[Sample] Arianne I

Ran

Was it confirmed that Connington is gay? Just because he and the Blackfish never married doesn't mean they're gay... and, just because somebody is married doesn't mean they're not.

Well, with Connington they're using the same kind of innuendos they did with Loras. And no one ever brought up Jon being gay because of the marriage thing. The line's 'my silver prince' has more to do with that.

Loved the girl's dream about the dragons' dance! Eerie!

Also,we once again have a clue that infos are coming to Dorne from the Red Keep judging by the crowned Viserys story. I am sure Varys made it possible but still - who is the spy? (Dorne's friend as Prince Doran says) I remember two Dornishmen being hired to serve at the court by Ned,but could it be that the spy is someone else?

As for Arianne's comment on Dany it's a guilt-formed opinion,projecting her own thoughts. She says that Viserys is Dany's brother...just as Quentyn is hers. Viserys was to be a King,and for much time Arianne harboured hard feelings for Quentyn,out of the same resentment.

I believe Doran had in the mind to protect his daughter in the best possible way - hence sending Daemon with her,a man that could die for her,if needed,because he probably suspects the man still loves her. And to teach her a lesson in the form of Elia Sand :D

That was the 2nd Arianne chapter, this is the 1st one.

Hmmm, I suppose it is. This is what had me confused, a report from someone who heard GRRM read the 2nd Arianne Chapter:

After the reading George did mention that the chapter was Arianne II and not Arianne I. He said the first Arianne chapter is set back in Sunspear and is about Doran learning about Aegon landing in the Stormlands and sending Arianne to go and gather information for him.

That report just made me think the first chapter would involve more of Doran for some reason. Once his part in the chapter was done like 2 paragraphs in, I figured it had to be the 2nd chapter. My mistake :dunce:

Physical description of the ships seems to match up with the new royal dromonds commissioned in AFFC, so yeah.

Much like I said in the other thread, short of a large neon sign announcing YES THIS IS AURANE WATERS STEALING THE ROYAL FLEET AND BECOMING A PIRATE WITH IT it can't get any clearer than this.

Unfortunately, this does seemingly put to bed my pet theory about Aurane joining Team Tyrell because he and the secretly-not-mortally-wounded Loras Tyrell are bangin'. :) Ah well.

I think we got more of a confirmation about Lyanna as the KotLT (which I had already considered pretty certain). Elia Sand's love of horses (the half horse comment we get from Roose Bolton in ADWD and here with Valena Toland who also makes the comment about a girl jouster) just puts the matter to rest in my mind.

Doran knows a lot about a lot of people, including maybe something about Jon Conn's preferences. Daemon Sand is not only a good sword/fighter and student of Oberyn. Maybe Doran sent Daemon as someone to entice/seduce Jon Conn.

Hah. Thats terrible if thats what Doran intended. :lol:

After reading that sample chapter, I think those threads about how Dany may not be welcomed in the Westeros / not getting the support from Dorne may be right after all.

"I like the dragon." She wanted to slap the smile off his face. Or kiss it off, perhaps. The man was as smug as he was comely. Of all the knights in Dorne, why did my father chose this one to be my shield? He knows our history. "It is just a game. Tell me of Prince Viserys."

"The Beggar King?" Ser Daemon seemed surprised.

"Everyone says that Prince Rhaegar was beautiful. Was Viserys beautiful as well?"

"I suppose. He was Targaryen. I never saw the man."

The secret pact that Prince Doran had made all those years called for Arianne to be wed to Prince Viserys, not Quentyn to Daenerys. It had all come undone on the Dothraki sea, when he was murdered. Crowned with a pot of molten gold. "He was killed by a Dothraki khal," said Arianne. "The dragon queen's own husband."

"So I've heard. What of it?"

"Just... why did Daenerys let it happen? Viserys was her brother. All that remained of her own blood."

