What dragons are comming to eat Shireen?

Ice Turtle

I have to believe "dragons from stone" is what is staring the readers in the face, though not Melisandre. Daenerys already woke dragons from the petrified dragon eggs. Khal Drogo, despite not dying in the fire, was the "king's blood" offering to make the ritual work.

As for Shireen's dreams, I strongly suspect they are Targaryen prophetic dragon dreams. However, as The Mystery Knight demonstrated, those are highly subject to misinterpretation. "Dragons coming to eat her" might be Daenerys attacking the North to kill off remaining Baratheons. Only, Daenerys attacking the North during winter would probably get her killed far quicker than Shireen.

As for Shireen herself, I maintain she will be Queen on the Iron Throne by Series end.

Clearly a marriage between Aegon and Shireen would make dynastic sense and prevent a major battle. It is not as if there are many other eligible marriage partners - assuming that it would need to be the elder son of a noble family.

If this is a prophetic dream shouldn't it be taken into account that she wasn't eaten in her dream or at least her language hints so since she says they were coming to eat her not that they ate her or bit her?

That is what I am talking about. Shireen is a scared little child. She mistakes the intention of the dragon. I think the dragon is coming to kiss her which means she can be the queen of Jon.

Shireen is Stannis's sole heir, the last heir in the Baratheon line, Stannis has already given the command to have a huge sellsword army raised and they are to fight for her in the event of his death. Her dreams are that she is eaten by dragons could mean that Stannis dies and she is the rightful heir, making her a threat to be eliminated.

I agree: Shireen will be the only Baratheon left and once the sell swords get back she will be more than likely promised to Rickon. Those sell swords will become the norths.

Clearly a marriage between Aegon and Shireen would make dynastic sense and prevent a major battle. It is not as if there are many other eligible marriage partners - assuming that it would need to be the elder son of a noble family.

Aegon will likely already be married to Arianne of Dorne, and Shireen's prospects aren't as good as they'd otherwise be. Last of the Baratheons or no, her grayscale means no highborn lord is going to want her.

Shireen will have a part to play, but I think it will be a very sad one. Under her sadness she's a lovely child.

“I had bad dreams,” Shireen told him. “About the dragons. They were coming to eat me.”

The child had been plagued by nightmares as far back as Maester Cressen could recall.

Do you think Sireen's dreams are prophetic?

Aegon/Connington want to kill all Baratheons, I think that Dany would do it too, but they are so far away. As are literal dragons. The only dragon near Sireen is Jon Snow, could it be him?

I can see Mel sacrifice Shireen in some sort of "burning heart" king's blood ritual where Jon would be fed her heart as a means to "heal" him (as opposed to resurrecting him, because I don't think he's dead, he'll just be in a skinchanging coma, IMO). This could also fulfill the AAR prophecies. When Jon wakes, he'll kill Mel for sacrificing Shireen, and Patchface will let the Others through the wall or blow the horn, or something that allows the Others invasion to start.

Archived