Euron's attack on Oldtown

Fire Eater

Maybe I missed this, but did anyone take note of the fact that Euron's name is Crow's Eye, and Sam is a "crow?" That sort of play into the "bullseye" angle. I like this idea of Sam slaying the kraken king a lot.

I still think that Euron "Crow's Eye" is a human familiar of Bloodraven "A Thousand Eyes and One", the same way Hodor is Bran's familiar. Bloodraven has reached and controlled Euron thanks to the WeirNet and is using him as his flesh puppet to pursue his own goals. And when Bloodraven dies, he will possess Euron's body.

I like the theory, other then Sam killng Euron. I believe the IB will be thrown out by the Reach (logically they should be unless they can pull off spectacular wins). I can see Aegon coming west and being crowned like his supposed ancestors

What we shouldnt forget is Damphair. I think its very possible Euron will be defeated and have to flee, only to turn up later yet again. I also feel this is what will happen to Roose Bolton

I still think that Euron "Crow's Eye" is a human familiar of Bloodraven "A Thousand Eyes and One", the same way Hodor is Bran's familiar. Bloodraven has reached and controlled Euron thanks to the WeirNet and is using him as his flesh puppet to pursue his own goals. And when Bloodraven dies, he will possess Euron's body.

I don't think so. I don't think BR would possess Euron, and then let him attack the Reach. What goal would that accomplish for BR?

What we shouldnt forget is Damphair. I think its very possible Euron will be defeated and have to flee, only to turn up later yet again. I also feel this is what will happen to Roose Bolton

Except Roose would have nowhere left to run if WF falls, and will likely die in TWoW. If we follow the Battle of Long Lake parallel, both Roose and Ramsay will be killed in battle. I don't see the purpose of letting him live.

Except Roose would have nowhere left to run if WF falls, and will likely die in TWoW. If we follow the Battle of Long Lake parallel, both Roose and Ramsay will be killed in battle. I don't see the purpose of letting him live.

Ever heard of the Dreadfort?

Ever heard of the Dreadfort?

It's a long way to the Dreadfort with an army on his heels, and what purpose would there be in letting him go back there just for the Dreadfort to fall and Roose to die anyway?

I think it is more likely he dies in battle at Jon's hands, avenging Robb.

It's a long way to the Dreadfort with an army on his heels, and what purpose would there be in letting him go back there just for the Dreadfort to fall and Roose to die anyway?

I think it is more likely he dies in battle at Jon's hands, avenging Robb.

I think Ramsay will die, and most Bolton men will fall too, but Roose could escape, taking a horse and running away in them middle of the storm, while Stannis searches his body among all the corpses buried in the snow.

Or maybe Ramsay escapes too, and goes to the Wall with his remaining men, hoping to take Selyse and Shireen as hostages.

I think Ramsay will die, and most Bolton men will fall too, but Roose could escape, taking a horse and running away in them middle of the storm, while Stannis searches his body among all the corpses buried in the snow.

I don't see the point for Roose to escape only to die later. It would be better for the plot if he is slain in battle alongside Ramsay, as Raymun Redbeard died in the Battle of Long Lake with all his sons.

I don't see the point for Roose to escape only to die later. It would be better for the plot if he is slain in battle alongside Ramsay, as Raymun Redbeard died in the Battle of Long Lake with all his sons.

Ramsay and Bolton are more likely to die killing each other than to die fighting together. I think one will die, but the other will escape to create more mayhem and hinder the defense against the Others.

I don't think so. I don't think BR would possess Euron, and then let him attack the Reach. What goal would that accomplish for BR?

I don't know. Bloodraven goals are mysterious. He's obviously pro-CotF, and used to be pro-Targayren. His goals are most probably beyond politics, beyond thrones and crowns and kingdoms. Maybe he wants to steal Euron's body and seize Dany's dragons to fight the Others?

Two Boltons, two castles, a two-stage finale perhaps---in one, the humans could settle up their affairs mano a mano (various people and wolves hit Ramsay in the head with things after Roose leaves Ramsay holding the bag), and another Bolton "lives" long enough to take part in the Others' plotline back at his home castle of doom.

Actually I think Euron will die at Oldtown. There is tons of foreshadowing, and I said earlier that in the real world we have a kraken-leviathan analogy that is similiar; the giant squid and the sperm whale.

No, there's not and no, there's not.

You've been debunked, stop ignoring said debunking, it's obnoxious.

Also, if Roose escapes, he's unlikely to intentionally fuck around with the defence against the Others unless he can get something out of it, he's very pragmatic. The guy's basically a creepier Tywin.

No, there's not and no, there's not.

You've been debunked, stop ignoring said debunking, it's obnoxious.

Also, if Roose escapes, he's unlikely to intentionally fuck around with the defence against the Others unless he can get something out of it, he's very pragmatic. The guy's basically a creepier Tywin.

