This Did Not End Well (For Chris Dorner)

Robin Of House Hill

One of my theories is he isn't in the mountains at all, but already crossing into Mexico. He first tried to grab a boat (where was he planning on going?). That failed. Next his truck is burnt up near a mountainous area. If he is thinking like a cop, he knows his ex-co-workers are now busy scouring the mountains while he is driving a Ford Tempo south? I could easily be wrong, he is probably just completely psycho and will be eventually found in the mountains possibly after a shoot out. But, he could have released his manifesto and burnt his truck on the edge of a wilderness area just to distract the police.

The psychopath will probably be shot on sight. Hopefully he won't take anybody hostage before that.

That most likely won't end well for the hostage(s).

I think sociopath fits better than psychopath. This guy is not impulsive. He made a plan, and while I don't think he has kept to it 100%, he isn't impulsive. I also don't think hostage taking is part of his plan, though if that gave him an edge if he was backed into a corner, he'd probably do it. I think, in his mind it is him against the police, with an additional agenda of causing those he thinks wronged him, to suffer.

One of my theories is he isn't in the mountains at all, but already crossing into Mexico. He first tried to grab a boat (where was he planning on going?). That failed. Next his truck is burnt up near a mountainous area. If he is thinking like a cop, he knows his ex-co-workers are now busy scouring the mountains while he is driving a Ford Tempo south? I could easily be wrong, he is probably just completely psycho and will be eventually found in the mountains possibly after a shoot out. But, he could have released his manifesto and burnt his truck on the edge of a wilderness area just to distract the police.

I never thought he had stayed in the mountains. I might have if he'd simply hidden the truck, without burning it. If I've figured his play book out, he'll lay low for a short while and let folks get complacent. I don't think he's gone to Mexico. His "mission isn't finished and it is in California.

I actually have a theory that he has a bunker somewhere. He's certainly thought this through a d fantasized about it long enough to have a "bug out" plan. He's not exactly a conspicuous looking guy either so hiding in plain sight isn't an option.

I didn't understand the boat move but maybe that was just flubbed?

Dorner's ID and some of his personal belongings were found Thursday at the San Ysidro Point of Entry at the U.S.-Mexico border, according to the affidavit.

http://www.cnn.com/2...acks/?hpt=hp_t1

Edit: But, I suppose he could have mailed some of his belongings to an accomplice to drop them at the border. It just seems strange that a person sneaking off to Mexico would accidentally drop his, "ID and some of his personal belongings", at a border crossing. I could be giving him more credit then he's capable of though. They aren't chasing Jason Bourne.

As I'm reading the Sunday paper there is an article about not just one mistaken truck but two being fired at. The first was two women the second a man.

How is it possible that these buffoons don't stop long enough to check who is in the truck before opening fire on innocent people?

I hope these people file massive lawsuits against the LAPD. That's just insanity. Shoot first, ask later.

I think it's one of those things where you have a split second to react and you're already stressed.

It does make people angry at the LAPD as it is reckless, but I can see their position as well.

I don't buy that at all... Don't discharge a weapon until you know what you are firing at. This is fairly simple. Even in war, you should identify a target before shooting. There is no excuse for this.

I don't have all of the information for this, so I can not adequately judge, but unless the first thing out of the offending officer's mouth isn't that he mistook the driver for the perpetrator, and believed that they were attacking then there is no excuse. Even if that is the case, the officer should be suspended until such a time that his nerves/imagination do not make him/her a public threat.

Oh, I agree with the suspension. I'm just expressing a bit of sympathy, not saying their actions are ultimately excusable.

Sympathy? Because the jackass cop can't tell the difference between a large black man and two Asian women?

Yeah, my heart fucking bleeds for those idiots.

And if a large black man, other than the suspect, had been in that truck, it would have been ok?

I'm not sure if it would have been okay, but it would have been somewhat more excusable if the person in the truck could be mistaken for the suspect. As it is, it seems that the officers in question decided to shoot up any truck matching the description without bothering to see who was inside, as if no other person could have a truck of the same make and color. That is completely beyond the pale.

For example, I live in Maryland, where the sniper shootings were a decade ago. We were told to be wary of white vans when that was the shooters' suspected vehicle. Local police didn't proceed at white vans on principle.

I'm a bit surprised that the media hasn't compared the "excessive force" claim that Dorner filed to the Kelly Thomas murder by Fullerton cops.

The LAPD also stated that they are re opening his case to further substantiate that they ruled correctly and not to "appease Dorner". The guy said he would stop his mission once his named is cleared - for goodness sakes just put out a press release that they are doing their best to find the truth instead of pissing him off even more.

I can't answer for AP, but it is pretty apparent that is not what is being said.

I was pointing to the fact that who actually was in the truck, didn't make any difference. If you are behind a truck and open fire, without warning, you are basically shooting people in the back. Of course, the other incident consisted of police ramming a pickup truck and shooting at it for no reason.

The cops in both incidents should be fired, but they won't be. Now, the police will worry that anyone they fire will start shooting at them, some day.

As I'm reading the Sunday paper there is an article about not just one mistaken truck but two being fired at. The first was two women the second a man.

How is it possible that these buffoons don't stop long enough to check who is in the truck before opening fire on innocent people?

I hope these people file massive lawsuits against the LAPD. That's just insanity. Shoot first, ask later.

It's the LAPD.

Archived