Will the North declare for Dany?

therealbando

When and IF Dany gets to Westeros she somehow needs to find other allies first, because the Northman won't back the Daughter of the mad king if they have another option, unless its Bolton/Frey. If a Stark is indeed in place for the North to rally around I think they will follow his/her lead, and Northern Independance is most likely what they would want IMO.

When and IF Dany gets to Westeros she somehow needs to find other allies first, because the Northman won't back the Daughter of the mad king if they have another option, unless its Bolton/Frey. If a Stark is indeed in place for the North to rally around I think they will follow his/her lead, and Northern Independance is most likely what they would want IMO.

And if that Stark decides that they should support Dany would they agree?

Hell no! The North prefers Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks and people approved by Starks (read. Stannis) before a girl whose father burned and strangled Starks, whose brother raped a Stark and who hates Starks.

I was thinking the same thing but that would mean that they would go against Stannis, which would be a little awkward considering that he`s alrady there and some of them have already declared for him. Could the North be separated between a Stannis vs Dany war?

Not a single Northern House has declared for Stannis*. They have declared for the Starks and help Stannis to help them. As soon as their interests don't align anymore, all bets are off.

* exception: Arnolf Karstark. But that betrayer is as good as dead and not head of a house anyway

Hell no! The North prefers Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks, Starks and people approved by Starks (read. Stannis) before a girl whose father burned and strangled Starks, whose brother raped a Stark and who hates Starks.

Not a single Northern House has declared for Stannis*. They have declared for the Starks and help Stannis to help them. As soon as their interests don't align anymore, all bets are off.

* exception: Arnolf Karstark. But that betrayer is as good as dead and not head of a house anyway

I see your point. So Dany would be one of the last options for the North, maybe just ahead of the Lannisters and Freys

Why would they support Dany? Why would Dany even want the North (considering its ruled by URSURPER DOGS)?

Besides the North have their own dragon...no need to back a soutron one.

But in all seriousness, Torrhen Stark bent a knee once but for the rest, the North was left alone and largely autonomous. They, along with the Iron Isles, are the least integrated regions in the 7K. You'd think Dorne too, but they intermarried into the Targs and share the same religion.

I don't see why the North would be in a massive hurry to support Dany or Aegon. They have, as usual, other stuff to worry about, like zombie apocolypse 201x. And I don't think Dany will ever set foot in the North, she'll get to the Trident eventually but not the North.

No. No freaking way. She's probably the last person they'd declare for, considering she is Aerys's daughter. She'd have to win them over big time. But yeah, don't see it happening so long as pretty much anyone else is available to support.

Only if Dany has reasonable control of the Dragons. They didn't bend the knee until they were certain that the only other outcome was mass destruction. I believe unless Dany controls them the dragons will be more of a liability to the North than the Northerners will put up with. And without any of the dragons why would they listen to a young girl?

No chance in hell.

First you have the Starks: Bran, Rickon, Sansa, Arya and Jon.

If all the Starks die, there's Stannis who is actually doing something for the North,

Then is Aegon who have a far better claim than Dany (unless he's proven false, which I think won't happen)

With the number of wildlings I won't be surprise if they "chose" a new King. democratically

Then there's the Others...and Dany

I agree, but Dany has to realise that she can`t kill all those who rebelled against her father during RR because that would mean killing almost every lord. The only ones remaining would be the lords from Dorne, Reach and the Ironborn

And she didn't kill every slaver in Astapor, How could I forget she was a perfect rational person?

why they should do that?

Why would they support Dany? Why would Dany even want the North (considering its ruled by URSURPER DOGS)?

Besides the North have their own dragon...no need to back a soutron one.

But in all seriousness, Torrhen Stark bent a knee once but for the rest, the North was left alone and largely autonomous. They, along with the Iron Isles, are the least integrated regions in the 7K. You'd think Dorne too, but they intermarried into the Targs and share the same religion.

I don't see why the North would be in a massive hurry to support Dany or Aegon. They have, as usual, other stuff to worry about, like zombie apocolypse 201x. And I don't think Dany will ever set foot in the North, she'll get to the Trident eventually but not the North.

:agree: I :bowdown: for the Northern dragon.

“I know about the promise,” insisted the girl. “Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf’s Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!”

This is Dany talking, ok? :D

"No one underestimate Daenerys Targaryen. Clean your bloody ears and hear this I say:

Fuck the North! Fuck the Northmen! Fuck your King!

Keep your castles! Keep your Old Gods! Keep your Wall! Keep the Others! Keep your snow! And keep Tormund's member for all I care!

I will keep my three dragons! No one will ever ride any of them without my leave, even your fucking Azor Ahai, Jon Snow! Hear that!

If you don't want me to come to Westeros, fine! I will stay in Meereen. I will go to every places that has slaves, free them all and call them my people. I will make peace with Yunkai, with Qarth, and every place that fights against me. I will make them all love me, because I am Daenerys Targaryen, the Queen of my beloved people. Unlike you. You are only kings and queens of your kingdom, of your throne, and of your crown. I won't come to Westeros while the wights and the others bleed you bloody until you call for Me! For Me! Mysha!

You want me to marry one of your fucking Northman so you can make peace with me? Well, If he is not as fearsome as my son-and-stars Khal Drogo, or as hot as my lover Daario Naharis, you can marry him to yourselves!

You think I'm mad, you think I'm stupid, you think I'm a whore, you think I'm a monster? You can call me anything you like, it can't kill me!

Let the usurpers rule over you! I won't come until the time is right. It won't be today, or tomorrow, or the next fucking day. Maybe never. Would that makes you all happy? Then celebrate, have a feast, and tomorrow you'll all be hungry. Winter is coming. But not to Daenerys Targaryen."

The thing is ... Westeros has to be united in order for the threat from the Others to actually be a threat to everyone. If the North is independent, why would the South care? It would be an exact replica of the wildling problem - any Southern claimants would just let the Northerners fight the Others, just as they let the Night's Watch fight the Wildlings.

This means two things: either Westeros has to be united under one ruler, or the North and the South are separate but united against the threat. So, if Dany is the Queen of the South, whoever rules the North will either swear fealty to her or unite with her as an equal.

If neither of those happen, then what's the point of the South? It would be very, very, VERY anti-climatic if the Others didn't in some way impact the South.

Archived