The Winds of Winter Prologue

I'm still hoping for Quaithe. It would follow the southern maester pattern more or less (she's not a maester but a shadowbinder), and we could get background info on shadowbinding without spending too many chapters in Essos.

I would love a sort of replay of the ACOK prologue. The maester at the Twins decides to poison Walder Frey for the good of the realm and because of his violation of guest right. Only Walder doesn't have magic to protect him as Melisandre did. Walder and Maester share poison wine and die together. The dwath of Walder Frey sets in motion the inevitable; the Freys eat their own (figuratively).

This makes me happy

The most disposable characters at this point are probably Jojen and Doran Martell, though the latter may conflict with the preview Arianne chapters I've not read yet. One of the named wildlings at The Wall is pretty likely, in order to set up the Jon reappearance if he isn't permanently dead. I think that Martin may have to go back on his statement and introduce some Sand Snake POVs, if only for a few chapters, since Arianne is the only proactive POV so far at Dorne. Lord Spark - To answer your question, Robert Strong would turn on Cersei. Maybe that's how it pans out.

jojen is paste

A maester at highgarden watching the Queen of thorns bite it is possible. this would throw the Tyrells into disarray as she seems to be the only one with a plan.

Anyone thinks it could be Mance? Theon's not inside winterfell anymore so this will give us an idea of what the boltons are up to. Plus it fits in with the prologue POV dying i guess coz i doubt the former king-beyond-the-wall will survive the battle on ice.

Anyone thinks it could be Mance? Theon's not inside winterfell anymore so this will give us an idea of what the boltons are up to. Plus it fits in with the prologue POV dying i guess coz i doubt the former king-beyond-the-wall will survive the battle on ice.

I hope not,but I agree we need eyes in Winterfell from the point where Theon jumps.I'm hoping it turns out to be whoever the Hooded Man is,or a spearwife... :dunno:

Patchface? He steals a boat and sails to Aeron after a prophetic vision and attempts to show his power over water in front of the Drowned Men by jumping into the offshore ocean. But he either gets eaten by a large shark or forgets he can't swim and survived the first time through a fluke, and dies in the attempt.

Ye gods, a lot of people surely want to see their pet characters doing something awesome. It seems to me that to some people the wait between volumes is something akin to the Long Winter.

Personally I cannot care less about wanting to have all Westeros mapped by means of POV's in convenient places catering to my own desires and wishes. I'll just wait and see. When it's done.

I hope not,but I agree we need eyes in Winterfell from the point where Theon jumps.I'm hoping it turns out to be whoever the Hooded Man is,or a spearwife... :dunno:

the hooded man is definitely possible. The spearwives are all dead though arent they? The bastard says something about having made 6 cloaks out of them in the pink letter. Any thoughts on who the hooded man is by the way? Mance? A manderly knight?

I imagine it will be someone witnessing the carnage at King's Landing as a result of Kevan and Pycelle's deaths. Maybe a guard, maybe a maester like Ballabar or Frenken. But whatever happens it will end with them witnessing/falling victim to Ser Robert Strong.

• 3 weeks later...

1. Garlan the Gallant POV might be interesting, we would see Highgarden for the first time as well as other Tyrells such as Willas, and then his efforts to repel the Ironborn from the Reach.

2. Septa Lemore; gives us an interesting viewpoint to follow (f)Aegon.

3. Although George has a habit of killing off the prologue POV characters, so someone like Jojen, Obara sand (killed by Darkstar?) or someone at Slaver's Bay.

Archived