Joe Abercrombie Hardcovers

Overactive Imagination

I'm not even sure if there was even a hardcover of The Blade Itself, I think maybe there was only the like... big softish awesome texture cover version?

That's the only one I've seen...and I just started continuing it again like two days ago. I do really like the art design of the novel. The story lost my interest about half-way through when I bought it a few months back, but even so I could tell from what I'd read that I would probably like it if I just kept going.

Glokta and Logen are just badass characters. I honestly have a really hard time getting through the Jezal chapters, mainly because I hate him so damn much.

I'm not even sure if there was even a hardcover of The Blade Itself, I think maybe there was only the like... big softish awesome texture cover version?

There are uk hardcovers of the trilogy, I have them sitting on my bookshelf. :)

There are uk hardcovers of the trilogy, I have them sitting on my bookshelf. :)

Super jelly. I have the small TBI paperback and the big BTaH paperback to go with all my other hardbacks. Though mine do have Joe's scrawl in them ^_^

I guess this is as good a place to ask this question as anywhere...

Does anyone know why I can pick up the stand alone novels from Barnes and Noble in Nook format, but I can't get the First Law Trilogy that way? The only ebook format I have found is Amazon. This has always seemed strange to me, and I was kept from reading this series for over a year until a friend gave me his copy of the books. I would love to be able to purchase them.

There was a thread on that a while back. Hold on let me re-find it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/68856-i-feel-like-i-am-missing-out-on-abercrombie-because-of-ebooks/page__st__100#entry3721896

Say five hail Abercrombies and read the book already.

Incidentally, I've no clue why these books still aren't available on Nook, they've been made available, far as I'm aware, but B&N haven't actually done the work of encoding them and putting them up.

but as for finding them on e-book non amazon.

http://www.booksonboard.com/index.php?BODY=viewbook&BOOK=1326300&TITLE=The+First+Law+Trilogy+Boxed+Set&AUTHOR=Joe+Abercrombie

I've been told that I'm finally #1 in the holding queue for Red Country at my library. The whoresons have sure taken their sweet time.

Cheapskate. Buy the book and support one of the few authors that graces us with his presence!

;)

There was, but very limited! I had to pay £50 for a signed first edition back in 2008, as I was slow to board the Abercrombie train... Pre-ordered the HC of every book since, however.

Not just that, but he's pretty cool here too.

I am super cool here, motherfucker.

£50 for a 1st Blade Itself would have seemed inconceivable in 2006 but you got a bargain, they're going for silly money these days. I saw a set of the first three go for £1,000 on e-bay. Gave most of mine away. Friends and family truly are a curse.

The UK hardbacks can be got for cheapish if you're prepared to be patient. I got book 1 and 2 for less than €100 drlivered and their not BCA editions. Struggling to get LAoK though.

Binding a lot of UK hardbacks is dire when compared to most US ones.

I recommend any looking to get the trilogy in hardback to just go for the subpress editions.

• 10 months later...

I have now been searching for about a year for the Gollancz edition of the trilogy but had to give up, as I had rather buy a small car, the price being about the same.

Now I have settled for the Pyr hardcover edition of the 3 books for 120usd plus shipping to Europe.

Archived