What dragons are comming to eat Shireen?

Ice Turtle

Given that she has Targaryen lineage and they have the whole "dragon dream" thing going on, I'm going to say that yes Shireen's dreams and prophetic, but refer to figurative dragons, not literal ones. Whether that refers to Aegon, Bloodraven, Daenerys or Jon, who's to say.

Fits kind of nicely with the theory, that Melisandre will sacrifice Shireen because of her king's blood in order to resurrect Jon Snow (waking dragons from stone). Melisandre uses fire-magic, fire consumes, and if Shireen's life is transferred to Jon, you could say that she was "consumed" or "eaten by a dragon."

A cracker pot came to my mind recently. What if Shireen was interpreting her dream wrong? What if the dragon is coming to kiss her? A dragon's kiss can easily be mistaken by its bite. So is it possible that the dragon is coming to kiss her, maybe heal her from greyscale? Historically there is a strong myth about the king's hand having healing power.

Would that foreshadow Shireen will marry Jon and be his queen?

Edit: I noticed a great parallel between Shireen and Ursula Leguin's Tehanu. Tehanu also called Therru is a half burnt child. I dont remember exactly but she had dreams of a Black Dragon coming for her. In the end the oldest dragon Kalessin (The Black Dragon) came and saved her.

I like this. I hope the dragon will help her instead, and that the dragon is Jon. Wishful thinking, I know.

Shireen = stoneskin.

Shireen = Targ blood.

Shireen IS the stone dragon?

Are there any threads on that notion?

I don't think today's Baratheons have a notable amount of Targaryen blood in their veins. Yeah, they're an offspring of them, but they didn't keep their bloodline pure over centuries, so it should be totally diluted by now.

I don't think today's Baratheons have a notable amount of Targaryen blood in their veins. Yeah, they're an offspring of them, but they didn't keep their bloodline pure over centuries, so it should be totally diluted by now.

Actually, Stannis Grandmother was 50% Targaryen which would make him 1/8 Targaryen which isn't as diluted as Quentyn's Martells Targaryen blood from the first Daenerys. I still think the reference to waking dragons from stone still refers to Jon and the Wall, his blood has already been spilled by the end of Dance too

Shireen will be eaten by Hodor, who is the secret son of Old Nan and Maester Aemon. It is known :lol:

*end jokes*

If anything, I am betting her death will be accidental; in the midst of a confrontation between *insert-name** and *insert-name* upon a dragon, Shireen will come tottering out and be spotted by a dragon, who will flash fry her and promptly eat her

Yeah I agree that Mel will use Shireen to somehow bring back Jon, thereby awakening the dragon. Twistedly, I feel like Selyse will probably be happy to give up Shireen to such a cause.

As for the 'stone beast' itself, I think it plays out in multiple forms in typical GRRM fashion. One is Jon, Another is Shireen. Perhaps Aegon might get greyscale before it's all said and done. But I think the one that Dany slays is an actual magical stone beast that the Hightowers (specifically the witch one) might bring about somehow.

Since she's a child, I guess it's safe to bet that it is Dany the dragon that will murder poor little Shireen.

I don't think so. I think she is forseeing Mel in her dreams. She has King's blood and Mel is getting desparate. Also, they are both at the Wall, without Stannis. The Queen's men are Mel's & would probably not stop Mel from sacrificing little Shireen for R'Hollr.

Archived