This Did Not End Well (For Chris Dorner)

Robin Of House Hill

If he wasn't a coward he would have come out guns blazing before the fire ever got him.

Right...right. Because in your world the brave thing to do would be to come out guns blazing, and the wise thing to do is burn the house down. Some world you got going there.

You're a cop, right?

i am talking about the two cops who got injured at the shoot out at the cabin, one of whom died earlier.

go read the articles again dude.

my understanding is he fled to the cabin after the shoot out. Whatever, doesnt matter. It fuckin sucks the officer lost his life in such a violent fashion, i agree.

i just don't get why you are suddenly advocating drone strikes. Jekyll and Hyde much?

Like, what kind of stand-off situation should ever be resolved with "burn the building he's in"? You could just fucking wait. He's not going anywhere.

But what if they didn't know for certain he was inside? Or they feared he might be able to escape somehow. It would be stupid to wait few days in front of empty cabin, while the guy is on his way to Mexico.

by the way, why are you peeps reading his "manifesto" anyhow? I remember on the thread after the shooting of sandyhook, many people raised the succint point that possibly a large part of the motivation of these mass killers is to gain notoriety and we should absolutely do everything we can to deny them that.

so my point is that just because the media published the insane ravings of a psychopath, it doesn't mean you have to read it.

But what if they didn't know for certain he was inside? Or they feared he might be able to escape somehow. It would be stupid to wait few days in front of empty cabin, while the guy is on his way to Mexico.

If they didn't know for certain he was inside, burning it down seems like an even dumber idea.

Um, isn't this exactly why SWAT teams exist?

To get killed bringing in a murderer? No not at all. To bring in a murderer without any police or other innocents getting killed? Sure. Looks like that is exactly what happened at the cabin. Job well done. If your brother/father/lovedone was on the team at the cabin would you have rather they breached or burnt the cabin?

For the record I would be all for the waiting game myself. That would have been my first assumption if I had been in charge of the scene. There could have been more going on that our armchair quarterbacking can not see. For example, a silenced sniper rifle was reported to have been in the suspect's possession. And night vision. Care to sit out there in the dark tonight watching the cabin with the possibility he still had something like that in the cabin with him?

Did they know if he had more weapons in the cabin? It just feels like people are taking an overly optimistic view regarding the options available and the risks involved.

Seems like setting the building on fire prevents Dormer from controlling the situation?

eta: Heh, ninja'd by Sturn

by the way, why are you peeps reading his "manifesto" anyhow? I remember on the thread after the shooting of sandyhook, many people raised the succint point that possibly a large part of the motivation of these mass killers is to gain notoriety and we should absolutely do everything we can to deny them that.

so my point is that just because the media published the insane ravings of a psychopath, it doesn't mean you have to read it.

Did anyone really read it? It was like a poorly punctuated novella.

Having read his "manifesto" I don't think that he is (1) raving (2) insane or a (3) psychopath. Although it is impossible to ever know for certain, I have absolutely zero trouble believing that the notoriously corrupt LAPD would cover up and then retaliate against an officer for a legitimate report of excessive force. Let me be clear - nothing makes killing the daughter and step-son of someone who fucked you over okay. That's some pretty evil shit. But he's not a raving lunatic, and many of his criticisms of the behavior of the LAPD ring true to me.

i just don't get why you are suddenly advocating drone strikes.

I think the situation called for precisely that ............ drone surveillance to find the suspect and drone strike to take him out.

Much better than a dragnet all over south cal (with anxious cops shooting at asian ladies in trucks) culminating in a possible hostage situation (luckily they didn't got harmed) to a standoff/shootout in a cabin where two cops were shot and one died.

It's about time we expand the drone program to address domestic threats anyhow .......... if it's good enough for yemen/pakistan, it's good enough for the good ol usa.

I think the situation called for precisely that ............ drone surveillance to find the suspect and drone strike to take him out.

Much better than a dragnet all over south cal (with anxious cops shooting at asian ladies in trucks) culminating in a possible hostage situation (luckily they didn't got harmed) to a standoff/shootout in a cabin where two cops were shot and one died.

It's about time we expand the drone program to address domestic threats anyhow .......... if it's good enough for yemen/pakistan, it's good enough for the good ol usa.

Why stop at drone strikes? They could have just engaged in a mass firebombing of the cabin complex! Firebombing - if it's good enough for Germany! But really, if they wanted to be safe, t hey should have considered low-yield nuclear weapons. If it's good enough for Japan!

Archived