a surprise one way or other, I'm afraid. At this point, LS is closer to Joffrey than to Catelyn.

An aside: You know what would be poetic justice? If Littlefinger somehow got stuck with Lady Stoneheart. :P

If Jaime gets the Thoros mouth-kiss, will his golden hand become animated? I always assumed it would become a functioning prosthetic at some point.

that would be so cool! plus he'd probably be able to handle a sword well again!

I just hope Grrm doesn't kill him. Jaime has come too far in character development to get killed off

I don't think she sees it as trap. Just because she kicks ass with a sword doesn't mean she's not as woollyheaded as Sansa when it comes to concepts of chivalry and such.

I think she knows it is a trap. Jaime notes that she looks old when they meet in ADWD. That may in part be due to her injuries but I think it is even more due to the quandary she is stuck in.

Whatever she chooses to do, she will betray her ideals. Even if she could talk Stoneheart into forgiving Jaime, she'd lose Jaime's trust. And Thoros told her what Stoneheart is like. Stoneheart doesn't forgive anything.

that would be so cool! plus he'd probably be able to handle a sword well again!

I just hope Grrm doesn't kill him. Jaime has come too far in character development to get killed off

If Thoros has to give him the kiss, Jaime is killed off. There is no character development in the undead. They don't even have POV chapters. I don't want to see Jaime end like Stoneheart and Dondarrion.

Thoros has indicated that he is not happy about the direction of the BWB under Stoneheart. If he wants to change direction, I hope he'll help Jaime escape instead of just waiting passively for his ability to manifest again.

I don't see why an animated gold hand would be cool. It would cheapen Jaime's journey which is (at least in part) about Jaime learning that he is worth more than his sword hand.

I would find it much cooler if he got rid of the useless gold hand, and got something useful instead. Like a hook. It would be better still if Jaime sacrificed his stupid golden hand for something important - like ransom for Podrick. I am sure that some BWB members are open to bribery.

Thoros has indicated that he is not happy about the direction of the BWB under Stoneheart. If he wants to change direction, I hope he'll help Jaime escape instead of just waiting passively for his ability to manifest again.

That would be a great direction for the plot

Archived