Jaime predictions for WOW

Harald Hard-Ruler

I'm betting the BwB is holding Pod hostage.

I agree with that; UnCat is holding Pod and Hyle Hunt hostage to ensure that Brienne brings Jaime to them as she's supposed to. Kind of like how possibly Walder Frey had Roslin's brothers, Perwyn and Olyvar, held hostage to ensure that Roslin went through with the RW.

At this point I'm about 95% sure that Jaime's the valonqar who's going to kill his sister. So for me it's just a matter of starting with "Jaime kills Cersei," and then working backward to figure out how they might plausibly wind up in that situation.

Stannis is the valonqar, it is known. The dying at the same time is Cersei's BS. It won't happen. Cersei's got 2 more kids, and a kingdom to lose before she dies.

I think that Jaime will either let Stoneheart kill him, or Stoneheart will offer him a deal as well.

While I'd like 4 to be right - Brienne and Jamie are among my favourite characters - I have a feeling Jamie is going to get strung up in Winds of Winter - unless he can trade his continued existence for something UnCat wants even more than his death.

#3 seems like something that might happen - I'm fairly certain that Jaime is meant to be the white lion in the HotU visions, and the increasing disfragmentation of the BwB is fairly apparent.

And I highly doubt Jaime would agree to assist in a Riverrun massacre - Genna and Daven are for sure going to be there.

I am quite new to the forums and I don't have the books here so please excuse any idiocy of the following

Do we know the timing of Jamie's disappearance versus Sansa's descent from the eyrie ? And the distances involved?

Could there be any chance Brienne is telling the truth? Or what she thinks is the truth?

#3 seems like something that might happen - I'm fairly certain that Jaime is meant to be the white lion in the HotU visions, and the increasing disfragmentation of the BwB is fairly apparent.

And I highly doubt Jaime would agree to assist in a Riverrun massacre - Genna and Daven are for sure going to be there.

Yep, this is my huge problem with that prognosis too. I certainly don't see Jaime selling out Genna and Daven just to save his own life. Maybe UnCat promises that the whole thing will be less bloody if he participates?

Of course, all of this probably wouldn't be an issue with UnJaime - UnPeople are probably easier to instrumentalize. I can see the point about the need for a POV character with the BWB for that particular purpose. But it might well be Brienne, after all.

If Jaime can be roped into one of the BWB's plots (although I still find it hard to think of a scenario where he wouldn't rather die), it might be more likely an attempt to rescue Edmure. They kind of have to try that, if they plan a Frey-massacre, because otherewise they pretty much doom him to be killed in retaliation.

I am quite new to the forums and I don't have the books here so please excuse any idiocy of the following

Do we know the timing of Jamie's disappearance versus Sansa's descent from the eyrie ? And the distances involved?

Could there be any chance Brienne is telling the truth? Or what she thinks is the truth?

I would say that's very unlikely. Brienne claims that the Hound has Sansa when she actually believes the Hound to be dead.

Jaime will no doubt make some awsome lines but he will survive in the end of it, and walk away. Simple there's no way that the Lion of the West will die like this. In fact I think that Stoneheart sooner or later make it north towards Winterfell. Of course he could be used as some kind of hostage that the Brotherhood will attempt to trade someone important, like Edmure or Sansa, with - in the same way that they made that first "trade" with the Freys. So I don't actually think that they will hang him from the start, even though they may plan to hang him later.

What if it comes down to Brienne's life against that of his aunt and cousin?

Another possibility is that Catelyn will not even use Jaime and never intended him to assist in the venture, only that he be there to witness it.

My theory is that Septon Meribald goes back to the Quiet Isle and tells the Elder Brother the story of what happened at the Inn. So itas the Elder Brother and Meribald and not Thoros who show up and say, "what the hell is going on here?" I think Breinne will tell Jaimie that its Arya who is with the Hound not Sansa. Its closer to the truth anyways. So Stoneheart will surrender to the Faith in return for justice for the Red Wedding, maybe the Elder Brother gets Ser Bonifer to help him, I do not know what happens to the Brotherhood, some might die, or surrender with Stoneheart or flee. I think the Brotherhood is kaput. Brynden Tully takes over the guerilla fight against the Lannisters with some of the remenants going over to him perhaps.

I agree, Stoneheart lets him go again. This won't be accomplished easily as she is now frozen in the not-so-good mood she was in when she died plus Jaime will have to explain away Roose Bolton's words when he killed Robb. I am thinking Jaime gets Oathkeeper through the heart, Thoros revives him, and he agrees to go off looking for the daughters again, possibly with Gendry in tow as well as Brienne. Combat between Brienne and Jaime is a possible means to sword through heart as she is still sworn to Lady Catelyn after all and he'd go along with it because he'd rather die by the sword and by her sword than Lem's or anyone else. Otherwise Stoneyheart may just kill him, she has practised on Jinglebells. Of course if he is revived he may have his hand back which I think is a tacky idea but...

If that happens, it'll be a very interesting parallel with the second tempering of Lightbringer

EDIT: Especially given that Oathkeeper is a sword that could conceivably end up in Jon Snow's hands one day if Robb willed Ice to him

Archived