Why does everyone love Davos so much?

Kyoti

This

and this

pretty much resume what can be said to answer OP's question

Also, why are there so many "Why does everyone love/hate x character so much" threads?

I mean, you like a character, or you don't, everyone has their own reasons to do so, and knowing those reason probably won't change your mind about them.

I couldn't agree more. Every story has good guys, bad guys, likeable, despicable, relatable, insane (and many more) characters. Whether the reader likes them or not is generally not important in the scheme of the narrative as a whole. I love the Bloody Mummers and Ramsay Bolton, although I find them utterly dispicable. I like Jon and Dany and Tyrion, even when they are being annoying, doing stupid things. I love Arya and Bran and Brienne and Jaime and Cersei and Dolorous Edd and Stannis and Tywin and Robb and Cat and Gendry... you get the picture. In a story with over a thousand named characters, there must be some people to like, and never mind the ones you don't.

I must say, I see where the OP is coming from on this one. I've always felt about Davos the way I think some people feel about Jon - he's obviously a kind and decent man, but I don't find him interesting or complex enough to become truly attached to him. Since Dance, Jon has had some real moral struggles, but ultimately Davos is a side character and the story isn't about his 'war within his own heart', to paraphrase GRRM, so I don't think he will ever become that fleshed out. It doesn't help that I always found his chapters (until Dance) to be some of the most difficult to read. Although I think it would be odd to dislike Davos - what is there to dislike? - I am surprised that so many people seem to really warm to him.

Davos' ass is the only one I would like to see sitting on the Iron Throne. I know that won't happen but I can't say I didn't wish for it.

One of my favourite moments of the whole series is Davos learning to read. Instead of going around trying to do something more "Hand"ish like getting power or women or getting benefits for his family, he realises is time for him to learn the most basic stuff he can to help his King. And then, you think "oh, well, he's just learning his ABC, that's cute" and BAM! the letter from the Wall. For me, that's was one of those moments when you realise someone small doing something small and simple as well can lead to great things.

The only unlikable thing about Davos is his loyalty to Stannis.However I greatly respect loyalty even to the wrong cause, so even that doesn't count.All in all there is no reason not to like him.

Wrong cause???

Err Stannis is the rightful King and more importantly was the only one bothered to help the Night's Watch defend the realm and now wants to get rid of the Bolton and Frey occupation.

As for Davos (or Davros as I first read the name!) it has been mentioned above but his time in Manderley's hall was IMO his finest hour.

Reading the novels, I always felt Davos reminded me of my dad. Then the HBO series went ahead a cast a guy that looks EXACTLY like my father.

LOL that's really strange

I resemble Mya Stone and my Dad looks like King Robert HAHA, and when he was younger he looked exactly like the description for young Robert

i always found that prety amusing

Davos' ass is the only one I would like to see sitting on the Iron Throne. I know that won't happen but I can't say I didn't wish for it.

One of my favourite moments of the whole series is Davos learning to read. Instead of going around trying to do something more "Hand"ish like getting power or women or getting benefits for his family, he realises is time for him to learn the most basic stuff he can to help his King. And then, you think "oh, well, he's just learning his ABC, that's cute" and BAM! the letter from the Wall. For me, that's was one of those moments when you realise someone small doing something small and simple as well can lead to great things.

If Stannis wins, we will see Davos on the throne.

Archived