How obsessed are you about ASOIAF?

King of Winters

To the point that an interventionmay be required. Seriously, I have added to my vocabulary "Seven Hells", "Others take it", "Winter is coming" and "Hear me roar". My living room looks like a valyrian steel armory. I have framed all the maps from The Lands of Ice and Fire. I am trying to recruit people in Montreal to go to ComiCon dressed like each one of the great houses of Westeros. Ya I am nuts I know.

I've also added some phrases to my vocabulary as well. If I need to swear in front of one my family members I say "SEVEN HELLS!!" Or if something bad happening or going to happen at home or I see something and on the news I do say "Winter Is Coming"

More obsessed at the moment than I probably should be . I've almost finished the first book in my series wide re-read, just picked up both the games on steam. even though they're poorly rated, I'm really looking forward to the show starting and I'm spending way too much time on these forums. Oh and I played in a six player game of the board game the other week, though I was a fan of that before I knew anything about the story.

OK fine but if posts start appearing where I self-poclaim to be the king of c***suckers, I will blame you.

Ok then, you just do us all proud and get p*ssed like Robert Baratheon after a battle

I'm so obsessed that even my secretary gave me a firebreathing fiveheaded dragon for my birthday yesterday. said she couldn't find one with just three. she watched me open it, and just looked at me, shook her head and walked away.

BTW - it's an incense burner and it's awesome.

My first son and I are so obsessed that LAST weekend my second son proclaimed that it was ASOIAF free weekend zone. Well, in fairness it WAS his wedding weekend. (I managed to secretly get in a few talks with some folks though).

My first son and I are so obsessed that LAST weekend my second son proclaimed that it was ASOIAF free weekend zone. Well, in fairness it WAS his wedding weekend. (I managed to secretly get in a few talks with some folks though).

Ser, you are as sneaky as a faceless man

I'm extremely obsessed but it's a very cheap addiction, compared to some of my past ones:)

My co-worker has read the series once. I have asked her and asked her to re-read it and she keeps dragging her feet. I said cryptically today to her," Soooooooo Gail, I suppose you think that Ned Stark is Jon's father?" Her mouth dropped open LOL! I said," You really need to re-read the stories and look for clues" :) I'm so mean.

I'm extremely obsessed but it's a very cheap addiction, compared to some of my past ones:)

My co-worker has read the series once. I have asked her and asked her to re-read it and she keeps dragging her feet. I said cryptically today to her," Soooooooo Gail, I suppose you think that Ned Stark is Jon's father?" Her mouth dropped open LOL! I said," You really need to re-read the stories and look for clues" :) I'm so mean.

Mean but truthful

I am obsessed with it to the point where I try to force other people to read the books. I'll be like, "Excuse me, (fill in name of friend) do you have time for the word of our lord and savior George R. R. Martin?" Whenever I discover a fellow fan of ASOIAF in real life, I get more excited than I should. I consistently trade ASOIAF references in my history class with my teacher (a fellow fan), like Charles Martell being "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" at the battle of Tours

I'd say I'm pretty into ASOIAF. I tend to get overexcited and think everything is a reference to the series even though it clearly isn't (e.g. if there's a character in a video game called Jon my mind instantly goes "ASOIAF reference!" Even though Jon is a common name :lol:)

Will you watch Kit, Lesie and Charles on Jonathan Ross

Ooh! When is it due to air?

I'd say I'm pretty into ASOIAF. I tend to get overexcited and think everything is a reference to the series even though it clearly isn't (e.g. if there's a character in a video game called Jon my mind instantly goes "ASOIAF reference!" Even though Jon is a common name :lol:)

Ooh! When is it due to air?

It's on right now on ITV

I am obsessed with it to the point where I try to force other people to read the books. I'll be like, "Excuse me, (fill in name of friend) do you have time for the word of our lord and savior George R. R. Martin?" Whenever I discover a fellow fan of ASOIAF in real life, I get more excited than I should. I consistently trade ASOIAF references in my history class with my teacher (a fellow fan), like Charles Martell being "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" at the battle of Tours

At least you'll be be better than a Jehovah's Witness

i'm so obsessed that right now the only thought going through my mind after reading this thread is why don't you guys live near me so i can organize an asoiaf night at some bar/pub/restaurant? of course what i should be thinking of is why are you not doing the work you're supposed to be doing today?

*sigh*

Archived