It is you who are being debunked. Paper Waver and Fire Eater has quotes that proves my point, and you'll not going to like what GRRM has in mind for Euron, as I noted that he takes inspiration from the real world. So it is time you open your mind and think about what I said, and how it actually relates to the kraken-leviathan scenario that he mentioned.

So my point is valid. Sperm whales hunt giant squid, and in the ASOIAF world, kraken and leviathans are their counterparts. So it is a logical step to assume that leviathans hunt krakens.

It is you who are being debunked. Paper Waver and Fire Eater has quotes that proves my point, and you'll not going to like what GRRM has in mind for Euron, as I noted that he takes inspiration from the real world. So it is time you open your mind and think about what I said, and how it actually relates to the kraken-leviathan scenario that he mentioned.

So my point is valid. Sperm whales hunt giant squid, and in the ASOIAF world, kraken and leviathans are their counterparts. So it is a logical step to assume that leviathans hunt krakens.

They were wrong too. Trying to find specific bits of text to support your point is one thing, but taking things that aren't at all relevant and twisting them to fit is entirely another. This is the case of the latter. Also, you have no idea what GRRM has planned for Euron, or anyone for that matter. Nor do I, nor does anyone but the man himself, but I can guarantee that going by the "evidence" you've presented, what you're saying will happen will not happen. It's a little rich, by the way, to say a series that has magic, dragons, the undead, animal possession and dozens of very far from "real world" things only has to abide by "real world" rules. And, again, krakens eat whales. Your weird analogy doesn't even make sense.

Your point is not valid and you're not even being consistent, you said Sam was a whale and then extrapolated that to be a leviathan. It isn't logical. None of this is logical. Start making sense or stop trying to pretend you are.

I don't see Euron being defeated anytime soon. I think he will smash the Reach and possibly the weakened Westerlands. However, I'm not sure how he will get his overall goal of the Iron Throne. His navy is strong, yes, but what power does he have on land? What cavalry/infantry? What alliances with other houses? I don't see the Dany/dragon plan working out for him. House Greyjoy never teams up with other regions, and that will be his downfall for the throne. I enjoy his character a lot, but he's no player in the game of thrones.

Ramsay and Bolton are more likely to die killing each other than to die fighting together. I think one will die, but the other will escape to create more mayhem and hinder the defense against the Others.

Except the Bolton plotline needs to be wrapped up, and I doubt the Northern lords would allow either BOlton to get away. Ramsay and Roose are on the same side, and neither is trying to kill the other.

I don't know. Bloodraven goals are mysterious. He's obviously pro-CotF, and used to be pro-Targayren. His goals are most probably beyond politics, beyond thrones and crowns and kingdoms. Maybe he wants to steal Euron's body and seize Dany's dragons to fight the Others?

Except if that were the case he wouldn't have allowed the horn to get away, or rather he work to get Dany to bring her dragons to Westeros. We have nothing to suggest Euron is warged by BR.

Two Boltons, two castles, a two-stage finale perhaps---in one, the humans could settle up their affairs mano a mano (various people and wolves hit Ramsay in the head with things after Roose leaves Ramsay holding the bag), and another Bolton "lives" long enough to take part in the Others' plotline back at his home castle of doom.

How could Roose get past the Wall? And even if he did, he doesn't know about the Others. If he did, I don't the Others accept ravens or there any ravens trained for beyond the Wall.

They were wrong too. Trying to find specific bits of text to support your point is one thing, but taking things that aren't at all relevant and twisting them to fit is entirely another. This is the case of the latter. Also, you have no idea what GRRM has planned for Euron, or anyone for that matter. Nor do I, nor does anyone but the man himself, but I can guarantee that going by the "evidence" you've presented, what you're saying will happen will not happen. It's a little rich, by the way, to say a series that has magic, dragons, the undead, animal possession and dozens of very far from "real world" things only has to abide by "real world" rules. And, again, krakens eat whales. Your weird analogy doesn't even make sense.

Your point is not valid and you're not even being consistent, you said Sam was a whale and then extrapolated that to be a leviathan. It isn't logical. None of this is logical. Start making sense or stop trying to pretend you are.

Sorry but I am correct. I took an example from the real world and applied it to ASOIAF, so you should do the same. And GRRM is inspired by real-world behaviours of the sigils itself. So if you insist you are correct and that the OP is drawing wrong conclusions from quotes then you'll won't enjoy GRRM pulling the rug from under your feet. So my point still stand. We should be looking at what real-world examples mimics the foreshadowing Paper Waver provided, and then extrapolating what that really means for Euron.

So the sperm whale/giant squid analogy works logically with the kraken/leviathan symbolism because as I said earlier, the sperm whale are natural predators of giant squid.

I am not a marine biologist but I understand that if GRRM provides a pair of prey/predator comparison, then it is for a reason. That is to foreshadow a death.

Archived