"The Dothraki are a savage folk. Who can know why they kill? Perhaps Viserys wiped his arse with the wrong hand."

Perhaps, thought Arianne, or perhaps Daenerys realized that once her brother was crowned and wed to me, she would be doomed to spend the rest of her life sleeping in a tent and smelling like a horse. "She is the Mad King's daughter," the princess said. "How do we do know -- "

"We cannot know," Ser Daemon said. "We can only hope."

Elia Sand sounds like a future Dothraki bride...

I think she and Arya would definitely be great friends, maybe the closest thing Arya would have in her life.

Remember, all signs point to Aryas destiny being in Dorne if the naming of her "Guardian" is anything to go by.

I just had a shudder- what if Arya falls into Darkstars orbit? :stillsick:

She would need her FM skills to survive him.

That would be a good time for Edric to put in an appearance again. :fencing:

Wow, what a chapter....I can't seem to find the words. Its hard to pick out highlights, but here goes:

1. Connington and the GC will soon be in control of two-thirds of the Stormlands. They are moving at a rapid pace, having even taken half of the Stepstones. The only question is will the Marcher Lords follow? They (Caron, Dondarion, and Swann) seem to have all the remaining strength in the region.

2. Dancing Dragons and people dying. Seems it will come to swords b/t Aegon and Dany after all.

3. Finally, the speculation about Aurane Waters whereabouts have been answered. I still think he is working for Varys. He is lying in wait under the guise of the "Pirate King," waiting for Aegon to move on KL.

4. Krakens really exist in Westeros, interesting.

5. Dayne is in fact as evil as he appears. I thought he was a catspaw, but with the "Red Viper" hating the guy, it seems clear he acted alone. From the sound of things he is as formidable as I thought. We could see a fight between him and either Ser Balon, Obara or Areo. Could he take all three? I think DS will put an end to at least one of them.

6. The news of Quentyn will break Doran. Arianne needs to stay safe for Dorne's sake. With the Viper dead and Doran soon to follow (once he gets this news), she needs to be ready to lead.

7. Ser Daemon and the Red Viper? It seems that Oberyn trained his squires in more than combat.

8. I'm dying to know the size of the two Dornish host. They are key.

I think the Arianne chapters will be among the best in the book, I can't wait.

Doran knows a lot about a lot of people, including maybe something about Jon Conn's preferences. Daemon Sand is not only a good sword/fighter and student of Oberyn. Maybe Doran sent Daemon as someone to entice/seduce Jon Conn.

I'm so down with this ship already.

Interesting stuff revealed - I laughed when I saw Aurane Waters is now a feared pirate. But, also felt sorry for Brienne for Tarth having seemingly fallen.

I feel sorry for Davos. He hasn't seen his family in ages and now the GC took their lands as well.

And was I the only one that was very touched by the moment where Doran stood up from his chair to say goodbye to Arianne? I don't think they'll ever meet again.

IIRC, Dany thinks of Daario in the same way; that he is hard and cruel, dark and dangerous....but so handsome she can't stop thinking about him. If Arianne's experience with Darkstar is any indication, then things aren't going to end all that well with Dany and Daario. Not that we all couldn't see that coming from a mile away anyway.

I agree with this part, plus in Dance, Tyrion tells penny that lust is poison, and Barriston says Dany's "love" for Daario is a posion, sweet but it will kill her all the same. I don't think Daario will result in Dany's death, but its going to end badly.

Also put me down for those that think Arianne, is going to push Dorne into war too soon and get out played. I wonder what makes darkstar so damn important, will it be some random connection to the other members of house Danye and Jon, other than that i don't have any clue

I think we got more of a confirmation about Lyanna as the KotLT (which I had already considered pretty certain). Elia Sand's love of horses (the half horse comment we get from Roose Bolton in ADWD and here with Valena Toland who also makes the comment about a girl jouster) just puts the matter to rest in my mind.

Agreed, more of a "back" shadowing.

Archived