Will Stannis kill fat Walda?

Veltigar

I was recently compiling all my thoughts on the first half of tWoW in one long thread(http://asoiaf.wester...art-of-the-wow/).

I won't repost the whole thing here (please check it out I would like people thoughts on the matter), but I personally think that Stannis is going to win the battle for Winterfell (duh, it's Stannis Baratheon). And after completing that subsection, a little question arose with me.

If Stannis takes Winterfell and Fat Walda doesn't get killed in the fight, what would he do with her?

I mean she's pregnant, so her child would be heir to the Bolton lands and the child would have had Frey blood as well.

+ Fat Walda was present at the RW.

I think that Stannis would chop her head off (being a just king and all).

SO what do you think?

Dealing with children is always a moral quandary when their parents are traitors. I doubt he kills a pregnant woman. He could hold off on judgement until she pops and then judge.

It is a big dillema because on one hand you if he leaves her alive, she has the baby and they have a Bolton heir to Dreadfort, who didn`t commit any of his fathers and step-brothers crimes (neither did Walda), but on the other hand if the baby lives and inherits Dreadfort who can guarantee that when he grows up he won`t seek vengeance?

I don't foresee her surviving the next book either. I just don't know if Stannis has it in him to kill a pregnant woman who has not committed any crimes. I could see the case of possibly executing her for treason but not before the baby is born. I don't see why he wouldn't foster the baby at one of his own bannermans' castles.

It is a big dillema because on one hand you if he leaves her alive, she has the baby and they have a Bolton heir to Dreadfort, who didn`t commit any of his fathers and step-brothers crimes (neither did Walda), but on the other hand if the baby lives and inherits Dreadfort who can guarantee that when he grows up he won`t seek vengeance?

I suppose he could send a boy to the nights watch. A girl he could keep as a ward and wed to the replacement Dreadfort lord or his heir when she comes of age. Any other suggestions?

I mean she's pregnant, so her child would be heir to the Bolton lands and the child would have had Frey blood as well.

+ Fat Walda was present at the RW.

I think that Stannis would chop her head off (being a just king and all).

First of all, Stannis burns people, doesn't chop heads off.

Second of all, I don't see a crime Fat Walda is guilty off, unless you want to make a case that not warning Robb is a crime punishable by death.

He will not kill her to kill the baby. He could send the kid to the nights watch or keep him/her as hostage. He won't let the kid inherit the dreadfort.

Fat Walda was at the Red Wedding but there is no evidence that she had any prior knowledge of it or any involvement in it. She went off with the other women to bed Lord Tully and when that was done she was probaly taken aside and told a fight had broken out in the main hall or whatever. I think that keeping some of these Freys alive as hostages to trade for the Northern ones makes sense. She has little value but she is carrying the potential heir to the Dreadfort in her belly which could have some value. She will probaly live and her child or children will probaly inherit the Dreadfort.

Yeh, this is what I'm thinking.

I don't think she'll survive the next book though, so someone's going to kill her.

mmm maybe someone will kill her in secret and make a nice Frey pie out of her :). After all she is just a Frey, isnt it :)

Starks have wiped out the Boltons twice in the past and let an infant Bolton live. Will they make the mistake again? I do not think Stannis will get his sinewy hands on Walda. Most like Ramsay or some other Northernman will do for her. If Stannis has her prisoner, she'll die after childbirth. The child will be stripped of his inheritance and live either a hostage for life or be sent to the watch.

mmm maybe someone will kill her in secret and make a nice Frey pie out of her :). After all she is just a Frey, isnt it :)

Look. This is an entirely different thread and I REALLY do not appreciate you following me into threads and making comments based on what I have said in completely different threads.

Do not test my patience, because I do not find you amusing.

Well, in theory, Fat Walda's child would be very useful to Stannis. If it's a boy, he has his own heir to the Dreadfort. He can subjugate that region easily after killing Roose and Ramsay. Just revamp the fort a bit, get rid of the old secret torture rooms and all that, foster the child with his own bannermen or other loyal northern houses. The key would simply be in maybe changing the Bolton sigil and changing the culture of the house to get a fresh start.

It's like how Lancel needed a Darry to govern the region. Stannis would find pacifying that region of the north far easily if he had a continuation of the old line, no matter how feared they were in their own lands.

Archived